300!!!! Back of the net...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

well done tony 300+ :D

i will be left behind this weekend tho because im going camping in an hour, im going silverstone for the british grad prix :D 8) just incase anyone wanted to know :D

see you all monday night or should i say speak to you all monday night

hopefully by the time i get back Arsenal would of made a signing or two :D Tevez would be a nice present to come home to Arsenal :wink:

maybe we should have a whip round to hep them out :lol: anyone on here a billionaire by any chance :?:

T.S

Post by T.S »

Thanks man. Have a good one. Don't worry about getting left behind, I don't think anyone posts on here over the weekend, really. I guess we've got to pretend we have lives some of the time!

I second your comments on the new signing front. Can't see it happening though. Here's hoping.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

Fuck me, this server really is slow!!
Last edited by Eboue Can't Defend on Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Well done mate.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

tonysaunders wrote:Certainly looks that way.

Where has my arch nemesis IHH gone?!
As if you needed to ask!!! :roll: :roll: :x

May I refer you to the Arsenal in Malaysia thread. :( I hope you feel proud of yourself Tony Saunders!! :evil: :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

donaldo wrote:Well done DB Gooner and TS I"ve just pass the double ton.Looks like All_Arsenal_1886 will outstrip us all.Over 100 in a week.Well Done that man.
Congrats to you both. Top work. 8)

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

DB10

Congratulations on making your 300 club , Well 300 + club !! Whats the story with you and Chippy ? I looked for it on here and couldnt find it.

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Race you to 1,000,000! :p

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Chunky The Gooner wrote:DB10

Congratulations on making your 300 club , Well 300 + club !! Whats the story with you and Chippy ? I looked for it on here and couldnt find it.
Ah me and Chippy...

A cautionary tale about the perils of meeting your heroes. There's a f*cking movie in it I tells ya!! :wink:

I found the original and lazy sod that I am I copied and pasted it here;

"Liam Brady. A legend as a player but unfortunately he never went on to become a great (or even half decent) manager.

Also, as far as personalities goes, I worshipped Chippy when I was a kid living in Australia, he was a God in my eyes; an Irishman that was the best player at Arsenal, the club I loved (and still love) and deffo in the top three of great players from his generation.

And then, when we moved back to Ireland, I was playing for our local club and one year our president managed to wrangle Irish Internationals Chippy, Frank Stapleton, David O'Leary and Tony Grealish to attend our trophy night and present the awards and trophies etc.

I was over the moon!

And then I actually met the cranky, rude, ignorant little bollix that is Liam Brady and my dream was farcking shattered. He scowled the whole time he was there, spoke to no one, presented only one award, didn't pose for any photos, refused to sign autographs and then went and sat in the car while O'Leary, Stapo and Grealish posed for photos, signed autographs and chatted away to all the kids gathered there that night. True gents (even the now mouthy O'Leary) and legends for that night alone.

I was devestated by Chippy's behaviour, to say the least.

So, since then I've had a very strange, mixed opinion of Chippy; I still worship him as a legendery Gunner, but I despise him as the person I met ("encountered" might be a better word ) that night.

A sad but true tale..."

That's the tale. Liam knows he did wrong. I hope he hasn't had a full nights sleep since. The crunt. :wink: :wink: :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

can understand now why u feel that waydb1o; met him twice and he was agent 2 me..remember meetin stapleton after cov city away in 1980 and he refused me an autograph,, never kiked him after that,, guess players are moody when it suits them,, wouldnt kill them 2 be nice 2 kids r else when kids grow up we slag them on forums

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

rebel gooner

Think you're right..moody when they want to be...or maybe just having a bad time of it.

And your picture is 8) top two along with kolo.

REB

Post by REB »

cheers galaso,i was 12 and at my first away match when stapo blanked me. at the time couldnt understand it,, guess even then players didnt hav much time 4 fans,, love the kolo pic,,wat hair

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Galasso wrote:rebel gooner

Think you're right..moody when they want to be...or maybe just having a bad time of it.
Oh I fully accept that players are human like the rest of us. But they do an extraordinary job, and get paid a lot of money to do that job. So I feel that they have a duty to at least be civil to the people that support them.

I also feel they have a duty to be accomodating to a certain extent. Especially at an official function like a trophy night for kids. Sure, if said player is doing his shopping or enjoying a family meal and some nuisance comes over demanding a photo or whatever the player is well within his rights to say f*ck off. But they should make an effort for the kids. In fairness I think most of them do.

Chippy is still a crunt in my book. A legendary Gunner, but still a crunt as a person.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

rebel gooner

Yep, I think dealing with fans for players is like an office worker having to stay late after work to listen to their Boss for two hours explaining the years financial results.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Galasso wrote:rebel gooner

Oh I fully accept that players are human like the rest of us. But they do an extraordinary job, and get paid a lot of money to do that job. So I feel that they have a duty to at least be civil to the people that support them.

I also feel they have a duty to be accomodating to a certain extent. Especially at an official function like a trophy night for kids. Sure, if said player is doing his shopping or enjoying a family meal and some nuisance comes over demanding a photo or whatever the player is well within his rights to say f*ck off. But they should make an effort for the kids. In fairness I think most of them do.

Chippy is still a crunt in my book. A legendary Gunner, but still a crunt as a person.
Good point - civility and manners don't cost anything, especially if you are at a planned event. Would be interesting to hear other peoples experiences of meeting players....