People who want wenger out ...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

donaldo wrote:
augie wrote:
donaldo wrote:
SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Clear this lot out

Alumunia
Flappy
Mannone
Sagna
Silvestre
Eboue
Diaby
Senderos
Merida
Denilson
Bendtner
Eduardo
Vela
Gilbert
Randall

Too right Sammy and i would add Walcott to that list

Walcott yes but there is no way in the world that I would sell sagna who I still believe is the best defensive right back we have had for many a year 8)
First season yes but no one is going to tell me he hasnt gone backwards over the last two
That's Denilson isn't it! :lol: :lol: ........ :shock: :oops: :roll:

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Ok for the keep it simple stupid approach. I go to every game home and away, but have missed 3 games this year, ( Fulham Chavs and Brum ).

For those of you that know me or not , im very vocal in my views towards the players and management and just not prepared to accept what i see anymore.

Im in the Wenger,s last season group, either fix what is clearly wrong. As every fan can see what is going wrong and i doubt Wenger is that blind ?

If you cant buy the fix then the board need to tell us the truth and stop bullshitting the fans about money issues.

Its time for the stubborn streek to stop Mr Wenger and buy quality, the loyal fans who follow this club deserve it now.

one final note, this season i decided to to do a spread sheet on cost following Arsenal this year, I take my 19 year old son with me as you all know as Twat. Bearing in mind i live in Bristol but have free rail travel because of my work, so including food, drink, flights, hotels, tube, tickets etc i am up to £12000 so far this season.

But if Wengers persists with his toy / youth project next year i will just walk away from it all at the end of next year. Its been said before a choreographer he maybe a tactician NOT...

Over to you Arsene :?:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

jamjc64 wrote:Ok for the keep it simple stupid approach. I go to every game home and away, but have missed 3 games this year, ( Fulham Chavs and Brum ).

For those of you that know me or not , im very vocal in my views towards the players and management and just not prepared to accept what i see anymore.

Im in the Wenger,s last season group, either fix what is clearly wrong. As every fan can see what is going wrong and i doubt Wenger is that blind ?

If you cant buy the fix then the board need to tell us the truth and stop bullshitting the fans about money issues.

Its time for the stubborn streek to stop Mr Wenger and buy quality, the loyal fans who follow this club deserve it now.

one final note, this season i decided to to do a spread sheet on cost following Arsenal this year, I take my 19 year old son with me as you all know as Twat. Bearing in mind i live in Bristol but have free rail travel because of my work, so including food, drink, flights, hotels, tube, tickets etc i am up to £12000 so far this season.

But if Wengers persists with his toy / youth project next year i will just walk away from it all at the end of next year. Its been said before a choreographer he maybe a tactician NOT...

I believe this is a nessascity sadly.
Not caused by Arsene but partly due to the move.

Yes the board lied to us saying that it wouldn't impact but the fact are Wengers stopped spending. He used too so why now? The Project!
So why did the Project start in the first place given the succesful team we had? We were invincible!

Reason is we need to sell to continue the club.
So the break of the team up happend. So why not just keep the likes of Henry etc...
Well there comes a time were you have to take the money otherwise we loose him (later down the line) for free.
I think we all wanted to see Henry stay but what if he didn't go he'd still be here? maybe I probably wouldn't argue with that! :lol: The sad fact is Henry probably bought Sagna and Eddie.

The money from sales is used to invest (Manly in future players)and the cycle continues. It's the same reason reason why we don't appear to buy in experience players....unless there cheap or free and are over 34!!! :roll:

VforVictory

Post by VforVictory »

augie wrote:
donaldo wrote:

Alumunia
Flappy
Mannone
Sagna
Silvestre
Eboue
Diaby
Senderos
Merida
Denilson
Bendtner
Eduardo
Vela
Gilbert
Randall

Walcott yes but there is no way in the world that I would sell sagna who I still believe is the best defensive right back we have had for many a year 8)
I would keep Sagna but encourage him to keep concentrating.

Eboue is worth a place in the squad. Who else can be backup right back? Gavin Hoyte? Not sure he is ready yet.

Walcott deserves more time we are seeing more regular quality from him now.

