Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by SteveO 35 »

One long bore. Not sure how long anyone can stomach this for. Worse than the SPL now

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Did anyone seriously think Fulham were getting anything out of this game, or any of the remaining teams playing Man City?
I've been at peace with the fact we won't win the league for a while now. Anything else would be a massive (but most welcome) shock

madjens

Post by madjens »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:46 am
Fuck off Fulham - another bunch of c.unts who checked out weeks ago

Beyond belief
No fault of Fulham, can’t be expecting them to get anything against 115FC.

We had it in our hands and threw it away ourselves.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Didn’t bother watching, knew they’d piss it. It’s honestly boring, to be honest. There’s little enjoyment in the game when you have teams like City financially (and other*) doping themselves each year. It’s basically, as SteveO said, the SPL now.

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

madjens wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:55 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Beyond belief

Nah, was never in our hands. Before city (even with chavski) you would have teams going head to head and they would both drop points here and there. With this lot they overspent got 3 world class players for every position which means they rotate and are fresh....look at the closing down, Fulham can't even get a touch

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

madjens wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Beyond belief

I'm one of our biggest critics usually but sorry I can't accept this. Before the days of financial doping we'd be well clear by now. Yes we've had the odd setback but most teams do, and ours certainly have been fewer and further between than other years.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

As I have said. They will also catch our goal difference. So even if they drew somehwere, I still think they’ll win the league.

Teams don’t fight against them. It’s very odd when you look at the number of poor performances they come up against. You could argue City are that good. Not in every game they’re not.. Fulham have surrendered here, as have most of the league each season.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Linighans there!! wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:00 pm
madjens wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Beyond belief

Nah, was never in our hands. Before city (even with chavski) you would have teams going head to head and they would both drop points here and there. With this lot they overspent got 3 world class players for every position which means they rotate and are fresh....look at the closing down, Fulham can't even get a touch
If we hadn't lost 0-2 to Villa at home a few weeks back we would be leading and not chasing. It was in our hands. That to me is, and has been our biggest problem for years, handling pressure. We'll go to Utd and win tomorrow, but had Citeh dropped points here today we would go there and do the same. Leading, with one or 2 teams snapping at our heels is the type of pressure we just cannot handle. Until that changes.........

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:09 pm
Linighans there!! wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:00 pm
madjens wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Beyond belief

If we hadn't lost 0-2 to Villa at home a few weeks back we would be leading and not chasing. It was in our hands. That to me is, and has been our biggest problem for years, handling pressure. We'll go to Utd and win tomorrow, but had Citeh dropped points here today we would go there and do the same. Leading, with one or 2 teams snapping at our heels is the type of pressure we just cannot handle. Until that changes.........
You could say that at ANY point in the season if we had won then that would have meant dropping only 2 points in 2024 (and that away to city). you can only say that in our hands shit with 4 or 5 games to go

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Surrender monkeys all over the League. No one gives it to City. No derbies apart from United who are a joke. London teams winning the League is a far harder gig. Just a fact.

Fulham have disgraced themselves today. But so has everyone in City’s run in.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

So it’s over to the filth to do us a favour on Tuesday.
No chance of that, so close but no cigar unfortunately. And we all know Sky will w*nk themselves silly over it with no mention of corruption or law-breaking.
Modern football, eh?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Always fucking disliked Fulham, tbh.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:30 pm
So it’s over to the filth to do us a favour on Tuesday.
No chance of that, so close but no cigar unfortunately. And we all know Sky will w*nk themselves silly over it with no mention of corruption or law-breaking or the 115 Charges (*) that they should have had to face long before now.
Modern football, eh?
(*) Money Talks and Justice & Honesty Walks. Until there is an independent ( I mean a Genuine Independent & Incorruptible) Body to oversee all sports but in particular (Prem) Football with the power to investigate and bring Legal Action; with possible Custodial Sentences etc... The Corruption and Pay-Off's will just continue whilst we the fans can go get fucked.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:29 pm
Surrender monkeys all over the League. No one gives it to City. No derbies apart from United who are a joke. London teams winning the League is a far harder gig. Just a fact.

Fulham have disgraced themselves today. But so has everyone in City’s run in.
A point my old man is forever making about it being much harder for a London club to do it because of the amount of derbie games with every c.unt looking to hobble you.

You’re spot on about teams lying down for them too. Playing city especially at your own ground should be a cup final for those teams with them looking to take the scalp of the all powerful evil force.

Instead it’s just insipid limp dick performances from teams who are already beaten in the tunnel. It’s fucking embarrassing. Teams should be gung ho, get stuck in and make it a war. Pinging balls into their box. 100 mph and making it ugly as fuck.

Take what Everton did to the victims a few weeks back for reference. Instead all we get with city is a succession of spineless surenders where nobody lays a glove on them like that shit today where Fulham had their first shot on target after 60 mins with the game already over :roll:

Fucking pathetic.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

It was over when Villa went 1 up that day :cry: I've known since then really.After that defeat all I wanted was for us to ask them the question and make them go and win it..We have so far kept our end of the deal but the pathetic efforts of Cheatys opponents has been disgusting..Look at last week ffs Bournemouth were steaming into challenges from the off against us but when Wolves went to Cheaty they basically got on all fours with a gimp mask on and got lubed up in the tunnel ffs :oops: