The ''no one is coming'' Transfer Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Re: Is it time for a Summer Transfer Window Thread Yet?

Post by officepest »

BFG4 wrote:What's Kalou up to these days? If we sign him, it would end the longest running transfer saga :barscarf:
PM Ike. :lol:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

DB10GOONER wrote:Will people please stop mentioning Johnny fucking Evans? It's really starting to upset me. :? :banghead:
What goes on in boarding school stays in boarding school. :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If it wasn't for Granit Xhaka's missus posting pictures of him in an Arsenal kit on snapchat I bet that deal still wouldn't be gone through by now :roll:
Last edited by rodders999 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Double

:banghead:
Last edited by rodders999 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Treble

Last edited by rodders999 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

GranadaJoe wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
augie wrote:I have never really trusted henry but his latest backtrack smacks of cowardice - last season he questioned girouds ability at this level and suggested that we need a better striker, and of course that led to a bitter backlash from le coq :roll: Now he is being interviewed on sky saying that we don't need a new striker - when you consider that a few months after he slated giroud last season, the lamppost went on a 20 game no goals streak, how can he now be considered to be a better player than before henry questioned him ?
Another former player turned cowardly pundit :roll: :oops: :evil: :evil:
Listening to his interview yesterday, he really is the king of generalised criticisms. He goes on about lack of signings, but never names the guy who makes fuck all signings. He shouldn't be a pundit, if he cant call Wenger out, even on the most basic things.
There's video footage of TH14 at the Euros laughing at Giroud's lack of pace as he waddled after a through ball.

Sky's decision to hire him could only have been based on his name, because he's a shit commentator.

Loved the fella as player.......... but as a commentator does not come over as genuine

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:Treble

Spa. :lol: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
enjibenji wrote:people talk about the English players being over hyped and over priced, but 87.5 million for paul pogba is fucking laughable. He has proved nothing and has the first touch of a certain person I've read about on here at a supporters game :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll need to narrow that down - could be Fwank, augie, Lefty, Gus/Percy, Spuddy.... :oops:

First touch ? Fwank ? He only had the one touch in the two minutes he was on the pitch, and after that he was back in his velvet tracksuit claiming to be injured :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Treble

Spa. :lol: :wink:
Agreed :lol:

Itchy trigger finger......and that was with my good hand too :wink:

silus

Post by silus »

I've just got in from work, put ssn on and am a little confused....I see that City, Utd, West Ham, Swansea and Everton have all bought players.
I was under the impression that you could only strengthen your squad on the last day of the transfer window...after your season is already well and truly fucked :rubchin:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
enjibenji wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
You'll need to narrow that down - could be Fwank, augie, Lefty, Gus/Percy, Spuddy.... :oops:
with the personal abuse thread still at large, ill leave it as an open topic :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pogba is class, he never stops running and I expect him to do well in the prem. He was Juve's best player in the CL final a few years back. The money is silly granted but it sends out a message of intent. Arsenal on the other hand don't seem to show any intent either in the close season or during the season these days.

As I type this City have just signed Stones for 47.5 mill. Other teams strengthen while we dither
You mean you don't think Wenger and the board are showing intent? Even with us in for Jonny 'Maldini' Evans? :wink:
Will people please stop mentioning Johnny fucking Evans? It's really starting to upset me. :? :banghead:
Gazidis told us a couple years back they'd be making signings that would 'excite' the fans - he wasn't fucking joking :banghead:

cdparky

Post by cdparky »

silus wrote:I've just got in from work, put ssn on and am a little confused....I see that City, Utd, West Ham, Swansea and Everton have all bought players.
I was under the impression that you could only strengthen your squad on the last day of the transfer window...after your season is already well and truly fucked :rubchin:
How have any of those clubs signed anyone without Champions League football to offer? Isn't that supposed to be impossible?

Daycat

Post by Daycat »

Everton have agreed a deal with Palace to sign Bolasie for 30mil yet we still do sweet fa

markyp

Post by markyp »

please guys can we stop slagging off Henry,what do you expect him to say?? that Wenger needs to go ?? hes stuck in the middle here,the only way out is to not be a pundit and that clearly wont happen as he enjoys doing it,direct the hate towards Wenger as this Henry bashing is just pathetic

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Everton with all that John Stones cash are acting like the chavs down the road that won the lottery that time and spunked it all away on worthless shite.

Bolasie for 30 million? Christ on a fucking bike!

Williams is a decent signing but we still get to have the last laugh......he has no resale value people, Arsene wins again!!! :wink: