THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Sean »

It seems that TOF will never run out of luck :banghead:
Bradywasking wrote:Watching the game on Saturday made me realise again what a crime is was/is that Arsenal made no attempt to get Pep.. If Wenger cares about Arsenal then he should have realised an opportunity and said "I'm finished in May" paving the way for a manager I believe was born to manage our club.. Pep has his critics and one point was always that he walked into ready made teams.Well on Saturday he was passionate but his head was ruling his heart and his joy was evenly matched by his frustration when City lost possession carelessly.. He is a winner and I wonder if he could have been ours....
Agreed. TOF became a poor man's Pep and will never change back to his winning style. We'd have been much better off with the real thing. Pep outstripped TOF's 'achievements' in Europe alone in his first season as Barcelona manager. He believes in possession with purpose, unlike TOF's stale sideways football. His trophy count alone makes him better than what we have. It'll be sad to see Pep win it all with Citeh while we're stick with this ball and chain fraud.
postmanPat91 wrote:A bit surprised Wenger has never toyed with a 3-5-2 to be honest. He doesn't give a fuck about our fullbacks bombing forward anyway so play 3 at the back, pack the midfield with tippy-tappers galore, and Lucas 'Raúl' Perez up top with the ear-cupper. Simples :barscarf:
Didn't we play 3-5-2 under Rioch and for a time under TOF?

I agree that this formation should suit us better, packing the midfield, as TOF likes, but with an extra striker and defender. Sounds too good for TOF to even consider :roll:

------------------------ Cech
-------- Holding - Mustafi - Koscielny
Bellerin ------------------------------- Monreal
--------------- Cazorla - Xhaka
------------------------ Ozil
----------------- Perez - Giroud

Rush

Post by Rush »

Sean wrote:
Isnt that more like packing the defence than mid?
Looks more like 532

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Rush wrote:
Sean wrote:
Looks more like 532
Hey don't knock any formation that doesn't include Wally and Ramsey !
( Personally would put ALEXIS up top with Ollie, as his quick brain and good feet would snap up chances) Perez can sub on for either forward at 70 mins.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Sean wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:A bit surprised Wenger has never toyed with a 3-5-2 to be honest. He doesn't give a fuck about our fullbacks bombing forward anyway so play 3 at the back, pack the midfield with tippy-tappers galore, and Lucas 'Raúl' Perez up top with the ear-cupper. Simples :barscarf:

I agree that this formation should suit us better, packing the midfield, as TOF likes, but with an extra striker and defender. Sounds too good for TOF to even consider :roll:

Rush wrote:
Sean wrote:
Looks more like 532
I had in my mind something along the lines of this:

--------------------------Cech

-----------Bellerin----Kosc----Mustafi

----------------------Xhaka/Cock
Ox/Wally------------------------------------Sanchez
--------------Ozil------------Ramsay/Caz

-------------------Perez-----Ear-Cupper

Although this would require some actual defensive discipline - which would never exist in a Wenger team - and would stop Wally from 'expressing himself' :roll: . Also think we'd miss Cock - although if recent Twitter pics are anything to go by, The Ox has that covered :wink: Either way, it can't be any worse than the dogshite served up so far this season.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Rush wrote:Isnt that more like packing the defence than mid?
Looks more like 532
Sorry. I was thinking more along the lines of being defensive. Plus playing players in position, which TOF doesn't seem to like doing. Although...
StuartL wrote:Hey don't knock any formation that doesn't include Wally and Ramsey !
( Personally would put ALEXIS up top with Ollie, as his quick brain and good feet would snap up chances) Perez can sub on for either forward at 70 mins.
I must need my head read for forgetting to put Sanchez in there :banghead:
postmanPat91 wrote:Although this would require some actual defensive discipline - which would never exist in a Wenger team - and would stop Wally from 'expressing himself' :roll: . Also think we'd miss Cock - although if recent Twitter pics are anything to go by, The Ox has that covered :wink: Either way, it can't be any worse than the dogshite served up so far this season.
You said it yourself. No defensive discipline :lol: :banghead:

The way I seen it, our full/wing-backs don't really play there, especially Bellerin, so I thought why not use them for width, with my being more defensive minded for the away Euro tie tonight. So in my formation, put Sanchez in for Perez up front, or push the wing backs forward even more and have Sanchez in for Monreal. Although this would waste him in the 'Podolski role' and require him to track back, when he should be attacking into the box.

