THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by markyp »

nut flush gooner wrote:
markyp wrote:the fact that wenker has now turned on those at the emirates who are or have been 75% his supporters all along goes to show how out of touch he really is with how unpopular he is,i mean outside the emirates its a 75% WOB situation,i cant wait till the Norwich game,i hope he gets all the abuse he deserves,come on everybody lets flush this stinking turd out :barscarf:
Thats utter bollocks. If you take out the corporates who imo don't count as true Arsenal fans out of the remaining fans more than 70% want wenger out. All my mates who have season tickets are sick to the back teeth of Wenger and want him to go.

When Joel Campbell was substituted the other month to boo's from round the ground the fans sang "you dont know what you're doing". Who do you think they where directing this song at ffs!
cant agree im afraid,if that many inside the emirates wanted him gone the atmosphere would be so hostile that it would be impossible to carry on,the odd tutt or rant of 'you don't know what youre doing 'doesn't mean the emirates crowd want him gone,those tossers will tolerate anything from him,showing mild displeasure once in a while is par for the course at any football ground,hopefully now the tide will trun and it will be at least 50% WOB inside the ground

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Adrian Durham, like him or loathe him, is steaming into Wenger and what he said about the fans as we speak

Clash

Re: THE *word censored* THREAD

Post by Clash »

What a fucking coward Wenger is. This is him at his most despicable.

Never ever says a word about how grateful he to Arsenal for giving him another chance in the game after he fucked off to Japan. Never thanks the Arsenal fans for welcoming him to our club. Never acknowledges the work of his predecessors.

Along with a severe lack of ambition all you get from Wenger are excuses, contradictions, meaningless and inaccurate statistics as well as downright fucking lies.

Arsene Wenger is the worst thing that ever happened to Arsenal Football Club

Sean

Post by Sean »

I hope the crowd in Cashburton do turn on him en masse, as it's the most effective way we can force him out. Open dissent in the stadium he 'built with his bare hands' should be very effective in showing the world that he is not wanted here anymore.

TOF did say something interesting in the press conference; that he'd be happy to see Arsenal win titles and CL's after he's gone. I'm not sure that flies with the puppet-successor theory and TOF's epic hubris and ego. It also vaguely implies that he realizes that he is the reason that we are not competing with those top honours.

As was said, the austerity excuses was a myth. He'll cling to that one still, to justify his tightwad outlook and failed youth policy.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Adrian Durham, like him or loathe him, is steaming into Wenger and what he said about the fans as we speak
AD has been steaming into Wenger for about 5 years now.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Adrian Durham, like him or loathe him, is steaming into Wenger and what he said about the fans as we speak
its on every papers website. we are trending # on google news.

Piers Morgan has called his comments bullshit on Twitter.

one rule of being famous - never criticize your fans. the deluded one has forgotten that.

a lot of people still don't have the internet, imagine their faces tomorrow when they see the backpages of the Sun, Star, Express, MIrror etc and Wengers accusation is their in big print.

btw - nice article by Neil Ashton of the Sun - quite rightly pointing out that Wenger ruins English talent :

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... -warp.html
More than a decade has passed since Wenger bought into his own hype, with the country brain-washed into believing he possessed supernatural powers when it came to star spotting.

It added to Wenger’s allure and he used it to his advantage when he secured some of the best young players for the Gunners.

Beyond the Invincibles, his record has not been good and the Chambers Project is in danger of being abandoned.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Apparently the club have been sending emails out to fans with tickets advising them extra security measures will be in place and to arrive earlier than normal. No doubt to try and search for the time for change cards!

I suspect the PR at Arsenal were takennaback by Wengers wording, they obviously want as little bad press as poss. Hide the cards down ya boxers! :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Kvltman wrote: I suspect the PR at Arsenal were takennaback by Wengers wording, they obviously want as little bad press as poss.
so much so that pravda edited it out :

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... rustration

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

xisstential wrote:
Supagoon wrote:Image

nabbed from redcafe :-P
What makes it even more sad is that IT ISN'T EVEN TRUE!!
This is very funny. Can't stop laughing at the stupidity of it. :coffeespit:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Kvltman wrote:Apparently the club have been sending emails out to fans with tickets advising them extra security measures will be in place and to arrive earlier than normal. No doubt to try and search for the time for change cards!

I suspect the PR at Arsenal were takennaback by Wengers wording, they obviously want as little bad press as poss. Hide the cards down ya boxers! :lol:
Security and suggested arrival time has been stepped up since the Paris attacks, from Holloway Rd side you get patted down and any bags searched once at foot of the steps and again on the turnstyles. Most probably stewards will be on alert for banners and expect a more thorough rummage around in bags.

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

An almost unimprovable opening sentence to an 'article' on a blog called Arsereview entitled 'Why I still support Arsene Wenger as Arsenal manager.'
I think this sentence should be etched in stone somewhere next to a statue of Theo Walcott celebrating in the Newcastle dressing room when we came 4th a few years back.

"Amidst all the nonsense cliches which are peddled about football, by far the single biggest myth is that the league table ‘never lies’. I’m more confident than ever that the League table is a terrible way of accurately ranking the genuine quality of teams."

This is not - repeat NOT - a parody.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

wow, 38 games is not enough to judge - well howabout the last 5 seasons - 190, that enough ? - still 4th.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

finishing fourth was excusable for a couple of years, any of us, city, chelsea or united can tolerate on season of fourth. we've had many over the last ten years, what makes it worse it that is the limit of wenger's ambition.

hope to see wenger given a torrid time on saturday for the fucking disrespect he has shown the fans and club over the last couple of years, particularly the numerous snide comments this season, hope to see him acting like the petulant child he usually does so the media can really get into him. :twisted:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

He really has become a parody of himself, 12 years ago you could have argued quite reasonably he was in the top 10 club managers in the world, nowadays you could probably argue a case that he is struggling to be in the top 10 in PL considering the resources he has at Arsenal.

Trying to be rational and reasonable towards the man but i am finding it difficult to outweigh the 8 early years of success we had under him to the last 12 years of disappointment.

I am absolutely furious at what he has stated today about the fans being responsible and i hope he gets exactly what he deserves on Sunday, there is no excuse for his behaviour recently and he needs to accept responsibility for his actions and not blame the fans.