Ticket exchange question

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Exiled in Cornwall

Ticket exchange question

Post by Exiled in Cornwall »

Please could someone give me some advice
I am a red member and would like to take my 11 year old boy to the Grove for the first time in the new year (prob Burnley home). I may well be able to buy one ticket for my red membership but obviously I would need 2 together for me and my lad. Having experimented with the ticket exchange, it allows me to put 2 seats together in my "basket". Can I buy two seats together with only one Red membership, and if so, how are the tickets allocated (i.e. do we both get in on my membership card or are tickets emailed)
Cheers,
Gooner in Cornwall

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Ticket exchange question

Post by StuartL »

Exiled in Cornwall wrote:Please could someone give me some advice
I am a red member and would like to take my 11 year old boy to the Grove for the first time in the new year (prob Burnley home). I may well be able to buy one ticket for my red membership but obviously I would need 2 together for me and my lad. Having experimented with the ticket exchange, it allows me to put 2 seats together in my "basket". Can I buy two seats together with only one Red membership, and if so, how are the tickets allocated (i.e. do we both get in on my membership card or are tickets emailed)
Cheers,
Gooner in Cornwall
In a word no

You will need a seperate membership for your boy.
Unless the match goes to general sale.

How about a junior gunner membership for Xmas ?

They get a goodie pack, the chance to enter great competitions Inc to be a match day mascot, go to the Xmas party with the players etc.

You can then buy tickets together in the family enclosure.

Exiled in Cornwall

Cheers for answer, Stuart,
Why does the ticket exchange let me put more than one ticket in my "basket" if I can't buy more than one on my membership?

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

Exiled in Cornwall wrote:Cheers for answer, Stuart,
Why does the ticket exchange let me put more than one ticket in my "basket" if I can't buy more than one on my membership?
Not sure, mate, could just be it isn't programmed to accept only 1 ticket per membership in case they allow more for certain matches like carling cup games.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

There used to be an option a few years back called friends and family where you could buy multiple tickets on the one red membership for some category c games. The card would activate for yourself and you picked up paper tickets at the box office for whoever was going with you.

Not sure if this still goes on as I'm still in my self imposed exile until you know who fucks off. Worth checking with the club though to see if you can get sorted with your young lad. Best of luck.

Exiled in Cornwall

Cheers, guys,
I tried register him as a JG as suggested by Stuart, but the website, which is very unuserfriendly, wouldn't let me. I will have to phone them during office hours

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Cheers,
Gooner in Cornwall
In a word no

They get a goodie pack, the chance to enter great competitions Inc to be a match day mascot, go to the Xmas party with the players etc.

Do you work for the marketing department at the Grove? :wink: :lol:
If so,where is my membership pack?

jaggygooner

Post by jaggygooner »

StuartL wrote:
Cheers,
Gooner in Cornwall
In a word no

Yeh except that the family enclosure almost always sells out before red members get a chance, so you have to get a full price adult ticket in the upper tier for each of you, but hey, as a red member you get a copy of the Romford pele's book of stories you've heard a thousand times before and a fucking snood :barscarf:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

jaggygooner wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Cheers,
Gooner in Cornwall
In a word no

Yeh except that the family enclosure almost always sells out before red members get a chance, so you have to get a full price adult ticket in the upper tier for each of you, but hey, as a red member you get a copy of the Romford pele's book of stories you've heard a thousand times before and a fucking snood :barscarf:

It used to be ok but then I only took my daughter to category b games I think, with some champions league / cup matches too.

I have not been myself for at least 3 seasons maybe four now, so cannot vouch for ticket demand nowadays.

Rugby Gooner, I m sure you checked the light membership option, ie no goodie pack of tat, for a cheaper price.
Last edited by StuartL on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

The reason why you're allowed put extra tickets in your basket is coz u could have other red members in your "Arsenal Network" that u can assign the extra tickets to. If u don't have anyone to assign them to u won't get the extra tickets unless the tickets go on general sale - which hasn't happened for about 3 or 4 years.

By the way anyone who got the gold pack - that thing in it is a snood. My daughter had to tell me what it was - I thought it was a newfangled hat :oops: Who the fuck is going to wear that to games :roll:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

I were a bright orange one for work it keeps your neck warm mind you I wouldn't were one for arsenal games

Exiled in Cornwall

Quick update, I have taken Stuart's advice and signed my lad up as a JG. Through his account I can see lots of lovely green seats available in the family area, and I can select these, but as Peeman mentions I can't allocate one of these seats to me, nor can I "checkout", as they do not go on sale to Reds until 22nd December due to my Red membership.
Does anyone please know at what time on the 22nd December these are potentially offered up? Is it usually 8.00 am or 9.00 am or is it midnight before?
Cheers

navangooner

Post by navangooner »

Exiled in Cornwall wrote:Quick update, I have taken Stuart's advice and signed my lad up as a JG. Through his account I can see lots of lovely green seats available in the family area, and I can select these, but as Peeman mentions I can't allocate one of these seats to me, nor can I "checkout", as they do not go on sale to Reds until 22nd December due to my Red membership.
Does anyone please know at what time on the 22nd December these are potentially offered up? Is it usually 8.00 am or 9.00 am or is it midnight before?
Cheers

Keep an eye on arsenal website they will give you a time. It's normally 10am