Register Here!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rob Admin
Site Admin

Register Here!

Post by Rob Admin »

I'd just like to register my disgust at losing to Hull.

It's all very well beating Blackburn and Bolton away but it means nothing losing to ***** like Fulham and Hull.

We have a long season ahead and be prepared for more shocking results. 4th place is gonna be a hard push.

Rob.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

When we all reflect in may at how we lost the title by only a few points then look no further than todays result.
Disgraceful.
No passion, no desire and more worryingly, no fucking ideas.
Lets all laugh at the spuds while we can, we're gonna have fuck all to smile about soon.

Disgust well and truly registered. :evil:

tinpot lane

Re: Register Here!

Post by tinpot lane »

robburne wrote:I'd just like to register my disgust at losing to Hull.

It's all very well beating Blackburn and Bolton away but it means nothing losing to ***** like Fulham and Hull.

We have a long season ahead and be prepared for more shocking results. 4th place is gonna be a hard push.

Rob.
In that case put your money where you mouth is, a bet? We will finish in the top 4?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Villa will be snapping at our heels for fourth.

RaM

Post by RaM »

Registering my disgust. :(

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

QuartzGooner wrote:Villa will be snapping at our heels for fourth.
Villa will finish 6th, you watch :lol: :wink:

Calo

Post by Calo »

Villa will be 4th

they have youth, experiance, squad has some new blood, competician for places in the right areas, a manager he doesnt play people out of position, players like flamini who was going to leave but stayed

they have built on from last season

we have improved the reserves but feked the 1st team

we havent played anyone decent yet.... the fixture list was on our side this year to help us build a lead and get confident

confidence must be low after that shokcer - well done hull

we might be fifth of sixth depending on what man city do

never mind we cant influence it so i accpet it and still cheer on muppets in red and white no matter what

we cant shoot, we can't take corners, we cant defend corner, we dodgy at free kicks defending them, but on the plus

we play beautiful football, and have the best reserves in the universe
Last edited by Calo on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I voted on here before the season that this would be the year we finished outside the top 4.

We have lost 2 out of 6 and played no one yet. Looking at our latest accounts Wenger will only have himself to blame when it finally happens. Its getting like the end of the George Graham era when he stubbornly refused to sign anyone, blurting out the usual "no one available at the right price" "no better than what I already have" blah blah blah. In GG's last year we finished mid table, playing average midfielders and over relying on the front men. De ja vue anyone ?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

No. I too am utterly shocked. And seriously pissed off. Disgust registered. Performance was total *****.

BUT, there is no team at the moment (and let's hope it stays that way after Jan) good enough or lucky enough to get a top four place ahead of us.

Keep the faith.

gas_face_gooner

Post by gas_face_gooner »

disgust registered this was total *****!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I too wish to register my utter fucking disgust at our performance. If I see one more short fucking corner I'm gonna implode!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

DB10GOONER wrote:I too wish to register my utter fucking disgust at our performance. If I see one more short fucking corner I'm gonna implode!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Its happening every game now.WE are shit at taking our own corners and cant defend ones from the opposition.
Forget all the one touch passing in training spend the next week practicing taking and defending corners :banghead: :banghead:

stats

Post by stats »

DB10GOONER wrote:I too wish to register my utter fucking disgust at our performance. If I see one more short fucking corner I'm gonna implode!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
We can't score from a corner simple as, not have been able to for years and what makes it worse is that with Ade and Nic being over 6 foot tall there too fucking lazy to jump for it.

I hate seeing us lose and yesterday was a kick in the bollocks to me but i hope it sends a message to the team to be able to kill games off and even learn to be abit more greedy at times with the ball and shoot outside the box as we do have players that can shoot (remember Spurs away last season in the league). I love playing the way we do but if we're paying X ammount of money per week just to be let down and nothing coming out of the it at the end of the season then something needs to be done.

There was no hunger in the team like the 16 year olds the other night, i bet if Ade and co was playing the other night that the game would of only finished 2-0 to us.

I have to give Hull there due they played out there skins yesterday and even i did have to clap them off the pitch, i like to see the underdogs win but sadly i saw them win against the wrong bloody team lol

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I honestly think AW needs to promote Steve Bould to defensive coach and add Martin Keown too. Let them take the defense and teach the idiots how to defend a corner.

stats

Post by stats »

I don't know why Keown wasn't given the job after the CL final, he sorted the back line very well and though we did have trouble with the leftbacks that season we still managered to beat the records etc