OLD ARSENAL SONGS

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

Post by REB »

charliegeorgewhocanhitem wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:Am happy that those two above examples from Reg remain in the past.
Different time, another planet I spose, just glad I had my my time and past during Reg's era. How fuckin shit would it be to only know the "Emirates Stadium" times??? The terraces, fashion and music in the 70s were all part of growing up, as I said, for better or for worse, they were different times but I don't regret any of it when anyone gets all snobby and self righteous about it and I'd rather have those times than now when you see so called Arseanl fans fucking off with 15 minutes to go so they can get home in time for the fucking x factor :roll:
well said chas, im glad to have had some great days and great atmospheres in thof,

ds

Post by ds »

QuartzGooner wrote:Am happy that those two above examples from Reg remain in the past.
Different time, another planet I spose, just glad I had my my time and past during Reg's era. How fuckin shit would it be to only know the "Emirates Stadium" times??? The terraces, fashion and music in the 70s were all part of growing up, as I said, for better or for worse, they were different times but I don't regret any of it when anyone gets all snobby and self righteous about it and I'd rather have those times than now when you see so called Arseanl fans fucking off with 15 minutes to go so they can get home in time for the fucking x factor :roll:
Charlie once again makes sense. Nothing that I would disagree with, maybe its my rose tinted glasses but fuck me they were some wonderful times. Full of passion and pride. Who cared if we won nothing, who cared if sometimes we played like shit. We loved The Arsenal. The days when you just turned up and met your mates, the players had pride in the badge, the days when you could meet a player in the local, corporate hospitality wtf was that, I could go on forever. And dont get me started on pc!!!

I'm not saying those who weren't there dont love it like we did. JCL is a mentality.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

:cry: born in 87 :cry:

ds

Post by ds »

xDAVEYx wrote::cry: born in 87 :cry:
Hi Davey

Lets hope the credit crunch affects the prawn sandwich brigade as much as it affects us. Will they still love Arsenal as much if they cant sit in there comfy seated, sterile environment? Will they come and slum it with the riff raff? Methinks not.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Different time, another planet I spose, just glad I had my my time and past during Reg's era. How fuckin shit would it be to only know the "Emirates Stadium" times???
not that bad...

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

ds wrote:
xDAVEYx wrote::cry: born in 87 :cry:
Hi Davey

Lets hope the credit crunch affects the prawn sandwich brigade as much as it affects us. Will they still love Arsenal as much if they cant sit in there comfy seated, sterile environment? Will they come and slum it with the riff raff? Methinks not.
Nope. It doesn't. Non-doms. bad luck.
Yes. In fact, we are still trying to get a regular ST.
Fuck off.

chunkyandy

Post by chunkyandy »

charley charley
charley charley
born is the king of highbury

and i used to love this echoing around highbury

la la la lalala lalala
Arsenal
la la la lalala lalala
Arsenal
(to hey jude...the geordies still use it)

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

Post by charliegeorgewhocanhitem »

SWLGooner wrote:
Different time, another planet I spose, just glad I had my my time and past during Reg's era. How fuckin shit would it be to only know the "Emirates Stadium" times???
not that bad...
Glad you're enjoying it mate

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

chunkyandy wrote:charley charley
charley charley

la la la lalala lalala
Arsenal
la la la lalala lalala
Arsenal
Used to love those meself, good call Andy

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

REBEL GOONER wrote:
well said chas, im glad to have had some great days and great atmospheres in thof,

Hopefully things will improve at the new place Reb but a lot of the passion seems to have gone, not just from us, it's a general thing I think and even the geordies seemed a wee bit subdued by their standards the other week. Maybe it's just my old age tho :?

REB

Post by REB »

feel your right chas, saying that i thought the atmosphere for the toon game wasnt so bad, and they defo seem to be a bit more noise from the gooners, maybe because more red members are now getting tickets and the jcls are been diluted a wee bit

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

chunkyandy wrote:charley charley
charley charley

la la la lalala lalala
Arsenal
la la la lalala lalala
Arsenal
Just catching up on this thread and was surprised none of the old farts had posted these before. :? :shock:

I was wondering if the Charlie song could be used for Nasri if he keeps going the way he started. I don't see why we can't use "Highbury", geographically it is where we are. 8)

chunkyandy

Post by chunkyandy »

another proper old farts song...

geordie, geordie armstrong
geordie armstrong on the wing

geordie, geordie armstrong
geordie armstrong on the wing

i am on a roll now lol

Alan Alan Alan Ball
Alan Ball Alan Ball
Alan Alan Alan Ball
Alan Alan Ball
OY
Last edited by chunkyandy on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

SWLGooner

Post by SWLGooner »

SWLGooner wrote:
not that bad...
Never went to Highbury, so, well, no comparison.
Watching Arsenal is just good enough, and, not knowing highbury, I can say there's no better stadium.. ..apart from singing.. :( :(

charliegeorgewhocanhitem

SWLGooner wrote:
SWLGooner wrote:
not that bad...
Never went to Highbury, so, well, no comparison.
Watching Arsenal is just good enough, and, not knowing highbury, I can say there's no better stadium.. ..apart from singing.. :( :(
I spose us old fuckers will always compare and those of us who had been going to Highbury since we were nippers will find the change hard. After the initial novelty of the new place quickly wore off I really hav'nt enjoyed it so far. Hopefully things will improve and people like yourself will only ever know Ashburton Grove anyway.