Swansea City (H) | PL | Sat 15 Oct 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Swansea City (H) | PL | Sat 15 Oct 15:00

Post by Clash »

Didnt even bother checking the scores until after 5.00 but this run of wins and that fucking turd Walcott scoring a few goals leaves me completely cold. I cant stand that little prick! After jumping out of that tackle at Sunderland Walcott should never have been allowed to play for the club again ... but then if there was any sort of standards at the club, he would have been out years before that game anyway.

But I expect Walcott will get injured at some point and the cry will be: ''theo was on fire ... if he'd stayed fit we'd have won the league'' :roll:

Wenger going remains the only thing I care about but I fear he is going nowhere.

markyp

Post by markyp »

not getting the Theo hating tonight,yes ok two tap ins and missed a sitter but he was in the right position to score those goals,had that been a 'fox in the box 'with those goals we'd be wanking over it and saying how only a natural striker would have gotten into the postion to be gifted those goals in the same way the French lamp post is often in the wrong position to score.Give Theo some credit tonight,we won,he bagged another brace,a bang average performance by the rest of the team but take Theo away and we could have lost.im not trying to big him up either,just give him some credit,even Aguero doesn't score everytime he shoots

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

I'm still yet to see the game, I left after 10 minutes (sickness bug)
It was getting to risky and would of been embarrassing puking on everyone around me.
And trust me that was the longest train journey home ever, it was only to Newbury Park!
But when you feel like you are going to be sick every other minute it's best to keep getting off the trains. :( :banghead:

Oh well at least we won! :barscarf:
Last edited by Lost_Gooner on Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Clash wrote:Didnt even bother checking the scores until after 5.00 but this run of wins and that fucking turd Walcott scoring a few goals leaves me completely cold. I cant stand that little prick! After jumping out of that tackle at Sunderland Walcott should never have been allowed to play for the club again ... but then if there was any sort of standards at the club, he would have been out years before that game anyway.

But I expect Walcott will get injured at some point and the cry will be: ''theo was on fire ... if he'd stayed fit we'd have won the league'' :roll:

Wenger going remains the only thing I care about but I fear he is going nowhere.

Count to ten and take a deep breath....Wenger is going nowhere soon and I refuse to let that fact ruin my realationship with my club, I still check the scores and I'm still delighted when we win because whatever I choose to do will have absolutely no bearing on what the club decide to do so why the f**k should I deprive myself of a bit of happiness?. He'll go when he goes, nobody lasts for ever so just hang on for the ride, your bad vibes are trying to bring me down man. :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:not getting the Theo hating tonight,yes ok two tap ins and missed a sitter but he was in the right position to score those goals,had that been a 'fox in the box 'with those goals we'd be wanking over it and saying how only a natural striker would have gotten into the postion to be gifted those goals in the same way the French lamp post is often in the wrong position to score.Give Theo some credit tonight,we won,he bagged another brace,a bang average performance by the rest of the team but take Theo away and we could have lost.im not trying to big him up either,just give him some credit,even Aguero doesn't score everytime he shoots
Was sharp for his first goal, second was very lucky it just fell to him in acres of space 6 yards out. Missed 3 gilt-edged chances in the second half though, 2 of which were put on a plate for him and all he had to do was stand there and side-foot it in.

If he keeps scoring goals then it will soon silence detractors (like me). But the reality is he's not going to get gifted 5 golden chances every week.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I can't stand Theo, he's one of the most overpaid players ever to pull on a football shirt but i am willing to be fair, without him we'd have lost today and none of our other forwards even came close today so lets cut him some slack, Sanchez and Iwobi are better players so surely they should be getting shit as well if he is. :roll:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

No is is suggesting Walcott is a great footballer, he is not, and is clearly the odd one out in terms of ability when he is surrounded by Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla and Iwobi. But good teams need variety. And if there is one thing Theo is good at, its attacking the goal, running in behind and always looking to get on the end of a cross.

Now that he has given up on trying to be a striker, he seems to have found himself as a no frills right winger. All he has to do, is keep running at defenders, and attacking the end of a cross, and he will be among the goals.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Gunner Rob wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Just F U C K O F F Walcott u utter preck. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
He did win us the match to be fair
He scored 2 sitters my old lady would have put away & missed at lease 3 or 4 others with only the keeper to beat. He is not the 'striker' HE thinks he is !. Or a winger for that matter - they have to be able to cross a ball. Please 'O mighty one' please give Perez a go ?. This was a game we could have lost so easy if they'd taken their chances. Never mind scum dropped 2 points. :barscarf: :barscarf:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Ray C wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Just F U C K O F F Walcott u utter preck. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
He did win us the match to be fair
He scored 2 sitters my old lady would have put away & missed at lease 3 or 4 others with only the keeper to beat. He is not the 'striker' HE thinks he is !. Or a winger for that matter - they have to be able to cross a ball. Please 'O mighty one' please give Perez a go ?. This was a game we could have lost so easy if they'd taken their chances. Never mind scum dropped 2 points. :barscarf: :barscarf:
2 goals and we won.

Save your.... zzzzz..... theo is bollocks shit (even if it's true :lol: ) for a more appropriate occasion.

:barscarf: :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:I can't stand Theo, he's one of the most overpaid players ever to pull on a football shirt but i am willing to be fair, without him we'd have lost today and none of our other forwards even came close today so lets cut him some slack, Sanchez and Iwobi are better players so surely they should be getting shit as well if he is. :roll:
Sanchez was sloppy from the start and looks tired, I wouldn't play him in the week. Although he did still play a part in creating the first and created the third with a great ball.

Iwobi is always a mixed bag, but yesterday more bad than good imo. Although his great run that led to Walcott passing it to the keeper from 10 yards shows us what he gives us that nobody else did.

Chamberlain made a surprising intelligent contribution when he came on, despite the protest of me and others around!

Bradywasking

B Re: Swansea City (H) | PL | Sat 15 Oct 15:00

Post by Bradywasking »

Arsenal not appealing Xhaka's red card...Wenger says it was harsh but it was a deliberate foul..
Seriously if Ramsey had received s red for something similar Wenger would have the club's lawyers working 24/7 on the appeal..Maybe he really doesn't like Xhaka and see this as the opportunity to ease him out of the team and the fan's minds..

northbank123

Re: B Re: Swansea City (H) | PL | Sat 15 Oct 15:00

Post by northbank123 »

Bradywasking wrote:Arsenal not appealing Xhaka's red card...Wenger says it was harsh but it was a deliberate foul..
Seriously if Ramsey had received s red for something similar Wenger would have the club's lawyers working 24/7 on the appeal..Maybe he really doesn't like Xhaka and see this as the opportunity to ease him out of the team and the fan's minds..
Is that a joke? He did make zero effort to get the ball and the bloke was unfortunately hurt but it was only a fuckIng trip. Barely different from deliberately pulling a shirt.

If it had been In a crowded area in the middle of the pitch the exact same tackle would never have got a red. Looked worse because nobody else was nearby.

Can't believe that Wenger doesn't care about losing him for three games not to lodge a clearly winnable appeal given that they would have to find it was violent conduct befitting a red to uphold it.

Clash

Post by Clash »

I dont get the 'lets give Theo a break' stuff. I have utter contempt for him and there is nothing he can do in the pitch that will change that now. I hold grudges and this prick has been short changing Arsenal fans for 10 years.

Lets face it, when he jumped out of that challenge at Sunderland it was self-preservation to ensure he did not injure himself for the Euros. And if he did have a long look at himself in the summer it wasnt because he finally realised his performances for Arsenal have been unacceptable, it was because he was left out of the England squad. The thing he cares most about.

Walcott is fucking contemptible and one of the prime examples of what has gone wrong with modern football.

Redarmy

Re: B Re: Swansea City (H) | PL | Sat 15 Oct 15:00

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Arsenal not appealing Xhaka's red card...Wenger says it was harsh but it was a deliberate foul..
Is that a joke? He did make zero effort to get the ball and the bloke was unfortunately hurt but it was only a fuckIng trip. Barely different from deliberately pulling a shirt.

If it had been In a crowded area in the middle of the pitch the exact same tackle would never have got a red. Looked worse because nobody else was nearby.

Can't believe that Wenger doesn't care about losing him for three games not to lodge a clearly winnable appeal given that they would have to find it was violent conduct befitting a red to uphold it.
Honestly think its an easy way out for Wenger....so he can bring back Coquelin or Ramsey

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenes fans on twitter saying it was a red card and wenger right not to appeal it,but these guys are his best cock suckers