Is the gap really that wide?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

123456arsenal wrote:Liar! Adebayor never works hard! seriously this season our players have not been up for the fight al all. I would end the season thropheyless and yes be frustrated but to know that the players weren't giving it 100%(like adebayor) or just weren't ANYWHERE near good enough(song etc) just pisses me off. Everything pisses me off with this club just like we would sign a crock from our rivals and there that's our derence.
Cesc didnt put anything in tonight. He was lazy, slow off the break, unwilling to close down but I dont hear him being slagged off for a lack of effort. I reckon it was due to fatigue but still. LAY OFF ADEBAYOR, preety easy to slag of a guy who everyone hates. People expect him to run round the pitch like a mad man because he is on 80 grand or whatever it is. When we are playing 4-5-1 thats a stupid thing to do. We would have no-one upfront and would invite pressure on ourselves. Ade had nothing to do tonight, he wasnt given any sevice.
I would understand if we were going 4-4-2 but as he was our only attacking option tonight Im glad he wasnt running round like a looney

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

is the gap that wide? its massive! and its all about money.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

tinpot lane wrote:
123456arsenal wrote:Liar! Adebayor never works hard! seriously this season our players have not been up for the fight al all. I would end the season thropheyless and yes be frustrated but to know that the players weren't giving it 100%(like adebayor) or just weren't ANYWHERE near good enough(song etc) just pisses me off. Everything pisses me off with this club just like we would sign a crock from our rivals and there that's our derence.
Is that a joke? :lol: :oops:

No the Joke was Diaby and Mr 80k a week.And our manager not seeing they are fucking SHITE

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

123456arsenal wrote:You beg to differ? when was the last time you saw Adebayor chace a game? rooney and tevez work their socks off but our attackers are lazy and static. I dont get what people see in Song would you swap him for:

Mascherano-yes of course you would
carrick-he can actually pass a ball
essien-makes song look like a league 1 player

Oh but he'll come good right? :roll:
yeh but then livepool think
Clichy- you would
Sagna- you would
Arshavin- you would over kuyt/babel

your picking out the best players.
Thats like saying
Messi- you would
Ronaldo- you would

mascherano, carrick and essien (especially) would make almost an team in the world. Not just us :banghead:

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

123456arsenal wrote:You beg to differ? when was the last time you saw Adebayor chace a game? rooney and tevez work their socks off but our attackers are lazy and static. I dont get what people see in Song would you swap him for:

Mascherano-yes of course you would
carrick-he can actually pass a ball
essien-makes song look like a league 1 player

Oh but he'll come good right? :roll:

I agree with Adebayor but you can't say the players didn't try tonight and haven't all season. That's a load of bollocks

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

The first post bigs up Anderson,Macheda and Wellbeck , 2 of whom didn't play and are nothing special and the other is shit enough as well.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Magic Hat wrote:Too many people had a bad day, Ade worked hard but was lacking his usual strength, Walcott couldn't get on the ball, Cesc was poor, Nasri vanished. If Arsene resists his recent urge to do something stupid in big games and one or two players buck up their idea's, we can win.
I mean this in the nicest possible way but you are a fucking mentallist if you really believe that!

Fucking. MENTAL.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Adebayor was a fucking disgrace, but then how many times has that been said this season. Performs when he's bothered his arse which is rarely.
Last edited by Irish Gooner on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digger

Post by digger »

tinpot lane wrote:
Is that a joke? :lol: :oops:
I believe mr 123456 may just be a "munich bastard" in a clever disguise.

How anyone can even consider Anderson anywhere near the level of Anderson is laughable. He's shit, did nothing tonight, and his corners were misplaced, but whipped in - the best thing he did for them all night.

That italian kid got a load of column inches because he scored a last minute winner - this somehow means our youth is overlooked and not good enough? Ffs, Gibbs was our best player tonight, our youth team has got to the latter stages of the carling cup every season for the last four year :lol:

digger

Post by digger »

Irish Gooner wrote:Adebayor was a fucking disgrace, but then how many times has that been said this said. Performs when he's bothered his arse which is rarely.
Nice to see Wenger actually take him off for once. Hopefully the *word censored* will stay off permanently now.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Gooner Jim wrote: Cesc didnt put anything in tonight. He was lazy, slow off the break, unwilling to close down but I dont hear him being slagged off for a lack of effort. I reckon it was due to fatigue but still. LAY OFF ADEBAYOR, preety easy to slag of a guy who everyone hates. People expect him to run round the pitch like a mad man because he is on 80 grand or whatever it is. When we are playing 4-5-1 thats a stupid thing to do. We would have no-one upfront and would invite pressure on ourselves. Ade had nothing to do tonight, he wasnt given any sevice.
I would understand if we were going 4-4-2 but as he was our only attacking option tonight Im glad he wasnt running round like a looney
To be honest, I can't get angry with Ade anymore because he is what he is. He never suprises you... he either frustrates and scores goals, or just frustrates.... so, I've just learnt to accepted him for the type of player he is.

Anyway, I don't think he's cut out for the lone striker role.

You need certain attributes to be an effective lone striker, and Ade doesn't possess them.

He's quick BUT doesn't have the intelligence of Torres to make the clever runs, or the quick movement that loses the defender. He plays like a plank.

He's big and strong BUT doesn't have the presence or will to win of Drogba to bully the defenders and make things happen.

And, of course, he doesn't have the individual brilliance of an Henry to get on with it himself. He needs quality service or he's useless.

He's almost like a big, friendly giant... which combined with his lack of intelligence, makes him a bit of a lost puppy in the lone striker role.

I'm not totally knocking him as he can and will score goals if he's given chances... BUT he needs a strike partner!

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Performance tonight was bad, was in fact awful. The difference between Adebayor this season and last is massive especially away from home, the lack of runs of the ball and the lack of actually running at the defenders.

Wenger needs to rest the team this saturday, so next tuesday we play at 100 miles an hour for the whole 90 and I will feel United will feel the pace in the last 20 minutes.

The criticism of Wenger being a mad man is insane. We dont have the financial power of the Chavs who can buy numerous defenders for 15m plus, look at Ferreira. If we bought Ferreira for 23m you would be slating Wenger. Anyone can throw 20m at a player and keep trying until you find the right player.

Hope the negative posters aint at the game on Tuesday because you sound like the boo boys. Need to generate an electic atmosphere and im confident with a bit of luck we can score 3, lets hope the defence play their part!!!

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE:

£30.75m - Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham - Man United)
£30m - Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan - Chelsea)
£29.1m - Rio Ferdinand (Leeds - Man United)
£28.1m - Juan Sebastian Veron (Lazio - Man United)
£27m - Wayne Rooney (Everton - Man United)
£24.4m - Michael Essien (Lyon - Chelsea)
£24m - Didier Drogba (Marseille - Chelsea)
£21m - Shaun Wright-Phillips (Man City - Chelsea)

CANT WAIT FOR THE BUBBLE TO BURST

Rob

Post by Rob »

Surely the obvious point is this :-

To win a match like this all our players have to turn up and play their hearts out - ALL OF THEM. Not just Almunia and Gibbs.

By contrast Utd can let Tevez sit on the half way line and do the Telegraph's Crossword and as long as Rooney, Berbatov and Ronaldo perform, it doesn't - won't - matter.

We don't have that luxury. This was our biggest game since Paris in the CL final. Don't give me the Gallas/Cliche absence bollox :evil: :evil:

Wenger tells us that our players are "ready" ?? "focused" ?? "winners "?????????????????

Not tonight they weren't. So stop clutching at straws and offering feeble 'Arsene knows' excuses.

Almunia Gibbs and Toure apart that was utter Tat - :evil: :evil: :evil:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

it is a worry the amount of criticism wenger is getting, he is the only person that i would worry if they left the club. need to get behind our manager boys!!!