All wishful thinking of course. TOF doesn't do tactics :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

postmanPat91 wrote:
Sean wrote:

Rush wrote:
Sean wrote:
Looks more like 532
I had in my mind something along the lines of this:

--------------------------Cech

-----------Bellerin----Kosc----Mustafi

----------------------Xhaka/Cock
Ox/Wally------------------------------------Sanchez
--------------Ozil------------Ramsay/Caz

-------------------Perez-----Ear-Cupper

Although this would require some actual defensive discipline - which would never exist in a Wenger team - and would stop Wally from 'expressing himself' :roll: . Also think we'd miss Cock - although if recent Twitter pics are anything to go by, The Ox has that covered :wink: Either way, it can't be any worse than the dogshite served up so far this season.

Where has the left back gone?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dear Mr Wenger,

please,Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! FUCK OFF ! :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Sean wrote:Image
:D :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Really enjoying the bullshit stories being drip fed to the media by Ivan over the last few days saying that Barca, Bayern and PSG have all inquired about Wanka in recent seasons.

Like fuck they have!

PSG gave Blanc the bullet at the end of last season despite him wrapping up the league title in March! Their owners have an eye on the big prizes and want to get their hands on the champions league. Owners with ambition....imagine fucking that!

So we are led to believe that PSG, obsessed with winning the CL, looked around for the best man to win it...and ended up at the door of the competition's biggest loser Arsewipe Wanka?!!

Top fucking banter that from Ivan :lol:

This is all been done to pave the way for the contract extension so the plebs will be grateful when it happens coz they believe Wenger is wanted by all the big guns.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Wenger: 'Love' of Arsenal saw boss reject Paris St-Germain

Comical, isn't it? :lol:

It's only been about 12 years since any big-hitter club supposedly had interest in The Old Fraud :mrgreen:

He knows he wouldn't have a tenth of the power - and the freedom to fuck up season after season - at ANY other club.

260 days until contract renewal :barscarf:

:suicide:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Wenger was courted by Real, Barcelona and Bayern. But this was ages ago. Im talking 10 years ago.

Like a bottle of milk. On issue date - fresh and desired by consumers will will pay for it. But as time passes and the milk goes past its expiry, you wouldnt let a feral cat drink it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:Really enjoying the bullshit stories being drip fed to the media by Ivan over the last few days saying that Barca, Bayern and PSG have all inquired about Wanka in recent seasons.

Like fuck they have!

PSG gave Blanc the bullet at the end of last season despite him wrapping up the league title in March! Their owners have an eye on the big prizes and want to get their hands on the champions league. Owners with ambition....imagine fucking that!

So we are led to believe that PSG, obsessed with winning the CL, looked around for the best man to win it...and ended up at the door of the competition's biggest loser Arsewipe Wanka?!!

Top fucking banter that from Ivan :lol:

This is all been done to pave the way for the contract extension so the plebs will be grateful when it happens coz they believe Wenger is wanted by all the big guns.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.
I'd love to see Ivan's definition of the word "recent". :lol: Ivan playing mind games with the AKB sheep again. And the AKB sheep will be so grateful that Wenger turned down Barca and Real and Bayern and PSG and the French job.... not one of them will question when he turned down those jobs because they would not like the answer of "about a decade ago". :roll: :oops:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ons-league

So what he is saying is there are no excuses for failure any more? :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sean wrote:Image
:D :barscarf:
Quality! :high5: :lol: