Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 1:31 pm
The integrity of the league (or what’s still left of it) took a serious hammering with that kite flying fiasco.

The only way that sort of amateur hour shite could have been let slide was for Fulham to go out and put in a serious performance immaterial of the result.

For them to give them impression during the week that they weren’t taking the game seriously and then follow it up with a 4 nil drubbing where they only had one attempt on goal all game in a limp dick surrender was pathetic.

They made a mockery out of the division phoning in a result like that. Cuuuuuuuunts.

To prove a lack of effort is impossible cos citeeh have dicked a lot of teams by 4 goals in recent seasons. The way to handle this imo anyway, is that maybe next season or the season after that even, we will be playing against a team in a game that will be meaningless to us but that fulham will need us to beat cos maybe they are competing to avoid relegation or competing for european spot, and this is where we get our revenge by putting out a second string team and basically gift the win to the opposition to screw fulham. Naturally they will kick up an almighty fuss and we will cite a catalogue of make believe injuries forcing our hand, whilst off the record comments about remembering yesterday's lack off effort for them coming back to bite them on the arse 8) The problem is that as a club you (in this case fulham) can do everything honourably and demand your players put in maximum effort for a game, but in reality when they cross the white line you are depending on them doing their jobs properly - doing what I suggest might punish the club and not the players who didnt bother yesterday, but somebody has to be held accountable instead of living in this make believe bubble where integrity rules and clubs dont roll over for citeeh like we seen yesterday

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Agreed Augie. I’m a patient man so prepared to wait for my revenge there. Those c.unts need to be buried. The optics of what went on during the week were horrific compounded even more so by then no showing the weekend.

That’s not a serious football club if that’s the standard being set. As I said yesterday city should find it massively uncomfortable every time they play away from home. Opposition teams and crowds should be massively up for it and raise their game accordingly looking to do them over.

Yet we never ever see it. Meek fucking surrenders making things piss easy for them. Teams never get stuck in, they never mix it up going direct (remember Brighton a few weeks back playing suicide ball in their own box :roll:)

The lack of effort and belief teams show against them is embarrassing bordering on criminal. Raising the fucking white flag before a ball is kicked :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Can we find that lasagne chef and send him to City’s London hotel?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

COYS :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:40 am
COYS :D
:lol: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

We seriously need Liverpool to avoid defeat tonight so that the scum still have a chance of 4th place and have to give it their best shot against City. They're apparently up against it financially and desperately need CL money, but they know that a draw or win against City puts us in a position to win the title...what a fucking horrible dilemma that will be for their supporters. :lol: We all know that if Villa win tonight, then the scum fans will be cheering City on, as they did in their last game of the 98/99 season away to Utd, where they had "Let them win" banners.

My fear is that Liverpool can't finish any better or any worse than 3rd, so their season is over and they might be on the beach. Just hoping that Klopp will want to go out with a bang and not a whimper.

There's a danger that if Villa lose tonight and the scum somehow miraculously win tomorrow, then the scum are likely to get 4th as their last game is against Sheff. Utd and Villa are at Palace, but if we were to win the league then who cares.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 1:21 pm
We seriously need Liverpool to avoid defeat tonight so that the scum still have a chance of 4th place and have to give it their best shot against City. They're apparently up against it financially and desperately need CL money, but they know that a draw or win against City puts us in a position to win the title...what a fucking horrible dilemma that will be for their supporters. :lol: We all know that if Villa win tonight, then the scum fans will be cheering City on, as they did in their last game of the 98/99 season away to Utd, where they had "Let them win" banners.

My fear is that Liverpool can't finish any better or any worse than 3rd, so their season is over and they might be on the beach. Just hoping that Klopp will want to go out with a bang and not a whimper.

There's a danger that if Villa lose tonight and the scum somehow miraculously win tomorrow, then the scum are likely to get 4th as their last game is against Sheff. Utd and Villa are at Palace, but if we were to win the league then who cares.
You have to hope that the Liverpool players would rather us to win the league

augie

Post by augie »

Absolutely zero chance that the scum will take pts off citeeh tomorrow night so I am no deluding myself thinking anything different

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I've been thinking about that recently IW8. There seems to be an overriding lack of animosity towards City, almost an acceptance that they're in a league of their own and therefore entitled to win the league and everything else in fact. The one team with the obvious historic rivalry is Utd, but even with a makeshift side yesterday and no chance of 4th spot, or realistically even 5th, they still did all they could to make it difficult for us. There's no way on earth that spurs would have done that against City if there was nothing to play for.

Let's be honest, in recent years, everyone on here has wanted City rather than Liverpool to win the league, so why would we expect Liverpool to feel differently about us?

It's an odd one with City. Given that without the Arab ownership they'd still be bouncing around the Championship, there ought to be a sense of resentment from other clubs that they've simply bought success, but it doesn't manifest itself. Given that they can out-football anyone, you'd think that teams would resort to kicking them all over the park, as used to happen to us in Wenger's early years, but no one does it. Mind you, back then no one did it to Utd either (although Utd themselves were more than capable of it) and I think that was because everyone was scared of Ferguson and he was also very clever at being matey with teams that posed no threat (remember how fucking sickening it would be to see the likes of Fat Sam sucking up to him?) and they rolled over for Utd as they're doing for City.

It's strange, but there seems to be a simple acceptance that they're the guv'nors and teams have to respect it and give them time to play. It's noticeable that teams in Europe see it differently and that last season was the only time they've won the CL, so they're clearly not invincible.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:35 pm
Absolutely zero chance that the scum will take pts off citeeh tomorrow night so I am no deluding myself thinking anything different
Have you not heard of the word "Hope"?

You are most likely right to think the Scum cannot get Anything from tomorrow nights game against Cheaty. And before you start using terms like Delusional, it is not that, it is 'hope'. You know that slimmest of unlikely possibilities that somehow maybe, beyond all expectations one of those tiny margins that can exist in any situation just might somehow, perhaps, possibly go in our favour.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:39 pm
I've been thinking about that recently IW8. There seems to be an overriding lack of animosity towards City, almost an acceptance that they're in a league of their own and therefore entitled to win the league and everything else in fact. The one team with the obvious historic rivalry is Utd, but even with a makeshift side yesterday and no chance of 4th spot, or realistically even 5th, they still did all they could to make it difficult for us. There's no way on earth that spurs would have done that against City if there was nothing to play for.

Let's be honest, in recent years, everyone on here has wanted City rather than Liverpool to win the league, so why would we expect Liverpool to feel differently about us?

It's an odd one with City. Given that without the Arab ownership they'd still be bouncing around the Championship, there ought to be a sense of resentment from other clubs that they've simply bought success, but it doesn't manifest itself. Given that they can out-football anyone, you'd think that teams would resort to kicking them all over the park, as used to happen to us in Wenger's early years, but no one does it. Mind you, back then no one did it to Utd either (although Utd themselves were more than capable of it) and I think that was because everyone was scared of Ferguson and he was also very clever at being matey with teams that posed no threat (remember how fucking sickening it would be to see the likes of Fat Sam sucking up to him?) and they rolled over for Utd as they're doing for City.

It's strange, but there seems to be a simple acceptance that they're the guv'nors and teams have to respect it and give them time to play. It's noticeable that teams in Europe see it differently and that last season was the only time they've won the CL, so they're clearly not invincible.
I don't think they've ever been particularly hated by anyone over the years, unlike the victims who most people can't stand for reasons on and off the field. I don't think we're particularly hated either apart from by the obvious exceptions, but we're still a big name who the rest like to get one over. Perhaps subconsciously other clubs still don't feel that way about City, despite them winning everything for the past decade.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Loads of tickets becoming available for tomorrow night apparently - Spurs season ticket holders not wanting to go :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:21 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:39 pm

I don't think they've ever been particularly hated by anyone over the years, unlike the victims who most people can't stand for reasons on and off the field. I don't think we're particularly hated either apart from by the obvious exceptions, but we're still a big name who the rest like to get one over. Perhaps subconsciously other clubs still don't feel that way about City, despite them winning everything for the past decade.
Much of that is down to the way they are perceived in the media

Fawning over them, fair enough for plying great football, but a lack of being held to account for destroying the game.

When we were outplaying teams with Rosicky, Febregas et al, we were hated by the press, pushing the southern softies agenda and openly encouraging teams to kick us off the park

If you repeat things often enough ill informed or uneducated people just accept it as being true, it’s called propaganda and brainwashing and it works.

For years Arsenal were lucky, boring, dirty, soft, whatever suits the agenda :censored:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Liverpool :barscarf: :barscarf:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Fucking right up you , you dirty arrogant annoying despicable Argee *word censored* …