Cesc is Out Of Control....The Witch Hunt Continues...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Lethal

Cesc is Out Of Control....The Witch Hunt Continues...

Post by Lethal »

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/2 ... ipper.html

CESC FABREGAS has been branded arrogant and out of control - by his own Arsenal team-mates.

And while his behaviour has created shockwaves inside the Emirates Stadium, the situation is being monitored closely back in his Spanish homeland.

The signals have been picked up at Barcelona - where Fabregas began his career as a trainee.

Sources close to the Catalan giants are now convinced the midfielder has set his heart on rejoining the club he has supported since he was a toddler.

Reports in his native Barca claim that his recent spat with Hull officials after the Gunners' stormy 2-1 FA Cup quarter-final victory have further affected his state of mind. Barcelona are briefing the Spanish media that Fabregas believes there is a witch hunt against him as part of a campaign to drive him away from Arsenal.

Back in England, there is an entirely different notion. Within the confines of the Emirates, insiders have detected a marked change in Fabregas's attitude since he returned victorious from Spain's success in last summer's European Championships.

TO HULL AND BACK - Cesc Fabregas (right) after Hull's League win over Arsenal earlier this season
TO HULL AND BACK - Cesc Fabregas (right) after Hull's League win over Arsenal earlier this season

A Gunners insider told us: "Fabregas has changed since he came back from the European Championships. It's as if he thinks he's made it because Spain won.

"It was the same with Thierry Henry in his last season - but at least Henry had won everything and had a right to swagger around. People are scared to confront Fabregas in case they upset him and he decides to walk in the summer.

"But as far as most of the players are concerned, he's going anyway and there is a real arrogance to him now."

What do you think? Leave your comments below

There is a growing belief amongst Arsenal players and officials that his swagger is threatening the dressing room harmony.

The Arsenal source said: "Fabregas is almost a law unto himself. He walks around like he owns the place and that's put more than a few noses out of joint.

"A lot of the players think he'll be off in the summer to Barcelona - or maybe even Real Madrid - and that he's just swaggering around until he goes.

"The problem is, he gets away with it. There were a lot of people at the club who were surprised when he was allowed to go back to Spain for several weeks to do his injury rehabilitation because it's normally a strict policy that rehab is overseen by Arsenal medical staff."

The player's father, Francesc Fabregas Snr insisted his son "is very happy at Arsenal" before adding: "But there are a thousand conditions to be considered.

"He has always said that Arsene Wenger is one of the fundamental things for him to be there.

"When Florentino (Perez) was at Real Madrid four years ago they came to us and put a lot of money on the table but we said 'No'.

"We decided that it was not the right moment then for Cesc to make the change. You have to take everything into consideration - money is not everything."

While manager Arsene Wenger has publicly defended his club captain, there are other senior officials at Arsenal who are concerned at the Spaniard's attitude.

And there is a feeling at Arsenal the club will not be able to match the £120,000-a-week wages that would be on offer at the Nou Camp.

Wenger has insisted on basic parity amongst top earners - like Emmanuel Adebayor and William Gallas - of around £90,000 so as not to create any ill-feeling in the dressing room.
Agent

But that figure is unlikely to satisfy Fabregas, 21, who knows the La Liga giants will do everything they can to lure him home.

Significantly, Wenger is already looking to strengthen his midfield department - with Fiorentina's Felipe Melo seen as a possible replacement.

The young Brazilian has been watched several times in recent week and has confirmed: "I know about the interest from teams like Arsenal and Juventus but I prefer to leave these matters in the hands of my agent and only think about playing football."

Wenger will not let Fabregas leave willingly. But he will need to use all his powers of persuasion to calm the storm which is brewing inside his dressing room. Ultimately, the solution lies with Fab himself.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Lets hope this is just press tittle tattle.

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

un-named sources :roll: shit news paper, bullshit story, not worth our time to discuss it further.

pixie

Post by pixie »

It`s the NOTW......enough said! :roll:

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

Load of horseshit, Wenger said he would not keep a player who doesn't want to be here, NOTW - :awnker:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

News of the World :lol:

yeah my pet gerbils could write for that rag....

Like even they believe the claim!!

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

I said before his injury that i think he will be playing in Spain next season.Not because he is big headed and wants to leave but our lack of ambition.why would he want to stay at a club whose sole ambition is to finish 4th.

gusher311

Post by gusher311 »

I don't believe this story at all! Stupid fucking journalists just making shit up during international break :banghead: :banghead:

CelticTiger

Post by CelticTiger »

Barca payed them to write that

bullshit story

Btw,i cant have an avatar for sum reason

Yes yes,off topic :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

This is a mixture of things....

1) International week, it's the same every single international week. The rags come out with stories of an arsenal player wanting to leave blah blah blah. As was said before, no concrete evidence just the usual bullshit 'an insider' or 'a club source', those two are an excuse to print what you like without ever having to qualify it.

2) We all know Fab will go to Spain one day, quite possibly next season, and if he does the NOTW will reprint their back page from today and say 'WE TOLD YOU SO, NOTW FIRST AGAIN'.

The thing is, if you continually print shite, sooner or later the law of averages says something will kind of come true and you can sing your own praises, and that's what they'll do. It's utter rubbish and shouldn't be believed by anyone.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

yeah but did you also note that one of the only actual quotes attributed to our No.4 was when he spoke yesterday sayin "I never gave my word I would join Real Madrid, if AW asks me to stay I'm sure I will" :!:

Radford149

Post by Radford149 »

U.F.G Anfield '89 wrote:un-named sources :roll: shit news paper, bullshit story, not worth our time to discuss it further.
Radford agrees another quality bit of crap from a papaer of crap

Nice_Guy

Post by Nice_Guy »

I refer you all to what I said about the Bendtner quotes
Nice_Guy wrote:Before reading the below, can I suggest to those who jumped on Bendtners back on this take the following friendly advice in future:

Dont take what The News of The World newspaper writes as truth even if you dont like the player in question

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

news of the world should look to sponser the spuds.

two *word censored* together :lol:

Exiled-Gooner

Post by Exiled-Gooner »

same old crap from a crap paper,it's international week and so there usual crap comes out.how the f**k do there get away with it,article on arseblog puts it right and says it all for me,everything there write is bollocks. :evil: