UNTRUSTWORTHY/DODGY TICKET SELLERS/BUYERS

If you’re after a ticket for an Arsenal game or have one to spare, then let your fellow Gooners know in this section and hopefully you’ll find a match. Please ensure you take the time to read the rules for this section carefully before posting.
Leedsgooner1

Re: UNTRUSTWORTHY/DODGY TICKET SELLERS/BUYERS

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:10 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:56 pm
Leedsgooner1 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:37 pm
Unfortunately I have to add Rian 1 who is a new member, having responded to a PM on Wednesday night I paid straight away for Huddersfield tickets tomorrow and was promised a 24 hour delivery today Friday. Upon asking for a tracking reference I had excuses that his local post office did not do a guaranteed next day service (never heard of this before) and despite many texts and excuses throughout the day the tickets were never sent which has left my 15 year old son devastated.

Just be wary in any future dealings..

I did get my money back which is a bonus I guess but I would rather have had honest dealings and tickets for tomorrows game.
Messaged him in the morning telling him I posted through my office post officeas I dropped it before a client’a court hearing in Cambridge. I left it with the clerk as I dropped them before 9am.

I told him once the clerk sends it off, I’ll receive the tracking by post and send it off to him. I received a text whilst in the hearing and was able to access it after and told him that she said she can send it off but is not guaranteed as all our post is sent 1st class.

I drove after the hearing and tried 2 post offices nearby. Both said special delivery Saturday available but not guaranteed. I didn’t feel comfortable as it wasn’t guaranteed where I’d lose out money.

Since I found it wasn’t posted I asked to send him a refund and he can pay when he receives tickets. At last, I have issues refund + some pints money as I felt I let him down. Even after that, I tried another post office but that was closed.

If he hasn’t heard that offices do not do special delivery I can’t help him, I apologised throughout and tried a few more times after the refund but I got in the office around 4:45 and most post offices were closed.

I couldn’t go due to familial emergency, didn’t want to let him down and I can’t do more than send him pints money and apologies.

I also told him I’d get his son Tottenham tickets next season on me if he likes.

Don’t know what else I can do.
Sounds to me like you made a fair effort there mate and there was no ill intent on your part to rip Leedsgooner1 off. Sometimes these things happen. Hope Leedsgooner1 is happy enough with this response?
That's fine, the thing was that my son was super excited when I told him that tickets were on their way only to disappoint the following day which in turn made me feel like the awful Dad. I can see that Rian 1 tried his best so am happy that he is not placed on the list.

Thanks
Steve

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leedsgooner1 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:10 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:56 pm
Leedsgooner1 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:37 pm
Unfortunately I have to add Rian 1 who is a new member, having responded to a PM on Wednesday night I paid straight away for Huddersfield tickets tomorrow and was promised a 24 hour delivery today Friday. Upon asking for a tracking reference I had excuses that his local post office did not do a guaranteed next day service (never heard of this before) and despite many texts and excuses throughout the day the tickets were never sent which has left my 15 year old son devastated.

Just be wary in any future dealings..

I did get my money back which is a bonus I guess but I would rather have had honest dealings and tickets for tomorrows game.
Messaged him in the morning telling him I posted through my office post officeas I dropped it before a client’a court hearing in Cambridge. I left it with the clerk as I dropped them before 9am.

I told him once the clerk sends it off, I’ll receive the tracking by post and send it off to him. I received a text whilst in the hearing and was able to access it after and told him that she said she can send it off but is not guaranteed as all our post is sent 1st class.

I drove after the hearing and tried 2 post offices nearby. Both said special delivery Saturday available but not guaranteed. I didn’t feel comfortable as it wasn’t guaranteed where I’d lose out money.

Since I found it wasn’t posted I asked to send him a refund and he can pay when he receives tickets. At last, I have issues refund + some pints money as I felt I let him down. Even after that, I tried another post office but that was closed.

If he hasn’t heard that offices do not do special delivery I can’t help him, I apologised throughout and tried a few more times after the refund but I got in the office around 4:45 and most post offices were closed.

I couldn’t go due to familial emergency, didn’t want to let him down and I can’t do more than send him pints money and apologies.

I also told him I’d get his son Tottenham tickets next season on me if he likes.

Don’t know what else I can do.
Sounds to me like you made a fair effort there mate and there was no ill intent on your part to rip Leedsgooner1 off. Sometimes these things happen. Hope Leedsgooner1 is happy enough with this response?
That's fine, the thing was that my son was super excited when I told him that tickets were on their way only to disappoint the following day which in turn made me feel like the awful Dad. I can see that Rian 1 tried his best so am happy that he is not placed on the list.

Thanks
Steve
Sorry it didn't work out for you and your son mate but thanks for responding and being so understanding.

pepw

Post by pepw »

Further to the previous complaint by Leedsgooner1, Rian1 to be added to this list.

I sold my Huddersfield tickets on here to Rian1 who paid me by bank transfer. They were sent to him by special delivery and were delivered and signed for on 5th february, the day before Leedsgooner1 tried to purchase them from Rian1 it seems.

On the 6th February, out of the blue, my bank account was frozen. It remained frozen for 3 weeks (causing me immense hardship and hassle) and my bank were very vague about what was going on, simply informing me that the fraud team were investigating a suspicious payment.

When my account was eventually reinstated, lo and behold the exact same amount of money Rian1 had transferred to me for the Huddersfield tickets had been removed from my account. Noone else has sent me a similar amount.

I have spoken at length with my bank who have categorically informed me (twice) that it was Rian1's payment sent to me on 1st February that has been returned. The reason for this was that his bank raised a complaint with my bank that Rian1 had been the victim of a scam in that he had been coerced into paying for goods that were not received.

Rian1 has since given me a tonne of BS as he seems to have done with Leedsgooner1 above. He has even had the nerve to threaten me with legal action if I post what has happened.

Needless to say I'm also fairly disgusted with the way my bank has dealt with this. They never even asked me my version of events or if I could disprove the complaint until after they had returned the money to him - which would have been easily done what with the proof of delivery and his botched sale to Leedsgooner1 above.

So I will leave you all to draw your own conclusions about Rian1 and the type of character he is. Hopefully the mods will do what needs to be done.

I would also recommend to any gooners selling on here to request payments for tickets by paypal so that at least if someone like Rian1 tries to pull a fast one like this again you can go through some sort of fair dispute process to stop the money being returned.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

First of all, LeedsGooner1's situation is different as money was exchanged and money has been returned + kind gesture. No point in you brown nosing what happens with tickets as they were in my possession and I was trying to pass them on so someone can enjoy the game as I couldn't go.

I'll keep it short and bullet pointed because obviously, as you'd expect, the gentleman over here didn't include the whole story because it doesn't suit his claim:-

- Tickets were received and signed by myself, I confirmed and his tracking status would confirm;

- Two weeks after the match he PM's me saying allegedly I have disputed the transaction and the money has been returned to me along with various threats in the nature of a) reporting me to the SRA (uneducated empty threat because he clearly doesn't know the procedure of how it works) b) contact authorities and debt collectors if I don't pay him again. - only then was legal action threat was sent to him;

- I got in touch with him ASAP as well as my bank who have confirmed that no dispute was open and I obtained a stamped and signed bank statement showing the transactions I made since the 1st of February and multiple times offered to show it to him. There were only 3 transactions (including the payment) since February until present day. Even then, I offered him to show a statement spanning from 1st of January 2019 until the present day PLUS transfer him a fiver beforehand so he can see it shows ALL the transactions. He doesn't acknowledge this and keeps threatening of posting the saga here which I have no problem with because I am transparent in my actions;

- Comes back to me via PM (with the same empty threats included) saying he spoke to the bank (Barclays) and they are 100% sure it was mine and has recorded the call (not sure if he even followed procedures under RIPA or else it is illegal) and will have a letter from his bank confirming this in writing. Requested this and still yet to have it as well as requesting to see his bank statement and the fact that money has been removed. Didn't show this either whereas I asked him for an email or number so I can send him my statement;

- Money was sent following OTP procedures so opening a claim wasn't possible as they've called me to check if it was me who did it and sent me a text - bank said the money was sent, received by Barclays and it is not their business nor mine (literally what they told me) to what happened to the funds. if his claim is true, I received no money and if money has been removed from his account I'd like to know where it is? - doesn't reply to that either but keeps banging on about money returned to me;

- I can publicly post my statement with sensitive info removed for everyone's reference and I even volunteered to send it to the admin here so he can see it at least, not sure if he can do that because he didn't even reply to it when I asked him personally... :roll:

There is not much else I can do as I am being pretty transparent here. I also told him to show me the money was taken and I'd send £70 in cash via post (so pay him twice for something I paid already) as I'll go ape shit with my bank if they had the money (as unlikely as Scums winning the league). Branch manager to put it simply pretty much told me I'm getting played or Barclays is playing him because if no money was returned to me how can a dispute be open and if no dispute was opened, why was his money taken? The two pretty much go hand in hand.

I have no problem if I don't get business from people due to this as I like reading and contributing to the forum, I didn't sign up here to get tickets because I went to away games paying £100+ (in yesterday's case £250+) for three seasons now. Sure, it would be nice to get them for face value. I'll still be here, if not for tickets, to read the good stuff and have a laugh.

herbert

Post by herbert »

No one wants "kind gestures" people just want an easy transaction when selling tickets or buying tickets .

Your even taking the piss out of a respected seller on here for not knowing how to try and get his money back ( along with various threats in the nature of a) reporting me to the SRA (uneducated empty threat because he clearly doesn't know the procedure of how it works) b) contact authorities and debt collectors if I don't pay him again. )

You obviously know how iit works to try and get money back from a scammer but most of us on here have never had to and thats one of the reasons regulars sell on here ,99.9 per cent of the time it works perfectly

2 complaints over one pair of tickets is a new one to me :rubchin:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

herbert wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:20 pm
No one wants "kind gestures" people just want an easy transaction when selling tickets or buying tickets .

Your even taking the piss out of a respected seller on here for not knowing how to try and get his money back ( along with various threats in the nature of a) reporting me to the SRA (uneducated empty threat because he clearly doesn't know the procedure of how it works) b) contact authorities and debt collectors if I don't pay him again. )

You obviously know how iit works to try and get money back from a scammer but most of us on here have never had to and thats one of the reasons regulars sell on here ,99.9 per cent of the time it works perfectly

2 complaints over one pair of tickets is a new one to me :rubchin:
The kind gesture was given because I couldn’t get him the tickets and I let him down without the intention to do so... what’s your point?

It wasn’t taking the piss, it was you failing to read properly. Threatening to report someone to the SRA doesn’t work by calling up and coughing up a name in hopes of something I studied for 5 years and spent north of £50k to achieve gets taken away for £66. For you it was acceptable the usage of threats but not acceptable that I replied saying it doesn’t work like that. Gotcha. :?

By stating facts and knowing the law doesn’t make me knowledgeable about how to get money back but simply using common sense.

pepw

Post by pepw »

Shame it seems the mods don’t have the cojones to deal with Rian1.

I can’t be bothered to address Rian1’s continued, lengthy and shameless BS but if you honestly think Barclays Bank Fraud dept made this up and took my money for themselves or alternatively that as a seller on here for years who has sold multiple tickets to multiple buyers with no issues I am making the whole thing up then more fool you mods and anybody else who reads this.

pepw

Post by pepw »

Oh and unless Rian1 gave me a false name in my dealings with him then he is most certainly NOT on the roll of solicitors. Funny that eh?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

pepw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:16 pm

I can’t be bothered to address Rian1’s continued, lengthy and shameless BS but if you honestly think Barclays Bank Fraud dept made this up and took my money for themselves or alternatively that as a seller on here for years who has sold multiple tickets to multiple buyers with no issues I am making the whole thing up then more fool you mods and anybody else who reads this.
Mate it's not about having the cajones to deal with anything. At this point we are stuck in the middle of a game of he said she said. We have no proof that either of you is lying or telling the truth. It is literally your word against his. I have escalated this to the forum owner for their input and we'll let you know what action will be taken.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

Bloody hell. I am losing the will to live. Stepping in because requested to do so.

4 questions and then I can get to the bottom of this.

Can pepw provide any proof from his bank that it was the Rian1 transaction that caused his problem with his account.

And just to clarify, has anyone lost out financially here?

Did pepw actually receive the payment for his tickets in the end?

Or was the payment from Rian1 refunded to his account from pepw's?

Please PM me on these answers rather than post them on this thread.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

pepw wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Oh, funny how you came here with bold accusations and that pathetic attitude of 'trusted list seller so it goes my way' but once I replied back with facts on the table and wanting to provide evidence you are now not bothered to address the situation anymore but in turn blame the moderators for not taking actions and acting like a coward.

If Barclays reversed the money it would've gone back to my account, which is not the case. So practice what you preach and provide the moderator your bank statement showing the money has been reversed because I am ready to send my part of the evidence and have been ready since the day you came with this nonsense. I am still waiting on the alleged letter Barclays sent you to confirm money has gone back to my account by the way, take your time on that lad.

Shame since you are placing more efforts to find me in the 'roll' of solicitors than to actually reply to the post and provide what was asked. Now moving from "reporting" to the SRA to finding me via TLS, FML. As they say.. Nothing is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

jonsta1

Post by jonsta1 »

Request deleted by mod. Not enough posts to place requests on this forum. This is a service for long standing forum regulars. There is a 20 post minimum requirement for members to post ticket requests. Please read the forum rules.

pepw

Post by pepw »

gooner.ed wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:00 pm
Bloody hell. I am losing the will to live. Stepping in because requested to do so.

4 questions and then I can get to the bottom of this.

Can pepw provide any proof from his bank that it was the Rian1 transaction that caused his problem with his account.

And just to clarify, has anyone lost out financially here?

Did pepw actually receive the payment for his tickets in the end?

Or was the payment from Rian1 refunded to his account from pepw's?

Please PM me on these answers rather than post them on this thread.
Just seen this now and I have the information and evidence you require gooner.ed but my PM's have been disabled

Leedsgooner1

Post by Leedsgooner1 »

Unable to start a new post but my PM's are unavailable as well, any ideas why ?

Thanks

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Sorry guys PM should be back working now, no one had this feature switched off in person it was just disabled across the board in error. Are you able to PM now?