Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by SteveO 35 »

Without doubt heading to a final day that Sky will hype to high heaven but it all be done inside 20 minutes

The days of a shock result have long gone

They'll beat the latest team to have given up at the right time for them - it'll be 5 or 6 nil

Not even sure I'll watch now

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It'll be VOMIT Inducing; if it wasn't already:

There will be the Cheaty Wankathon Without even a hint or mention of 115 CHARGES of Illegality

Then of course there will be the liVARpool 'Love In' for Klopp... Just surprised Sky haven't commissioned a statue of him with Ultra-Glow in the dark gnashers Ceeeeuunntt !

We have done Brilliantly this season a Definite Improvement and Up-grade on last Season (*) competing with a Team who operate Outside the same Laws that all other team have to Obey or Get Fined and / or Penalised (toffees and Forest)

(*) Yes, there are definitely areas where we can Improve and Need to improve on (Squad Players especially)... But that applies to everyone...

:goingtobed:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

I think we'll win it next year

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:00 pm
Can’t wait for next season when they win the final 20 games at a canter to make it 6 in a row.

The date for the hearing will still not have been announced and Sky will still be licking the holes off them.

Interesting to see the difference in Carragher when he’s on American tv doing punditry than what he says on sky.

There’s a definite policy at sky not to mention anything negative about city or bring up about the charges for fear it damages their multi billion pound investment.

Quite incredible that a team with that hanging over them can win the competition every single year and nobody bats an eyelid.
Of course there’s a policy. Though its actually quite entertaining watching Sky try to Big Up the latest Man City victory when they know nobody over 10 years old gives a shit, and they know we know that. And we know they know we know that. Etc etc. Witness Neville trying to sell that firmly placed side footed Haaland penalty like it was some prime Alan Shearer rocket. “Oh my God even the top of the net moved!!!!” Yes, that will generally happen when the net is hit by a football, you sell out Manc nitwit.
Last edited by cameron326 on Tue May 14, 2024 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I think it's been a great season. We have been amazing for the majority of it. Away from home it's been superb, just 3 defeats all season, and we were robbed in one of those.
We'll definitely be challenging again next season and with a striker and a Partey replacement we should be even better. The future looks very very good for us.

I wonder if the PL has the balls and the money to actually take C115ty to court or whatever they will call it?

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

Someone get a dodgy lasange sent to the ethiad :D

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I’ll be honest; I’m close to being done with it. If City get away with 115 charges then I’ll never watch a PL game ever again.

I’m so sick of the corruption in the sport. It’s not about losing it’s about the competition of the game and that has well as truly fucking died. The longer the FA allow it then the more they remain complicit.

Fuck the FA, fuck Sky and fuck City.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

I’m actually quite glad that, in all likelihood we will lose the league by 2 points though. While 1 point or GD would fucking suck. 2 points though? Meh.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

December 6th was the last time they lost a game. It’s soul destroying and utterly fucking helpless.

A victim buddy just text me saying now you know how we feel. Rage against the machine, they just can’t be stopped :cry:

They’ll win by 6 or 7 Sunday

Arsenal Till I Die

I respect anyone being optimistic about next year but I don’t see it. City will be allowed to strengthen even more, they still won’t face punishment. It’s all a joke.

The game is dead.

Linighans there!!

Post by Linighans there!! »

Also not even a sniff of a VAR review on KDB on the first goal

Evidence of camel rapist money influence

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 pm
Not sure I can put myself through it all anymore

Can't wait for next Sunday's final whistle

They've killed football and we never have any right again to take the piss out of the SPL, or PSG running away with Ligue 1 again l, or Bayern and their 11 consecutive titles

We now play in the world's most predictable, lawless league

Actually not looking forward to next season and just need to find a replacement in my life for all this. Just isn't worth it anymore

PL is dead. VAR is corrupt. There's a new boring bloated CL for next year

Dull dull dull
I said it for a while - this is actually the last golden season of football.

Next year it really will get a lot worse with the new CL format.

With more European matches City are already guaranteed the PL title.

I have taken out a season ticket at my local non league team and will spend more time there - I have increasingly little interest in trying to get a ticket for the Emirates

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

cameron326 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:22 pm
I’m actually quite glad that, in all likelihood we will lose the league by 2 points though. While 1 point or GD would fucking suck. 2 points though? Meh.
Yeah until you factor in the 2 points that were fucking robbed off us up at Newcastle. It was a disgrace then but it’s a fucking tragedy now.

Arsenal Till I Die

rodders999 wrote:
December 6th was the last time they lost a game. It’s soul destroying and utterly fucking helpless.
It’s not fucking natural.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:23 pm
cameron326 wrote:
Yeah until you factor in the 2 points that were fucking robbed off us up at Newcastle. It was a disgrace then but it’s a fucking tragedy now.
No - we were robbed of 1 point at Newcastle.
We were never winning that but definitely should have got a draw