Arsenal Away Ticket Availability

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
navangooner

Re: Arsenal Away Ticket Availability

Post by navangooner »

A lot of Utd fans don't like their system either. Every game is a ballot so its impossible to book travel well in advance and loyal fans who want to go to all away games can't.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Tommy_Goon wrote:The below are the rules that Man Utd have implemented this season for their away tickets.

• If an away match ticket is transferred or found in the possession of another supporter, the Club will discontinue your ability to apply for away games. If a ticket is resold to another supporter your facilities will be cancelled without refund, and you will be banned from buying tickets and attending matches for a period of three years.
• Please remember that Away match tickets are non-transferable (passing to friends or family at face value, or free of charge is not permitted). All tickets ticket must be used by the registered holder. If you apply for an away game and unable to attend, please contact us to cancel and receive a refund for your match ticket, at least 24 hours before the game is due to be played.
• We will conduct match ticket validations at selected away grounds. Any supporter required to collect their match ticket, must collect in person at the nominated stadium, with photographic identification. Please do not apply for a game unless you are able to collect your ticket.
• Any supporters who cancel a ticket once they have been asked to collect will be required to collect their ticket for every subsequent game where they are successful in a ballot.
• Any supporters who are asked to collect, do not cancel, and then do not collect, will lose their right to apply for domestic away games for a minimum of 12 months.

Quite interesting, some harsh penalties for not going to the game but buying a ticket.
That's taking it too far in my opinion. So my mate buys two season tickets which I use and pay him on a match by match basis, he gives me access to his membership online so if I need/try to buy away tickets that works too. I have no problems disclosing who I am to Arsenal, I am a bond holder anyway who has been supporting the club every season for over 30 years, some years with my own season ticket others using or being offered mates tickets, it works.

Having a fucked up system like this would mean I either have to buy a second bond to purchase a second season ticket myself (it's pretty shitty going to matches on your own), or not bother with away games.

I go back to my earlier comments about the provincial fan clubs, which in my opinion are getting far too big a slice of the allocations for away tickets, this is to the detriment of gold members. I met a few from Manchester over the last year, who are keen to buy my spares for which I have no problem and it's great to meet new Gooners who are by and large sound people, even if it takes some getting used to having Mancunians supporting Arsenal. I mean how can we beat manure with the old local support stick anymore :D :D

Anyway the current process for away European tickets is fine by me, hopefully it will mean that those gold members that are happy to go through the pain barrier with the onerous ticketing requirements, will get tickets they deserve .

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

UK based suupporters clubs shouldn't get any for away games and only one pair of tickets per club for a home game.Why does joining a club mean you are more deserving of a ticket than anybody else?

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:UK based suupporters clubs shouldn't get any for away games and only one pair of tickets per club for a home game.Why does joining a club mean you are more deserving of a ticket than anybody else?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fucking hell that policy is straight out of the Third Reich!

Good that they are trying to stop credit farming but imo that is too much. Not that I can suggest a happy medium mind - difficult problem to address.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Fucking hell that policy is straight out of the Third Reich!

Good that they are trying to stop credit farming but imo that is too much. Not that I can suggest a happy medium mind - difficult problem to address.