Barcelona vs Arsenal thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

More bad news I'm afraid.....................

........forecast is 17 degrees with a little bit of sunshine so I'm thinking that my XXXL bermuda shorts might make their first appearance of the season :? !!

Look out senoritas.....MK Gould is on his way.....!!

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

gusher311 wrote:If Zlatan is out we have a real shot at this. If we show up i think we can beat them 2-1 :barscarf: :barscarf:
Think I'd have preferred Ibrahimovic up against TV and Sol, just think a forward line of Bojan,Pedro and Messi means so much f'ing movement around our back line and as OK as Sol has been, he's never been that mobile.

Just hope that his old defensive brain is in full gear. A good early defensive smack into one of their forwards will do his nerves a world of good.

Also hope the ref doesn't keep falling for Barca players rolling around looking for free kicks.

I think we'll get a draw but sadly it will be a low scoring one so not enoguh.

Come on lads prove me wrong, give the best defensive display of your lives and nick it in the 92nd minute with a diving Sol header from a set piece.1-2

COYG :barscarf: :barscarf:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

3-3 and i get to collect my 500 bottles of Sangria from Eboue-Why ? :barscarf:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Barce two goal hero OUT

Nice one

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

YESSS!! ibra out!! whatchu people talkin about..ibra out being a bad thing!

its brilliant, now we really just have to worry about messi and iniesta. no puyol no pique no ibra . if we dont take this, Daim.

GunnerDude

Post by GunnerDude »

euphoricone wrote:YESSS!! ibra out!! whatchu people talkin about..ibra out being a bad thing!

its brilliant, now we really just have to worry about messi and iniesta. no puyol no pique no ibra . if we dont take this, Daim.
Think again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjmEfM1 ... r_embedded plus Iniesta may not be fit either.

aw

Post by aw »

It'll be 6-0 to us Theo with a 1st half hatrick and Bendtner with a 2nd half hatrick .

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :corkbarry: :corkbarry: :corkbarry: :corkbarry: :corkbarry:

I'm sure we will win. :barscarf:

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

United were lacking Ferdinand and Vidic, they played johnny evans and WES BROWN at cb and still came away with a 3-1 victory at the emirates. I would like to think they are weaker without puyol and pique at the back but i just cant believe this, also i read somewhere they played the champions league final without puyol...

If we are to win, we need nasri diaby and walcott to perform. I cant see the barca defence giving bendtner any room to do anything whatsoever, and without arshavin and cesc ( our main men, frankly) i foresee us giving it a fight, but not coming out with the desired result.

I will nevertheless hope and wish for a miracle. Beating the best side in europe without our best defender, midfielder and striker ... boy that would be something.

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

pressure is only on the spaniards
we've nothing to lose
and guardiola is a crap manager, he's able to get lose by himself
just watch at 1st leg...only a fool switched an impressive ibra for a still-gunner TH14...
well, the 2 teams are different for quality but
you'll never know if footy facts...

C'monnnnn The Arsenal!!!

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Will be a heroic win for Arsenal. 1-0 and Bendtner to score.

WGallasFC

Post by WGallasFC »

i'm not worried, whatever happens happens. Nobody expects us to win i just hope we dont get thrashed.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Iniesta is definitely out for Tuesday :barscarf:

Yaya Toure is also very doubtful as well.

Blimey, even I'm feeling a little optimistic!! I have a feeling Theo could be our hero a la Henry against Madrid........... 8)

GallasVoice

Post by GallasVoice »

I'll predict 2-2, Arsenal to lose on penalties.

whiteknight

Post by whiteknight »

Keep the faith! 8)

1-0 to the Arsenal........

Almunia,

Sagna, Vermaelen, Song, Clichy,

Walcott, Nasri, Denilson, Diaby, Rosisky,

Bendtner.

Or there's always the secret weapon.......EE.....Emmanuel Eboue

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/playe ... nuel-eboue

....even he doesn't know what he's going to do before he does it!!!! :lol:

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

GunnerDude wrote:
euphoricone wrote:YESSS!! ibra out!! whatchu people talkin about..ibra out being a bad thing!

Think again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjmEfM1 ... r_embedded plus Iniesta may not be fit either.
Yes..my apologies...Xavi and messi then.