Lukasz Fabianski move to Arsenal Completed

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
stearmaster

Lukasz Fabianski move to Arsenal Completed

Post by stearmaster »

Poland goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has joined Arsenal from Legia Warsaw, the club has confirmed.
The 22-year-old has signed for an undisclosed fee on a "long-term" deal.

Fabianski has made four appearances for his country and was voted the Polish league's best goalkeeper for the previous two seasons after.

The understudy to Celtic's Artur Boruc in the Poland national team will join Jens Lehmann and Manuel Almunia in Arsenal's keeper ranks.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger told the club's official website: "We are pleased to have signed Lukasz Fabianski.

"He is a very good young goalkeeper who will provide good support to our squad.

"He has performed consistently well for Legia Warsaw in recent seasons and was rightfully rewarded with a place in the Polish World Cup squad.

"Lukasz will be a big asset to our squad and we are looking forward to him joining us for pre-season."

Squad selector: Would you put Fabianski in your starting XI?
"I am delighted to be joining Arsenal. They are a great club with many world-class players and I am really looking forward to meeting my new team-mates," said Fabianski.

"Arsenal is one of the biggest and best clubs in Europe and I hope that I can help the team win trophies in the future."