KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: The Board / Wiggy Out / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am
I am not interested in whether Spurs have 1, 2 or even 10,000 more seats than us.

what they have got right though is the design of that new stadium of theirs. they have apparently got a 17,500 stand behind one of the goals - great idea, and what we should definitely have done. we meanwhile have a load of corporate boxes in the middle of the North Bank :roll:

apparently they also have pints of lager for just £4 and that they can pour faster.
puts us to shame to be honest, and I hope that feature can now also be introduced at the Emirates.
live bands and decent food as well to encourage you to actually get to the ground earlier.
again can't fault them, lets face it where is the encouragement at Arsenal to get to the ground more than 10 minutes before kick off ?

BUT until they win something again then its :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW :barscarf:

What they absolutely deserve credit for is that they built a proper footie stadium in that their stands are close to the pitch instead of the proverbial mile away like ours are :roll: For atmosphere basis closer to the pitch is a no brainer

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

augie wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:13 pm

What they absolutely deserve credit for is that they built a proper footie stadium in that their stands are close to the pitch instead of the proverbial mile away like ours are :roll: For atmosphere basis closer to the pitch is a no brainer
I remember Arsenal club officials lying at council meetings claiming new regulations meant that fans had to be further away from the playing field in new stadium builds. :rubchin:

I notice that the corners on the new swamp toilet lid are built up much higher, when it was also claimed by Arsenal that they needed to get more air to the pitch. Probably Wenger's silly idea. :banghead:

Does anyone know if the toilet lids have got the larger seats for fans fitted in their khazi? Or are they standard size?
Maybe time for Arsenal to increase capacity by putting standard sized seats in the lower tiers / ends. :barscarf:

I predict traffic chaos on the North Circular / GC Road, Victoria Line & WHL / Bruce Grove stations, evening games.
There is no way a backward swamp can cope with all the extra vermin! :twisted:

Stratford WHU is already a nightmare, local transport infrastructure can't cope for evening games with commuters going back East & Essex. :shock:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:30 pm
augie wrote:

I remember Arsenal club officials lying at council meetings claiming new regulations meant that fans had to be further away from the playing field in new stadium builds. :rubchin:

I notice that the corners on the new swamp toilet lid are built up much higher, when it was also claimed by Arsenal that they needed to get more air to the pitch. Probably Wenger's silly idea. :banghead:

Does anyone know if the toilet lids have got the larger seats for fans fitted in their khazi? Or are they standard size?
Maybe time for Arsenal to increase capacity by putting standard sized seats in the lower tiers / ends. :barscarf:

I predict traffic chaos on the North Circular / GC Road, Victoria Line & WHL / Bruce Grove stations, evening games.

Stratford WHU is already a nightmare, local transport infrastructure can't cope for evening games with commuters going back East & Essex. :shock:

Let's face it any venue in London catering for 40k+ is a traffic nightmare.

Apparently Islington council aren't keen on us changing seat size and tbh we are just going to have to wear it that Levy is a better businessman and more pro his own club than any of the clowns we have had since the inception of the bowl. I saw a tweet/twat from the back of their new stand and the view is utter shite so that's something they've got wrong at least although they will still charge a bomb for it.

They have waited over a decade longer than us for a new swamp and ironically it would appear that we are both now skint where we should be comfortably ahead of them. Unfortunately TOF pissed it all away before we got shot of the silly old cu.nt. More air to the pitch :roll:

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:27 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:56 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:31 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:54 pm
I wonder if the boys have left a positive impression on His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum. :rubchin: :rubchin:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/arsenal-pa ... lace-dubai
Are you hoping enough to make a multi million pound take over bid ?
Sad isn't it?, just how desperate we've become because of the utter w@nker that owns the club.

Oh and now Spurs have a bigger stadium as well, we can all make jokes about it looking like a toilet bowl but that is just being defensive because we are looking small time now, it's not going to change though with wiggy around.

We're a joke, but at least there is no danger of me wasting my money on the club though, every cloud and all that...

:roll:
Wind your neck in mate. How the fuck are we looking "small time" compared to the perennial centennial bottlers up the road? Because they tacked an extra 1000 seats on a stadium they will never fill after the first season aura wears off?

Ffs their big "ramp up event" attracted a grand total of 30,000 vermin. :oops: :lol:

Their "elite" level managerial genius :coffeespit: coach has won NOTHING in a 10 year career. Even Wenger in the last decade when he was gone to shit as a manager won THREE FA Cups - all while the media were hailing a trophyless Poxychinos as a genius. :oops: :lol:

Even Moron-hio nailed it when he took the piss out of this modern definition of "elite coaches" that have won nothing (Poxychinos) or only a couple of minor backwater trophies years ago (Stupid Teeth). If you have won no major trophies you are as "elite" as Fat Fuck Allardyce.

That new toilet will hurt them financially and when citeh come calling for Fat Tongue with a wedge of wonga he'll go and Poxychinos will go to Spain and the vermin will drift back out to mid table mediocrity where they belong, their brief spell of "success" a footnote in the history of football.

Yeah our owner is a cùnt but ffs let's not lose the plot entirely.
A fucking men. Seriously people talk up the *word censored* from n17 as a way to put down the arsenal on occasions. Yeah things aren't great for us at the moment but for fuck sake let's not go all itcybaba...yes one of them from n17

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I'm not talking them up, they are a joke of a club but then so are we now, thanks to wiggy w@nker and his portfolio of average sports club investments.

Having a smaller stadium than them is embarrassing though, then again why do we need one when we have so little ambition?, it's not as if it is to bear witness to title challenging classics or later stage CL football anyway, hopefully Spuds goes the same way, doesn't fix our problems though, anyone know a good hitman?.

:roll:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:44 pm
augie wrote:

Apparently Islington council aren't keen on us changing seat size and tbh we are just going to have to wear it that Levy is a better businessman and more pro his own club than any of the clowns we have had since the inception of the bowl. I saw a tweet/twat from the back of their new stand and the view is utter shite so that's something they've got wrong at least although they will still charge a bomb for it.

They have waited over a decade longer than us for a new swamp and ironically it would appear that we are both now skint where we should be comfortably ahead of them. Unfortunately TOF pissed it all away before we got shot of the silly old cu.nt. More air to the pitch :roll:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:30 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:44 pm
augie wrote:

Not that old chestnut of more air required on the pitch again..........................

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Another issue back then with the stadium was Islington Council height restrictions for the new ground. But since then we have more business & residential skyscrapers being built all over the borough, from City Road to Finsbury Park. :banghead:

Seems that Islington Council c/w TFL fleeced Arsenal, getting a new recycling plant worth £70Million for free, & £120Million for social housing & local transport improvements.

Meanwhile the Swamp Dwellers fail to contribute to local transport links & housing, even demanding a Victoria line tube extension for free, despite having a tax dodging owner worth £4billion. Obviously there must have been some bungs bouncing about when Boris the Bullshiter was London mayor. :rubchin:

The incompetence of those running Arsenal FC since the early '60's is staggering. Paying through the nose for a new stadium whilst other clubs get theirs without contributing bollox all to the local community.

At least the Toilet Lids have wasted any advantage by failing to negotiate a fixed price with a construction company. Who the fuck has heard of MACE anyway? Stadium cost was supposed to be under £400million but it's gone way over £900M according to many media reports! :D They even had to borrow more & supposedly they are £700M in debt.

They can't even find a sponsor for the Toilet Lid! :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:14 am
Another issue back then with the stadium was Islington Council height restrictions for the new ground. But since then we have more business & residential skyscrapers being built all over the borough, from City Road to Finsbury Park. :banghead:

Seems that Islington Council c/w TFL fleeced Arsenal, getting a new recycling plant worth £70Million for free, & £120Million for social housing & local transport improvements.

Meanwhile the Swamp Dwellers fail to contribute to local transport links & housing, even demanding a Victoria line tube extension for free, despite having a tax dodging owner worth £4billion. Obviously there must have been some bungs bouncing about when Boris the Bullshiter was London mayor. :rubchin:

The incompetence of those running Arsenal FC since the early '60's is staggering. Paying through the nose for a new stadium whilst other clubs get theirs without contributing bollox all to the local community.

At least the Toilet Lids have wasted any advantage by failing to negotiate a fixed price with a construction company. Who the fuck has heard of MACE anyway? Stadium cost was supposed to be under £400million but it's gone way over £900M according to many media reports! :D They even had to borrow more & supposedly they are £700M in debt.

They can't even find a sponsor for the Toilet Lid! :barscarf:
Andrex. Fits nicely in a toilet.

Or Tampax. Motto on the front of the new shit hole: "For Cùnts"

:D

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I find it ironic that for years a lot of people hailed just how well run Arsenal (as a business) were, well for many years now we have been run extremely poorly, the below article shows just how so, our revenue has stagnated alarmingly over the last 5 years or so, while our rivals have all been on the up we are actually going backwards, ok from next season we'll have about +£50M from the new commercial deals but that will only get us back towards where we were 2 or 3 seasons ago.

There is a lot of talk about the need to reduce our wage bill but that is not what we need to do, we need to spend it far more efficiently than the so called accountant (Wenger) did, Liverpool spend more than us so reducing the wage bill is not the way to go unless KSE want us to risk becoming long term Europa league level.

We need to shift Ozil and the dodgy Armenian this summer, just give them away if needed, even pay them off, they are both weak minded and far too comfortable on the salaries Wenger's given them, with the other departures this will free up a ton of wages which need to be spent wisely, not to cut the wage bill but to improve the squad, with CL football and better commercial deals we could be in the £500M club pretty easily, but with KSE running the show I wouldn't be surprised if the stagnation continues..

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nited-city

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:04 pm
I find it ironic that for years a lot of people hailed just how well run Arsenal (as a business) were, well for many years now we have been run extremely poorly, the below article shows just how so, our revenue has stagnated alarmingly over the last 5 years or so, while our rivals have all been on the up we are actually going backwards, ok from next season we'll have about +£50M from the new commercial deals but that will only get us back towards where we were 2 or 3 seasons ago.

There is a lot of talk about the need to reduce our wage bill but that is not what we need to do, we need to spend it far more efficiently than the so called accountant (Wenger) did, Liverpool spend more than us so reducing the wage bill is not the way to go unless KSE want us to risk becoming long term Europa league level.

We need to shift Ozil and the dodgy Armenian this summer, just give them away if needed, even pay them off, they are both weak minded and far too comfortable on the salaries Wenger's given them, with the other departures this will free up a ton of wages which need to be spent wisely, not to cut the wage bill but to improve the squad, with CL football and better commercial deals we could be in the £500M club pretty easily, but with KSE running the show I wouldn't be surprised if the stagnation continues..

The problem is that to pay them both off would eat up the £40M summer war er chest.

Don't forget that the so called profit is after transfers are included so if you strip them out and also the last bit of property income, we actually made a trading loss of about £55M which will be repeated this year if there is no CL money. The £60M Adidas hand us every year is now going to have to cover the losses rather than be spent on players...unless wiggy cu.nt features has a change of heart :roll: That is why TOF should be shot for negligent transfer dealings and contracts as he really has fucked us up big time. For somebody who was supposedly very clever the reality seems to be that he was a bit of a thick cu.nt. The £17M to get him out the door is included in the above trading loss :banghead:

The only way to boost the coffers is to sell and we would only get serious money for Laca or Bellend and maybe Auba and the doozy might get a few quid as a prospect. Win the ropey and the cracks are papered over once again and the wigmeister continues on his wiggy way - lose and we are looking at a slow downward spiral. Decisions decisions :rubchin:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

https://www.ft.com/content/6e42c740-7f1 ... e435b57a3b

------------------

In the championship but if this happens I reckon they'll be finishing ahead of us within 5 years. :roll: :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

As much as I detest Kroenke, as far as I am aware he didn't do anything underhand to get himself into the position he is in at our club. It was handed to him and he is what he has always been. My real full blown contempt is towards the privileged few who sold out to this fucking leech. They betrayed both us and the privileged position they were very fortunate to be in.

I know most refer to Hill-Wood's infamous ''We don't want his sort'' quote but the longer quote below is even harder to take because it shows how unnecessary all this was. I know this is opening old wounds but if only he had really meant these words when he said this back in April 2007:

"The shareholders would prefer to stay in control than sell out to some stranger.

"We would be horrified to see ownership of the club go across the Atlantic."

"These people love Arsenal, they are independently wealthy and do not need the money. Having a few extra million pounds in the bank is of no interest to them.

"We're here for Arsenal football club, not to make a few bob. The club has been run for the benefit of supporters, staff and players."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 566789.stm

:banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:57 pm
As much as I detest Kroenke, as far as I am aware he didn't do anything underhand to get himself into the position he is in at our club. It was handed to him and he is what he has always been. My real full blown contempt is towards the privileged few who sold out to this fucking leech. They betrayed both us and the privileged position they were very fortunate to be in.

I know most refer to Hill-Wood's infamous ''We don't want his sort'' quote but the longer quote below is even harder to take because it shows how unnecessary all this was. I know this is opening old wounds but if only he had really meant these words when he said this back in April 2007:

"The shareholders would prefer to stay in control than sell out to some stranger.

"We would be horrified to see ownership of the club go across the Atlantic."

"These people love Arsenal, they are independently wealthy and do not need the money. Having a few extra million pounds in the bank is of no interest to them.

"We're here for Arsenal football club, not to make a few bob. The club has been run for the benefit of supporters, staff and players."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 566789.stm

:banghead:

Hill-Wood was always a c.unt, and he was a c.unt that enjoyed a position of privilege off the back of granddaddy's work, rather than anything he did himself :censored: :censored:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 11:04 pm

That is our current transfer policy, so more than likely will happen.