ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rian1

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Rian1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:18 am
BBC:

Arsenal have been working on a deal to sign England striker Ivan Toney from Brentford and conversations have taken place between the two clubs, while Chelsea are also interested in the 27-year-old.
Those shit stains have to have their noses everywhere.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:23 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

Arsenal have been working on a deal to sign England striker Ivan Toney from Brentford and conversations have taken place between the two clubs, while Chelsea are also interested in the 27-year-old.
Those shit stains have to have their noses everywhere.
They're running that club like a 12 year old playing Football Manager. Buy all the players, regardless of need or use.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Why stop at 74 players when you can have 75 :roll:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

Arsenal are leading the race for 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund and England Under-21 winger Jamie Bynoe-Gittens.
Toney deal already done according to the Arsenal Fanatics…..they have a good track record and clearly work inside the club.
Stating it was sorted at the same time the Raya loan deal was done.

I thought at the time the loan, was so we had some funds for a striker in the summer, so maybe it was instead for January ?

Don’t know anything at all about Bynoe- Gittens but we have decent youngsters going to be making their mark in the next year or two, do we need another double barrelled name ? When we have Lewis - Skelly, Cozier-Duberry, Henry - Francis and Taylor- Hart already ?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Barcelona are weighing up a move for 31-year-old Arsenal and Italy midfielder Jorginho. (Mirror)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know we as a club have foolishly signed far, far too many Chav rejects (*), but for me Jorginho is a very decent player and has already shown his worth; despite some criticism's from various quarters.

I would much prefer we sold them Havertz and kept Jorginho.

(*)
Willian
Gallas
Cech
Benayoun
Luiz

:shock: :roll: Jeeeezusss what a bunch of shyte.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
BBC:

Arsenal are leading the race for 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund and England Under-21 winger Jamie Bynoe-Gittens.
Toney deal already done according to the Arsenal Fanatics…..they have a good track record and clearly work inside the club.
Stating it was sorted at the same time the Raya loan deal was done.

I thought at the time the loan, was so we had some funds for a striker in the summer, so maybe it was instead for January ?

Don’t know anything at all about Bynoe- Gittens but we have decent youngsters going to be making their mark in the next year or two, do we need another double barrelled name ? When we have Lewis - Skelly, Cozier-Duberry, Henry - Francis and Taylor- Hart already ?

I hope that is true Stuart, as it would be a huge leap forward for us. So with Martinelli & Saka; along with Odegaard & Jesus supplying him with plenty of opportunities our inability to score enough goals could well be sorted.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Can you enlighten me on arsenal fanatics. Google returns a shop!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Ivan Toney would be the perfect fit or final piece of the jigsaw as some have said. The whole world can see that it would make sense for us to sign him in the January window. So why won't we do it?

We won't do it because of FFP or some other bullshit about expenditure. Arteta has already said that he doesn't expect the club to make any significant signings in January and that they're happy with the players we have.

We wasted £65m on Clive Havertz. Money which could've been used more wisely on someone like Toney.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:19 pm
I know(ish) one of the guys who runs Arsenal Fanatics (*) - a looooong time Gooner and they know people who work at the heart of Arsenal FC (on the financial and legal side of things) so if hint at something regarding a signing etc it is usually reliable. I haven't seen him for a while but to the best of my recollection he/ they have always been reliable. :|

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:19 pm
I know(ish) one of the guys who runs Arsenal Fanatics (*) - a looooong time Gooner and they know people who work at the heart of Arsenal FC (on the financial and legal side of things) so if hint at something regarding a signing etc it is usually reliable. I haven't seen him for a while but to the best of my recollection he/ they have always been reliable. :|
He doesn't live in a village by any chance :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sounds like bullshit to me. For the same reasons that you dismiss anything I get from my guy at the training ground.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:24 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Yeah. Sounds like bullshit. OBG has been reading Shoot and Match again for his intel.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:24 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
I don't think so, I do know he's neither an Idiot nor a Liar.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Never trust short arses.