THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Redarmy »

postmanPat91 wrote:Arsene Wenger has revealed his admiration for N'Golo Kante and admits he tried to sign the Frenchman twice.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... sign-kante

Does he expect credit for this? Tried twice and failed twice you useless old duffer :roll:

another virtual signing from the deluded old tosser

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Does he think all these virtual signings makes him look like a better manager. For me it just highlights that he is a dithering old has been who can't entice players to put pen to paper :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He spent all summer sniffing around Vardy and Mahrez (who we didn't need) and let the one Leicester player we actually did need join a rival right under our noses :roll:

The man's a genius.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Peeman wrote:Does he think all these virtual signings makes him look like a better manager. For me it just highlights that he is a dithering old has been who can't entice players to put pen to paper :roll:
Exactly, it actually highlights his shortcomings, but in his mind he gains some sort of credit because he knew Ronaldo was going to become great etc.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

flash gunner wrote:
NickF wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:Arsene Wenger has revealed his admiration for N'Golo Kante and admits he tried to sign the Frenchman twice.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... sign-kante

Does he expect credit for this? Tried twice and failed twice you useless old duffer :roll:
He is quoted as saying "We cannot explain everything - transfers are transfers - but it is quite obvious when you look at where he has gone."
I assumed this means we didn't want to pay his wages and that Wenger's valuation of a players worth is miles away from reality.
Another one to add to the fantasy 11 of Wenger tried to signs :oops:
As I've seen pointed out elsewhere, Wenger's quote seems to suggests we didn't get him for financial reasons. What else could he be referring too, we are in the CL and they aren't in Europe at all so it can't be that.

But Chelsea paid less for him than we did for Xhaka and he is supposedly on approx £100k per week which is less than the likes of Walcott & Giroud so hardly suggests he was out of our price range if we rate him highly.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Heres some news to cheer us all up...Sanogoals apparently is in our Champions league squad :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Babachukwu wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote::barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Hey Baba. Spuds have still been unable to finish above this shit Arsenal side with it's fraudulent manager.

Discuss
Pleased to meet you sir! I agree with you that Wenker is an absolute fraud who has lied to his fans and mismanaged this club to the point it has become an absolute joke to fans of other clubs.

Regarding your question, I believe that this will be the year Spurs finish above us. Looking at the cold hard facts, they have been climbing up the league and strengthening their position amongst the big clubs, with a vibrant young manager who is probably the next big thing in English football. Compared to us who have stood still with our dinosaur in charge, i fear it will come home to roost this season as we were damn lucky last season :(
Lets not go down this road "CloakedGooner"

8)
:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:Heres some news to cheer us all up...Sanogoals apparently is in our Champions league squad :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Are. You. Serious ?? :shock: :shock: :banghead: :banghead:

Best attacking group we have ever had according to the senile old c.unt :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Sanogo must be in the squad for the amazing turn and cross field pass he did against Bayern a couple of years ago. Wenger had to include him to see a repeat of that and how useful it will be.

The guy is quality :lol: I was there when he scored four :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:He spent all summer sniffing around Vardy and Mahrez (who we didn't need) and let the one Leicester player we actually did need join a rival right under our noses :roll:

The man's a genius.
^^^This^^^ - he even had the genius to not only fail to sign Kante (£29.2 million to the Chavs) but sign a lesser player (Xhaka) for more money £30 Million.

The man is simply Stupid.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Kvltman wrote:Sanogo must be in the squad for the amazing turn and cross field pass he did against Bayern a couple of years ago. Wenger had to include him to see a repeat of that and how useful it will be.

The postman's debut has to be my highlight of the last decade, purely for comedy value. It's not often that modern Arsenal make me "lol" (:oops:) but watching him stumble around like a pissed giraffe on an ice against the then European champions absolutely hilarious. The best part was he actually looked a threat for a short while purely because he didn't have a clue what he was going to do with his feet or the ball, and neither did Bayern :lol:

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Kvltman wrote:Sanogo must be in the squad for the amazing turn and cross field pass he did against Bayern a couple of years ago. Wenger had to include him to see a repeat of that and how useful it will be.

The postman's debut has to be my highlight of the last decade, purely for comedy value. It's not often that modern Arsenal make me "lol" :oops: but watching him stumble around like a pissed giraffe on an ice against the then European champions absolutely hilarious. The best part was he actually looked a threat for a short while purely because he didn't have a clue what he was going to do with his feet or the ball, and neither did Bayern :lol:

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Fuck sake :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Leyton Gooner wrote:Fuck sake :banghead:
Just a triplicate post ?

Amateur effort :D

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:Fuck sake :banghead:
Just a triplicate post ?

Amateur effort :D
Well it's only fitting since I was talking about everyone's favourite postie :barscarf: :lol: