Wenger Out protest thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Wenger Out protest, Tuesday 7th March.

Post by Gunner Rob »

an absolutely fantastic job the organisers are doing for this march tomorrow.

ok here is my issue with it - why are not more Arsenal supporters groups getting behind it?
why for example are Red Action not wanting to publicise it?
they always have a large number of people at the Rocket pre game so they should be telling/tweeting people to join it.
instead I have just seen a tweet from them which reads
REDaction Gooners‏ @REDactionAFC 48m48 minutes ago
More
Rocket opens at 4pm tomorrow, and is open again post match. No food tomorrow, but match buildup on TV, and £12.50 San Miguel after game.

now this is the thing - if these such groups are STILL not getting involved then the march I am afraid is destined to fail.
if it really is the majority of supporters wanting Wenger out then surely there should be a more unified fanbase ?

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:an absolutely fantastic job the organisers are doing for this march tomorrow.

ok here is my issue with it - why are not more Arsenal supporters groups getting behind it?
they always have a large number of people at the Rocket pre game so they should be telling/tweeting people to join it.
More
Rocket opens at 4pm tomorrow, and is open again post match. No food tomorrow, but match buildup on TV, and £12.50 San Miguel after game.

now this is the thing - if these such groups are STILL not getting involved then the march I am afraid is destined to fail.
if it really is the majority of supporters wanting Wenger out then surely there should be a more unified fanbase ?

Tbh they fcuked up the last protest by coming in and taking over, and everyone has been very vocal about not wanting them to get involved this time around - lets be honest, would you want redaction getting involved ?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Any idea on numbers attending?

NickF

Post by NickF »

Gunner Rob wrote:an absolutely fantastic job the organisers are doing for this march tomorrow.

More

RedAction are more interested in doing dog banners than getting involved in real issues.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

This is it...I will attach it to two timbers..will need somebody on one side..1800 wide x 600mm

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

All of you attending today... our very own freedom fighters I salute you! All the best to all of you today, I'll support you from afar and keep my fingers crossed everything goes as planned. Good luck!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

xisstential wrote:Image

This is it...I will attach it to two timbers..will need somebody on one side..1800 wide x 600mm
Perfect, mate. Absolutely perfect. Well done.
Just as an aside, is it not now time for the plane flying over with the banner?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:

More

RedAction are more interested in doing dog banners than getting involved in real issues.

but their apathy is a reflection of the fanbase so it hardly inspires confidence that the protest will be very significant tomorrow evening.
maybe the club are correct in their assertion that the only objection to Wenger as manager is on social media.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:Any idea on numbers attending?
Was my question as well... can anybody ballpark it...30...40...100???

What are the thoughts on numbers required for it to be considered a success???

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:Image

I have PM'd you mate! :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Leyton Gooner wrote:If a bit of rain puts people off protesting then we might as well give up :roll:
Hope your right mate 8)[/quote]

You hope that a little rain will put people off ??

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I know twatter is the home for the deranged but I've seen a few threats being made against people who are going to be protesting tomorrow night.

Beware of the brain washed sheep and stay safe everyone.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

rodders999 wrote:I know twatter is the home for the deranged but I've seen a few threats being made against people who are going to be protesting tomorrow night.

How on earth can people resort to violence to defend a man who secretly despises, undermines and constantly belittles them...the mind boggles.Maybe the club, what is left of it, actually deserve him.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:I know twatter is the home for the deranged but I've seen a few threats being made against people who are going to be protesting tomorrow night.

if the protest is big then expect the club to disrupt/infiltrate it
if the protest is small then expect the club to spin a PR story about there being very little opposition to Wenger

not trying to be defeatist but I imagine that's what the protest will be up against tomorrow.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

No doubt the North Korean, sorry Arsenal Press Office will try to quash the protest with a statement tomorrow calling for harmony and for fans to Unite and get behind the team, followed by one of Wenger's android puppets claiming "we can over-turn 4 goal deficit".... you know it's coming!