5000 new season tickets???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
slevinlacey

5000 new season tickets???

Post by slevinlacey »

is it true Arsenal are allocating 5000 more seats for new season ticket holders?? Will make it tougher for you silver members and near enough impossible for red for some of the big games. Heard a few people talking about this on Sunday!!

If this has already been mentioned sorry.

digger

Post by digger »

Where will these be? Club level? I assume there will be a lot of people not renewing, both in club and in the normal seats.... I can see them fencing off an area of club level, getting rid of the free beer, and selling them for halfway between a normal ST and a Club Level membership...... would there be much demand for semi-premium seating?

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: 5000 new season tickets???

Post by franksav63 »

slevinlacey wrote:is it true Arsenal are allocating 5000 more seats for new season ticket holders?? Will make it tougher for you silver members and near enough impossible for red for some of the big games. Heard a few people talking about this on Sunday!!

If this has already been mentioned sorry.
Not really, Basil has come up on the season ticket waiting list, but 5000, is a huge number, probably a sign of the times in today's climate.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

I have to say I doubt the club will be adding that many more season tickets as in the long run this will lose the club money.

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

I heard it was something to do with struggling to sell out some of the matches, so with the extra 5000 guaranteed will help the club out plus a lot more money into Arsenals bank account at the start of the season.

If it is true, is bad news for a lot of fans apart from the 5000 who get lucky. I hope it is just a rumour but wouldnt surprise me!!!

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

HIS TANS FROM A CAN

HIS SON SNIFFS FROM THE CAN

WHERE HIS DAD PHIL

GETS HIS TAN

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

digger wrote:Where will these be? Club level? I assume there will be a lot of people not renewing, both in club and in the normal seats.... I can see them fencing off an area of club level, getting rid of the free beer, and selling them for halfway between a normal ST and a Club Level membership...... would there be much demand for semi-premium seating?
What about the blocks above the away fans corner? Always though they could release those as ST seats.

They must have allocated more otherwise they wouldn't be offering them now.

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

again this is not official just what a few people mentioned but definately wouldnt surprise me!!

Josh

Post by Josh »

Glitch33 wrote: What about the blocks above the away fans corner? Always though they could release those as ST seats.

They must have allocated more otherwise they wouldn't be offering them now.
Doubt they can release those blocks. Like the lower tier behind the south goal these are reserved for when away clubs bring a large number of supporters in the Cup eg. Cardiff this season.

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

Since Xmas the ground has seemed more empty, but I think 5000 extra season tickets is a little optimistic.

Sounds like the b*llshit rumourmill again.

(BTW - the upper corners of the ground are part-allocated for staff/friends & family)

alanalansunderland

Post by alanalansunderland »

I don't know where this info is coming from but its completely wrong.

The club are 'pleasantly surprised' by the renewal rate on the boxes and the club level and they have a waiting list for the spaces that do occur.

The actual turnover on renewals of ground season tickets last season was around 500, so I reckon this might increase but not by much.

Info from the supporters forum on Saturday.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

The thing is alanalan, I have been advised already that I am being promoted to gold next season, when they dont know yet how many season ticket holders are relinquishing their membership (see my other thread).

So they must have released more season tickets? :?:

http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/view ... sc&start=0

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

How can Eduardo and Silvestre be injured again? Wenger is so protective of his players , a bruise is serious to him.

The blame lies with him either it's his training methods or he gives the players too much recovery time for small knocks.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Irish Gooner wrote:How can Eduardo and Silvestre be injured again? Wenger is so protective of his players , a bruise is serious to him.

The blame lies with him either it's his training methods or he gives the players too much recovery time for small knocks.
How on earth can it be Wenger's fault when both got injured last night?

Is Wenger to blame for Swine flu too?

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Gunnersaurus wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:How can Eduardo and Silvestre be injured again? Wenger is so protective of his players , a bruise is serious to him.

How on earth can it be Wenger's fault when both got injured last night?

Is Wenger to blame for Swine flu too?
No, but he's to blame for that greedy swine and fluke Ade still being at the club!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink: