Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Man Cheaty 115 charges / Everton / Other Corruption Super Thread (merged)

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:33 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:27 pm
I’ve been told City are now trying to do a deal with the Premier League. Premier League aren’t interested.
Tells us everything we need to know. Also, telling that the manager has now started talking about leaving. He knows what's happening, he's as much part of it as anyone else and wants to get out before the bailiffs come in and start seizing things right in front of him.
He will be out before the outcome. He’s planning his exit already.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 8:41 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
I’ve been told City are now trying to do a deal with the Premier League. Premier League aren’t interested.
Tells us everything we need to know. Also, telling that the manager has now started talking about leaving. He knows what's happening, he's as much part of it as anyone else and wants to get out before the bailiffs come in and start seizing things right in front of him.

The talk today is that this will drag on into next year (not next season) - does that sync with what you hearing ? Load of bollix if true

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 8:48 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

The talk today is that this will drag on into next year (not next season) - does that sync with what you hearing ? Load of bollix if true
It will be heard in the Autumn and will go on for about a year. No verdict until Spring 2025. Pep will go next Summer. It’s an open secret they are guilty and are simply stringing it out hoping the Premier League lose the ability to penalise them. The Premier League have won every court case. It hasn’t worked. It has simply increased the punishment.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 9:07 pm
augie wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 8:48 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

It will be heard in the Autumn and will go on for about a year. No verdict until Spring 2025. Pep will go next Summer. It’s an open secret they are guilty and are simply stringing it out hoping the Premier League lose the ability to penalise them. The Premier League have won every court case. It hasn’t worked. It has simply increased the punishment.
There is no time bar, unlike for the UEFA hearings a few years back. So City can drag it out as long as they like, it won't make any difference to the verdicts.

What concerns me is they have the best legal representation in the world. If you are on trial for murder and are a multi billionaire, do you expect to stand a better chance of getting acquitted than a homeless person. Of course you do, even if you are guilty,

In City's case there is the added complication of this being a diplomatic issue as well as a sporting one. The odds are firmly stacked against the right thing being done and really what should be a relegation for them. That's exactly what happened to Juve.

I am an AST member, and was invited onto a zoom chat which Nick Harris of Sporting Intelligence a few months back. He went into detail about everything that City had done over. Nick is an investigative journalist who has been outing them for many years now, the evidence he put out there is damning#

I have seen with my own eyes the emails from a director of City to their sponsors saying we will cover the cost of most of the sponsorship. Coincidence that Etihad is part of the same sovereign wealth fund as City is? This was leaked after City's appeal to CAS overturned UEFA's punishment. City declined to comment.

I would love to be wrong, but City will get away with anything like the punishment they should be handed.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

https://x.com/santismagic/status/1792345766691844560

An essential read.

Let me be clear. City’s defence has been to do everything they can to not actually defend themselves. They don’t want to provide information which proves their innocence as there is none. They can’t prove their innocence. They have obstructed the process at every turn. They will be found guilty of everything in my opinion. Their lawyers have got nowhere in the British legal system. This is the Lance Armstrong of football.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:20 am

An essential read.

Let me be clear. City’s defence has been to do everything they can to not actually defend themselves. They don’t want to provide information which proves their innocence as there is none. They can’t prove their innocence. They have obstructed the process at every turn. They will be found guilty of everything in my opinion. Their lawyers have got nowhere in the British legal system. This is the Lance Armstrong of football.
This isn't a British issue, it's an international one. I agree the evidence is damning, but do you honestly think our judicial system is robust enough to resist some of the best legal minds in the world?

And don't forget, this is deeper than throwing the book at City, its worth potentially billions of pounds to the UK economy. That's why we are not talking level playing fields here.

Almunia is a clown

FUCK THE OIL CHEATING BASTARDS!

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Loads of damming evidence going back years about Oil Cheaty on the Liverpool RAWK forum :barscarf:

Well worth reading even though it will take a while. :rubchin: :box: :blah:

Bollox to the cheating bastards! :barscarf:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/in ... sg19458717

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:31 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

An essential read.

This isn't a British issue, it's an international one. I agree the evidence is damning, but do you honestly think our judicial system is robust enough to resist some of the best legal minds in the world?

And don't forget, this is deeper than throwing the book at City, its worth potentially billions of pounds to the UK economy. That's why we are not talking level playing fields here.
Let me again be very clear.

The Premier League rules are not a court process. City however have tried to argue that the rules are unlawful. They have failed. Several times. City will be found guilty.

Politically you would need a government that overrules the Premier League and lets City off. Who does the next Prime Minister of the UK support? I’ll give you a clue. He is a season ticket holder at the Emirates.

augie

Post by augie »

Again buddy I will say that I would have a lot more confidence in this process if citeeh were not able to drag this out so easily - how can anyone be confident that the premier league will dish out proper justice if they cant even get them to a hearing ?? It will be 18 months from the time they were first charged before verdicts come down - people have faced murder trials quicker ffs :banghead: :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:16 am
Again buddy I will say that I would have a lot more confidence in this process if citeeh were not able to drag this out so easily - how can anyone be confident that the premier league will dish out proper justice if they cant even get them to a hearing ?? It will be 18 months from the time they were first charged before verdicts come down - people have faced murder trials quicker ffs :banghead: :banghead:
Our legal system allows this. A bit like cases regarding asylum seekers, there are a myriad of ways to frustrate a simple process. The Premier League aren’t to blame here. But the actual hearing is close.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:02 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:31 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

An essential read.

Let me again be very clear.

The Premier League rules are not a court process. City however have tried to argue that the rules are unlawful. They have failed. Several times. City will be found guilty.

Politically you would need a government that overrules the Premier League and lets City off. Who does the next Prime Minister of the UK support? I’ll give you a clue. He is a season ticket holder at the Emirates.
A change in government is probably the only slight chance there is of City being found guilty.
The current UK government is nearly as corrupt as the Arabs which is one reason why City have been able to spin things out so long.

I think increasingly the problem here is how the PL come out of all this with their brand not tarnished.
It will be an interesting year ahead for sure. Something has got to give.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

:D It's all coming out now. More and more broadcasters, publications and companies talking about it. Has there been a legal development in recent days that means they have no hiding place any more?

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Tue May 21, 2024 10:40 am
:D It's all coming out now. More and more broadcasters, publications and companies talking about it. Has there been a legal development in recent days that means they have no hiding place any more?
Except all the c.unts with a vested interest - Sly, Motd, Tnt. Barely a fucking mention.

Once one of those jump on board, it's game over :twisted:

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 am
augie wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:16 am
Our legal system allows this. A bit like cases regarding asylum seekers, there are a myriad of ways to frustrate a simple process. The Premier League aren’t to blame here. But the actual hearing is close.

This is where it confuses me - on one hand you are saying that this is a football case and nothing to do with law of the land, and then a while later you are saying that they can hold it up cos of the uk legal system, so you can see the contradiction there right ?