West Ham murdering filth A Carabao cup 4th round Weds Nov 1st KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: West Ham murdering filth A Carabao cup 4th round Weds Nov 1st KO 730pm

Post by the playing mantis »

RJG23 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:14 pm
Considering the strength currently on show at the top of the league, I can see them taking this competition slightly more serious than usual as a chance to at least get some sort of silverware. Still expect a lot of changes though
What strength?

A scum team who have shihoused there way there through luck in the big games and not so big games and played relegation fodder apart from us and scousers and Brentford, all which they would have lost any other day, plus nearly drawing and losing to those relegation folders, including united who should have been 2 up at half time, a slightly off it City, and up and down Liverpool, and us who have also played poorly all season yet find ourselves 2nd...the league is the weakest it's be in years for us to be 2nd...

I would actually like to rack a few league cups up as we should have won it a lot more as our peers have, but it's ultimately meaningless and we will lose tonight.
Last edited by the playing mantis on Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:47 am
RJG23 wrote:
Considering the strength currently on show at the top of the league, I can see them taking this competition slightly more serious than usual as a chance to at least get some sort of silverware. Still expect a lot of changes though
What strength?

A scum team who have shihoused there way there through luck in the big ganes and not so big ganes and played relegation fodder apart from us and scousers and Brentford, all which they should have lost any other day, plus nearly darling and losing to hose relegation folders, including united who should have been 2 up at half time, a slightly off it City, and up and down Liverpool, and us who have also played poorly all season yet find ourselves 2nd...the league is the weakest it's be in years for us to be 2nd...

I would actually like to rack a few league cups up as we should have won it a lot more as our peers have, but it's ultimately meaningless and we will lose tonight.
spot on regarding scum...wernt they also losing to sheff utd in the cup..who are a diabolical outfit...load of shit that new manager...the wheels will go off soon..

spursy scum shit

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:54 am
the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:47 am
RJG23 wrote:
What strength?

A scum team who have shihoused there way there through luck in the big ganes and not so big ganes and played relegation fodder apart from us and scousers and Brentford, all which they should have lost any other day, plus nearly darling and losing to hose relegation folders, including united who should have been 2 up at half time, a slightly off it City, and up and down Liverpool, and us who have also played poorly all season yet find ourselves 2nd...the league is the weakest it's be in years for us to be 2nd...

spot on regarding scum...wernt they also losing to sheff utd in the cup..who are a diabolical outfit...load of shit that new manager...the wheels will go off soon..

spursy scum shit
one of the reasons that the scum are having so much luck is that they are ALREADY out of this cup and didnt even get an invite into any of the Euro cups :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ah! Yes, but didn't you hear (some scum fan on 5Live last week-end) That This Is Their Year!! Ohhh! Yesss, with their new manager (and get this) Son now "freed up to play as our main striker with the 'world class' Maddison to provide the passes we will not only challenge for the title this year but definitely finish above Arsenal" !!!

I was listening to the radio in the kitchen whilst making a cuppa and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing, or rather I should say I could, because this is how delusional many Scum fans are...

I am Sooo looking forward to when their ickle bubble bursts, when they go all Spurzy (again) and end up mid-table and out of all competitions (again).

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:12 pm
Ah! Yes, but didn't you hear (some scum fan on 5Live last week-end) That This Is Their Year!! Ohhh! Yesss, with their new manager (and get this) Son now "freed up to play as our main striker with the 'world class' Maddison to provide the passes we will not only challenge for the title this year but definitely finish above Arsenal" !!!

I was listening to the radio in the kitchen whilst making a cuppa and I just couldn't believe what I was hearing, or rather I should say I could, because this is how delusional many Scum fans are...

I am Sooo looking forward to when their ickle bubble bursts, when they go all Spurzy (again) and end up mid-table and out of all competitions (again).
interesting fact - after 10 league games they are only 3 points better off than last season

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:26 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:12 pm

interesting fact - after 10 league games they are only 3 points better off than last season
BOOM! Well said Gunner Rob! :high5:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Worried about this game, expect us to lose. That's based on the assumption that we'll play a weakened side. I'd like to see ESR start, mainly because I'm a fan of his and want him to get game time, but I also don't see him as weaker than our usual options. However, if Arteta fucks about with the defence and plays ESR with Viera and Havertz in midfield, then we'll get done. I fully expect him to rest one of our wingers...probably Saka...although I'd be happy with Trossard and Nelson out wide.

I have no doubt that Lego Head will take the opportunity to give Havertz a start and in a game like this, against an average outfit where he ought to make a mark (if he had a mark to make, which he hasn't), we'll see the full extent of his crapness.

West Ham will play a strong side and look to win this tie. They're bang average, but have two or three players, who if they step up on the night, can cause problems.

I hate losing to this lot almost as much as losing to the scum, but luckily it happens very rarely. I've just got a nasty feeling about tonight.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

ESR not in squad he has a knee issue

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ramsdale, White Gabriel Kiwior Zinchenko
Havertz Vieira Jorginho
Nelson Trossard Eddie

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Saka Rice Odegaard Martinelli Tomiyasu cedric Elneny Saliba Hein on the bench

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:37 pm
ESR not in squad he has a knee issue
Crocked again….bin him off for fuck sake :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗣️ “We’ve got an issue with him. He felt something in his knee and he started to feel some pain after the game and we are assessing it but yeah, a big worry with him.”

Mikel Arteta on Emile Smith Rowe.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:58 pm
🗣️ “We’ve got an issue with him. He felt something in his knee and he started to feel some pain after the game and we are assessing it but yeah, a big worry with him.”

Mikel Arteta on Emile Smith Rowe.
Probably time to cash in

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:40 pm
Ramsdale, White Gabriel Kiwior Zinchenko
Havertz Vieira Jorginho
Nelson Trossard Eddie
That is a WEAK midfield!