Barca away ticket problems

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
southampton gooner

Barca away ticket problems

Post by southampton gooner »

Any one else have trouble getting travel/ticket booked for Barca away ? I tried to book on line via T Cook but it told me my son didn't have enough credits. So i phoned AFC who said he does (I know) so i give them payment, passport details etc and they say "they will contact me soon to confirm" an hour later they phone and ask what airport :?: and tell me again they will confirm. It's now 9pm and no phone call or e-mail. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Anyone else had problems :?:
Why cant they just confirm while I'm on the phone :?:

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

Log into your account you booked the tickets on and look on Away points or booking history and see if you can see it on there.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Bought the ticket through the travel club and the Thomas Cook side of things has let me down. Belled them and they were blaming Arsenal.....
I think they call this progress, at least you can see where all the over priced Euro trip money gets spent on, one of Del Boys websites no doubt.

RVP2

Post by RVP2 »

Same happend to me, don't know why. Booked my match ticket over the phone and have to get the flights in the morning, very disapointing.

worthing gooner

Thomas Cook website still causing havoc. Still stating the client does not qualify yet managed to buy a ticket yesterday. Phoned TC and Arsenal 4 times and still not confirmed..
May have a ticket and no travel.
Brilliant

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

worthing gooner wrote:Thomas Cook website still causing havoc. Still stating the client does not qualify yet managed to buy a ticket yesterday. Phoned TC and Arsenal 4 times and still not confirmed..
May have a ticket and no travel.
Brilliant
Go to www.sportops.com worthing. if travel throught the club fails, then these guys are offering almost the same thing. can recommend these guys.

worthing gooner

Cheers Galasso.
Nice one

Thierry Fabregas

Post by Thierry Fabregas »

I have had similar problems, particularly as my son cannot travel and so had to get the club to allow a mate (who attends more games than my son anyway) to travel.

Anyway, I think that there is a very simple reason or reasons that the booking proceedure is so screwed up:

Firstly Arsenal don't have any tickets or details of allocation (other than numbers) from Barca yet.

Secondly, judging by the fact there are no flight times or details, there are no flights booked yet (SERIOUSLY!!). The draw was only made on Friday and therefore the club/Thomas Cook have only had two full working days to get things organised.

It is not a simple matter chartering a fleet of planes at short notice!!!

Anyway I have a confirmation that says that the club and Thomas Cook have:

1. Taken my £574.
2. That they reserve the right to increase the price (for repositioning!!)
3. Use flights at any time they like!!
4. Cancel the deal!!

What exactly have they confirmed?

THEY HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF MONEY (I BET THE TRANSACTION HAS ALREADY GONE THROUGH) AND THEY MIGHT GET ME TO BARCA!!

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Thierry Fabregas wrote:I have had similar problems, particularly as my son cannot travel and so had to get the club to allow a mate (who attends more games than my son anyway) to travel.

Anyway, I think that there is a very simple reason or reasons that the booking proceedure is so screwed up:

Firstly Arsenal don't have any tickets or details of allocation (other than numbers) from Barca yet.

Secondly, judging by the fact there are no flight times or details, there are no flights booked yet (SERIOUSLY!!). The draw was only made on Friday and therefore the club/Thomas Cook have only had two full working days to get things organised.

It is not a simple matter chartering a fleet of planes at short notice!!!

Anyway I have a confirmation that says that the club and Thomas Cook have:

1. Taken my £574.
2. That they reserve the right to increase the price (for repositioning!!)
3. Use flights at any time they like!!
4. Cancel the deal!!

What exactly have they confirmed?

THEY HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF MONEY (I BET THE TRANSACTION HAS ALREADY GONE THROUGH) AND THEY MIGHT GET ME TO BARCA!!
That is absolutely shit mate. This all goes back to UEFA's decision to leave so little time between draw and game, esp considering these fall around easter and school holidays.

Anyway, I guess it won't be cancelled as take up will be good due to high prices now elsewhere.

Thierry Fabregas

I see that the club is now saying that the trip from Gatwick is SOLD OUT. They talk about the FLIGHT being sold out but that they are looking to secure a bigger plane!! Does that mean that there is one smallish plane flying from Gatwick. So that is going to carry 200 people out of 4600!!

Even if there are three planes flying from Luton that would allow just 800 out of 4600 people to fly with the club.

That leaves 3800 people to find their way independently to Barca.

I think there are going to be an awful lot of Gonners witha match ticket but no feasible way of getting to Barcelona.

The meaningless confirmation I was sent had better be honoured :evil:

Thierry Fabregas

q]Log into your account you booked the tickets on and look on Away points or booking history and see if you can see it on there. [q

That doesn't work. I gave all my details yesterady around 3:15pm and got a confirmation around 7pm but the booking doesn't show up on your history, which is hardly surprising given the issues I have highlighted above.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

fucking hell lads, all sounds pretty bad and very shabbily organised. Hope you all get across to barca, have a class day out and come home in the semi finals

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I see that Thomas Cook were taking bookings then kind of opted out and said you'd need to book via the club.....professional huh!

And now they say that they are "thinking about" putting on an extra flight from Luton but that to stand a chance of getting on this flight, which may never happen, you need to fill in an application form which commits you to paying for it if it does happen.... but leaves you high and dry if it doesn't!

Surely they realised that:
a) Barcelona was one of only 7 opponents we could have got
b) that it would be "quite a popular" trip
c) that its not the easiest place to get to....

Eh, Sunderland fella.....I hope you realise how lucky you are that you don't have these worries....!!!

LuckyRedGString

Post by LuckyRedGString »

If any one is stuck, Mr LuckyRed are drving and have offered a lift to anyone who doesnt mind shipping in for some petrol.

Leave Monday back late thurs

It a big car so can take up to 3 people.

* saw you message Mr G let me know how you get on *

Thierry Fabregas

STILL no progress from Tuesday for those that have booked and have a confirmation of sorts

The club have my money and have already put up a notice that Gatwick flight was sold out before reopening bookings when they got a larger or additional plane but STILL no news on when the flight out is.

I don't really care when the flight back after the game is. It can leave Barcelona at anytime but as I am expecting a very early morning flight and need to arrange to get to Gatwick it would be nice to know when I need to be there in 12 days time!!!