Jack Wilshere merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JakeN13

Re: Jack Wilshere merged thread

Post by JakeN13 »

I'd rather fight for relegation with Jack and Jenkinson then for a CL place with Bellerin and Xhaka.

For the first time in 25 odd years of supporting the club there is not a singe player I can say that i''m proud that they're represting us. i wouldnt even be bothered if we sold any of them to Spurs. Bare Nketiah maybe.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:40 am
Whilst I am sad, I'm also annoyed with Jack, because he didn't help himself.
Being caught smoking twice showed a disregard for his luck in being a professional athlete and for the fans and club. Also, his open refusal to change his style of play (i.e. dribbling passed a player then letting the player chop him down) despite his injury record was stupid. But overall I have that Wenger-induced 'what could've been' feeling. I know I'll hate seeing him in another club's kit.
that's pretty much the sum of it. I don't think he's going anywhere big and I don't see him really achieving much either.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

JakeN13 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:48 pm
I'd rather fight for relegation with Jack and Jenkinson then for a CL place with Bellerin and Xhaka.

For the first time in 25 odd years of supporting the club there is not a singe player I can say that i''m proud that they're represting us. i wouldnt even be bothered if we sold any of them to Spurs. Bare Nketiah maybe.
No! are you serious? you would rather fight relegation?
surely not

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I don't really know how to feel about Wilshire tbh, though I do think if he was elsewhere, or at least started and stayed at a different club, he would not be as injury prone and would perhaps be the player he has the talent to be?

What is disconcerting about what is happening is that Emery is making the exact same decisions we expected of Wenger.... letting Jack go, extended Xhaka's contract and raving about it.... and most alarming of all, talking about building the team around Ramsey :? :? :?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

TOF would never have let Wilshere go, no way, why would he have done that, hasnt done that very often with others even when perma crocked

Re Xhaka too early to judge now Dick is here.

If Xhaka hadnt signed an extension then ran his contract down cos with the shit season no one wants him for the money we paid then that would be more like TOF

Ramsey, unsure, he has turned in a number of good games for Wales, so again maybe Dick will get more from him.

Lets give Dick a free rein based on what his assessment of the squad is so far. The signings so far seem decent, and address some of our frailties.

Post by 1989 »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:39 pm
I don't really know how to feel about Wilshire tbh, though I do think if he was elsewhere, or at least started and stayed at a different club, he would not be as injury prone and would perhaps be the player he has the talent to be?

What is disconcerting about what is happening is that Emery is making the exact same decisions we expected of Wenger.... letting Jack go, extended Xhaka's contract and raving about it.... and most alarming of all, talking about building the team around Ramsey :? :? :?
Xhaka is better than Wilshere. Dick knows.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:26 pm
xisstential wrote:

Xhaka has been absolutely dreadful...him & Wilshire are 2 completely different type players and Xhaka NEVER did the job he was bought to do. He has been (rightly) absolutely crucified at times by commentators and pundits. He gives the ball away, dives recklessly into tackles and has no positional awareness, no ability to see where the danger is. Compare him to Kante if you want to see how poor he is. Maybe Emery will instil some discipline and get more out of him, who knows? And Ramsey is a showboating, wannabe, crowd pleaser. His decent games for Wales were feeding off Bale...no Bale, no Ramsey..we saw that in their qualifying campaign.

Maybe with a bit of discipline, Dick can reign them in, instead of that "go out and express yourself" crap that Wenger allowed. I really hope so, would like to be in love with the team again..I'm so desperate for it to be better.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:54 am
1989 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:26 pm
xisstential wrote:

Xhaka has been absolutely dreadful...him & Wilshire are 2 completely different type players and Xhaka NEVER did the job he was bought to do. He has been (rightly) absolutely crucified at times by commentators and pundits. He gives the ball away, dives recklessly into tackles and has no positional awareness, no ability to see where the danger is. Compare him to Kante if you want to see how poor he is. Maybe Emery will instil some discipline and get more out of him, who knows? And Ramsey is a showboating, wannabe, crowd pleaser. His decent games for Wales were feeding off Bale...no Bale, no Ramsey..we saw that in their qualifying campaign.

Maybe with a bit of discipline, Dick can reign them in, instead of that "go out and express yourself" crap that Wenger allowed. I really hope so, would like to be in love with the team again..I'm so desperate for it to be better.
We all are mate, we all are. Which is why we have to give the (new) manager time as he will also be operating under restrictions, but restrictions of a different kind most likely, wenger seemed to be given carte blanche to do whatever he wanted, though of course he claimed differently when it wasn't going right - which was most of the time.

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 pm
JakeN13 wrote:

surely not
I'd actually rather be a Championship club with players I respect than a CL club with players who couldnt care less if they play for Arsenal or Spurs as long as their pay cheque is right.

I find it a bit sad how many fans now seems to dream about becoming a galacticos and probably would be dancing in the streets if we became the new Chelsea / City and signed Neymar and Ronaldo tomorow.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Heard c. palace are in for Wilshere - he should snap it up - means he can stay living in Laaahdan etc

Post by 1989 »

JakeN13 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:19 am
elpelsarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 pm
JakeN13 wrote:

surely not
I'd actually rather be a Championship club with players I respect than a CL club with players who couldnt care less if they play for Arsenal or Spurs as long as their pay cheque is right.

I find it a bit sad how many fans now seems to dream about becoming a galacticos and probably would be dancing in the streets if we became the new Chelsea / City and signed Neymar and Ronaldo tomorow.
Wilshere would sooner play for England than Arsenal though, so he's hardly someone who's really that bothered about the club.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

JakeN13 wrote:

So Man Citeh & Chavs are also owned by billionaires than spend money on the club & players, yet you don't want that despite our supporters paying the highest prices in word football. :rubchin:

Wenger & Kroenke must love supporters like you, similar to the twats I met in the pub the other year that said they were proud of having £250 million in the bank, said Wiggy kept the club "stable" & backed Wenger's "youth policy!"! :barscarf:

Get rid of your Wenger avatar or go & support the cúnt wherever he gets his next mangers job! Bollox to the AVB's & Arsene Stanley PLC! :box:

JakeN13

Post by JakeN13 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:34 pm
JakeN13 wrote:

So Man Citeh & Chavs are also owned by billionaires than spend money on the club & players, yet you don't want that despite our supporters paying the highest prices in word football. :rubchin:

Wenger & Kroenke must love supporters like you, similar to the twats I met in the pub the other year that said they were proud of having £250 million in the bank, said Wiggy kept the club "stable" & backed Wenger's "youth policy!"! :barscarf:

Get rid of your Wenger avatar or go & support the cúnt wherever he gets his next mangers job! Bollox to the AVB's & Arsene Stanley PLC! :box:
Not saying being owned by Kroenke (not sure how you bundle him and Wenger into one) is good either, but at least we are not reliant on a corrupt state to fund success on the pitch.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

JakeN13 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:10 pm
JakeN13 wrote:

Not saying being owned by Kroenke (not sure how you bundle him and Wenger into one) is good either, but at least we are not reliant on a corrupt state to fund success on the pitch.

Have we signed Neymar and Ronaldo yet ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:25 pm
JakeN13 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:10 pm
JakeN13 wrote:

Have we signed Neymar and Ronaldo yet ?
The day we sign the diving posing Ladyboy Fake Ronaldo is the day I stop watching us. :x