van the missing man

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
greengooner

van the missing man

Post by greengooner »

what the f**k is the problem with van persie
where has all the potential gone
free kicks....shit
corners.....shit
missing sitters
jesus h christ, barndoor and himself are going to be the death of me!
all the beautiful approach play in the world is worth fuck all if you cant put the ball in the net!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Again - in complete agreement.

He is rapidly becoming a latter day Charlie Nicholas.....one performance in every ten. Hasn't even got the 80s mullet to fall back on !

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

i think these injuries have took a bit of the potential he had :( he's scared to take his man on and challenge in tackles cos he knows he's probably gonna hurt himself

digger

Post by digger »

I think the opposition always has him worked out. Easiest way to stop van Persie - make him use his right foot and don't give him space to pick out passes or line up shots.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

his right foot is absolutely pathetic,i'd go as far to say my right is better then his

his left WAS so good that he probably didnt feel the need to develop his right when he was younger

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

digger wrote:I think the opposition always has him worked out. Easiest way to stop van Persie - make him use his right foot and don't give him space to pick out passes or line up shots.
He has scored some right crackers with his right foot though

digger

Post by digger »

tinpot lane wrote:He has scored some right crackers with his right foot though
Can't think of many - the one at Charlton was on his right, but it still came off his shin. I meant in open play though - he'll never hit an accurate defence splitting pass with his right, he'll rarely shoot, all he seems to do is lay it off or keep turning to try to get the ball onto his left.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

RvP will come good... but he's a fair weather player, who disappears on nights like tonight... when we needed him most, he was nowhere to be see, just like Denilson, Adebayor, and Gallas. :roll:

No doubt RvP will bag a brace up at Sunderland and we'll romp home 3 or 4-0.... but whats the point??? you don't get to pick and choose when you want to perform... if you want to win the league you have to show the same desire week in, week out! we didn't show anything today and we deserved everything we got. F*ck all! :evil:

wlchuccc

Post by wlchuccc »

We need a consistent striker...we don't need someone to score 3 goals in a game then disappear in the next game...That's why E9 is very important to us...Besides, we dropped a lot of points last season after Feb. Basically, I think it's partly because of the Birmingham game. But the other reason is that RVP was recovered from his injuries since Feb, and then he played shit most of the time...

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I said at start of season that I think this is RVP's last season at Arsenal (and **** has said he thinks that too).

He is a brilliant technical player, a brilliant individual player, bit like Hleb in that respect.

Scores truly great goals.

Excellent at shooting with no backlift and from tight angles, tricks he got from his street/cage football days.

Yet he has never really fitted in to the team.

He has never been able to form a partnership with anyone.

Might be better suited to Spanish football.

wlchuccc

Post by wlchuccc »

QuartzGooner wrote:I said at start of season that I think this is RVP's last season at Arsenal (and **** has said he thinks that too).

He is a brilliant technical player, a brilliant individual player, bit like Hleb in that respect.

Excellent at shooting with no backlift and from tight angles, tricks he got from his street/cage football days.

Totally agree with you!
Last edited by wlchuccc on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

QuartzGooner wrote:I said at start of season that I think this is RVP's last season at Arsenal (and **** has said he thinks that too).

i think he will be at one of the milan clubs in a year or two,i just cant see him doing it week in week out for us

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

He will score atleast 20 goals this season imo :suffolk_chunky:

Justin-the-Gooner

Post by Justin-the-Gooner »

lets hop he gets his act together because I know someone wit a great left boot. A certain mr Vela

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

tinpot lane wrote:He will score atleast 20 goals this season imo :suffolk_chunky:
I think he probably will. But, if - as I suspect - he scores a brace at Sunderland next week, it begs the question.... where was he today?

too many fair weather players at Arsenal at the moment. I guess consistency comes with age, but at 25, RvP should be one of those players taking this team by the scruff of the neck... and quite honestly, I've been massively underwhelmed by his efforts so far this season.