Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by goonertux »

Maddison crocked, both centre backs out, they’ll be 6th by Christmas. Normal service is resumed.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonertux wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:16 pm
Maddison crocked, both centre backs out, they’ll be 6th by Christmas. Normal service is resumed.
Couldn't have gone much better could it? Get Dier back in - that's like a goal start for the oppo. Romero is possibly the thickest player I've seen walk the planet. The 10 game title winners coming down before the decorations

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fat Angie Hippopotamusadopolus will be sacked by January's end. :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:16 pm
Thanks for not spending 100m on Mudryk - what a massive pile of ***** he is!
Knowing us we will buy him off them for 120mil and put him on 400G a week. He will become our new inverted right back :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:15 pm
Sky punditry is worse than VAR.
Unbelievable isn’t it? Imagine the narrative if we imploded, had two sent off and lost 4-1. They’d go to fucking town on us.

Yet the scum are heroes to a man, unbelievable spirit, what character :roll:

It took the chavs until 2 minutes to go to realise that a simple ball down the flanks and they could fill their boots.

What a fucking simp Sturridge is :banghead:

John F

Post by John F »

I can feel a song coming on. "slip sliding away you know the nearer to a trophy the more you're slip sliding away". One for us oldies. :oops:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Now a lad who spits out car windows at kids is going to give us his hot take on proceedings.

So it’s goodnight from me!

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Ange Posttraumaticstressdisorder ran out of luck tonight.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

And the last unbeaten record in the PL goes :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:27 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:15 pm
Sky punditry is worse than VAR.
Unbelievable isn’t it? Imagine the narrative if we imploded, had two sent off and lost 4-1. They’d go to fucking town on us.

Yet the scum are heroes to a man, unbelievable spirit, what character :roll:

It took the chavs until 2 minutes to go to realise that a simple ball down the flanks and they could fill their boots.

What a fucking simp Sturridge is :banghead:
They must receive a script each season. This season it is Spurs’ time to shine. Despite the reality being they are a house of cards built on sand. The punditry is so bad it is actually absurd what is being said. Bonkers bad.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Postecoglu : “We were hard done by today and let down by the officiating”.

“I’ve seen a lot complain about the officiating and I agree the standards need to be raised”.

“Decisions are not only incorrect but also take too long. No one knows what is going on”.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:22 pm
Fat Angie Hippopotamusadopolus will be sacked by January's end. :lol:

:coffeespit: :high5: :D

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:51 pm
🚨 Postecoglu : “We were hard done by today and let down by the officiating”.

“I’ve seen a lot complain about the officiating and I agree the standards need to be raised”.

“Decisions are not only incorrect but also take too long. No one knows what is going on”.
I assume the same press that attacked Arteta all day today will be all over this in the same way.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal’s angry reaction to losing 1-0 to Newcastle at St James’ Park on Saturday has not gone down well among the refereeing fraternity, with one source describing their response as ‘over the top’. It has created friction between the club & refereeing body, who have decided not to respond publicly. [Mail] #afc

🚨 Arsenal & referee chiefs remain at loggerheads, with the club set to cite decisions that have gone against them since last season in their next meeting in a bid to prove a pattern. [Mail] #afc

🚨 Mail Sport understands that Arsenal will include:

• VAR Lee Mason not drawing the offside lines prior to Ivan Toney’s equaliser for Brentford (February 2023).
• Gabriel Martinelli goal vs. Manchester United (a) wrongly disallowed (September 2022).
• Manchester City’s Mateo Kovacic escaping a red card for his challenge on Martin Ødegaard & then subsequent tackle on Declan Rice, which again escaped further punishment (October 2023).

[Mail] #afc

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:16 pm
🚨 Arsenal’s angry reaction to losing 1-0 to Newcastle at St James’ Park on Saturday has not gone down well among the refereeing fraternity, with one source describing their response as ‘over the top’. It has created friction between the club & refereeing body, who have decided not to respond publicly. [Mail] #afc

🚨 Arsenal & referee chiefs remain at loggerheads, with the club set to cite decisions that have gone against them since last season in their next meeting in a bid to prove a pattern. [Mail] #afc

🚨 Mail Sport understands that Arsenal will include:

• VAR Lee Mason not drawing the offside lines prior to Ivan Toney’s equaliser for Brentford (February 2023).
• Gabriel Martinelli goal vs. Manchester United (a) wrongly disallowed (September 2022).
• Manchester City’s Mateo Kovacic escaping a red card for his challenge on Martin Ødegaard & then subsequent tackle on Declan Rice, which again escaped further punishment (October 2023).

[Mail] #afc
How about Guimaraes violent conduct too?
Also Tomiyasu's yellow card for supposed "time wasting" and sending off for a non existent shirt pull (has anyone else been penalised for taking too long since then?)
Salibas handball against the Chavs

Should go back further and add a couple more:

• Martinellis goal against Brighton in April 2022 being disallowed with no conclusive evidence
• Martinellis quick double yellow card against Wolves in Feb 2022. Has anything happened remotely similar to that before and since?
• David Luiz getting a red and a penalty against Wolves in Feb 2021 for having the audacity to run behind a player taking a shot
• Sokratis goal being disallowed against Palace in October 2019 for no reason other than a defender kicking Chambers foot
• Silva flinging himself over Xhakas leg for a penalty in Jan 2022
• Vardy escaping punishment for kicking Mustafi in the face despite it being blatant

And I'm sure I'm missing a lot more