And, as crazy as it may seem to most, I would keep Denilson in the squad for another year. He is limited, but until the likes of Coquelin and Frimpong are ready, better the devil you know.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

VforVictory wrote:
augie wrote:
donaldo wrote:

Alumunia
Flappy
Mannone
Sagna
Silvestre
Eboue
Diaby
Senderos
Merida
Denilson
Bendtner
Eduardo
Vela
Gilbert
Randall

I would keep Sagna but encourage him to keep concentrating.

Eboue is worth a place in the squad. Who else can be backup right back? Gavin Hoyte? Not sure he is ready yet.

Walcott deserves more time we are seeing more regular quality from him now.

And, as crazy as it may seem to most, I would keep Denilson in the squad for another year. He is limited, but until the likes of Coquelin and Frimpong are ready, better the devil you know.
Agree I'd rather strenthen on what we have as we're too light in midfield in numbers.

skipper

Post by skipper »

donaldo wrote:
augie wrote:
donaldo wrote:

Alumunia
Flappy
Mannone
Sagna
Silvestre
Eboue
Diaby
Senderos
Merida
Denilson
Bendtner
Eduardo
Vela
Gilbert
Randall

First season yes but no one is going to tell me he hasnt gone backwards over the last two
Arsene Wenger would :D

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

jamjc64 wrote: £12000 so far this season.
Holy shit......fair play to you.

I have to say, unlike a fair few on here i live in the real world and so , thankfully, does Arsene. Regardless of weather you jerk off with your right hand or your left hand football is a business now and thats that. We do not have the money to buy all the talent and replacement that we are in need of. People need to realise that this purchase of the new stadium will allow us to compete with the other big players eventually, not straight away. the effing debt has to be paid off first, then we get to reap the benefits.

All players have to start off somewhere, so tell me this if Wenger bought in a bunch of poeple you had never heard of and won the league you'd be creaming your pants, but when it fails all I hear is we need a messi or dudec or socrates or bekenbauer(sp?) (you get my point). Those players had to start somewhere so why not be Arsenal as it is were finishing top 4 on a regular basis against other clubs that behave in the exact way that some people want us to.

The crap the board comes out with is spin, you as a fan should know that. We have to look like a club with loads of money to spend and appear to be comfortable with manure's and the chavs being cash rich, so for a skint club like Arsenal the only way to do that is lie.

Virtually all incoming managers like to spend and that would not sit right with the board, so for that Wenger needs to stay at least until we win the title that way an incoming manager will not need to make so many changes

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I've been a ST holder for 30 years and have been going to the Arsenal since 1971 when I was a wee nipper!

Bottom line is I would like to see Arsene walk away as I truly believe he will not win another trophy for us. That is because I think he aims for two trophies a year...CL and PL, both of which are tough to win and our current squad is not going to achieve this. I do not believe that Wenger WANTS to spend money, I think he wants to do things his way and his way only, he has ALWAYS said he does not like to buy established stars, he likes to make them. He is a dictator of sorts and craves the personal adulation that his players give him (not surprising considering many of them wouldn't get a regular game under another manager). I wouldn't like to see him sacked, because of the great things he did for the club up to 2005 so a mutual split would be best.
I don't think anyone could handle the financial side of things better than Arsene. But he is a football manager not a financier and his priority should be winning things, leave the concerns over money to someone who is paid to do it. Arsene's latest comments over the weekend about 'Chelsea's wage bill not being normal' are yet another piece of spin to deflect the shocking defeat we suffered. It's more of a laughable comment when you consider that Chelsea spend £137m on wages and we spend £120.....not a lot of difference Arsene!
For me, football is cyclical. Fergie is the exception to the rule as he seems to refresh as and when necessary. Wenger has gone stale and seems unable (or unwilling) to do anything about it. He has been great for the club but in my opinion.....and I know it won't be popular with many Gooners.......is that it would be best if he leaves.

If by some miracle he was to bring in 4 top players this summer, GK, CB, midfielder and striker then I am more than willing to eat humble pie but I really can't see that happening. If we sign anyone other than Chamakh I suspect they will be young Frenchmen or Africans again.

If Wenger stays, does not strengthen the team where necessary and then signs a new contract, I will DEFINITELY give up my season ticket. If he left at the end of next season I would keep it.

digger

Post by digger »

I want Wenger out. I go to about 10 - 15 games per season, and have been going to games as regularly as possible since before Wenger took over.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

12thGooner wrote:
jamjc64 wrote: £12000 so far this season.
Holy shit......fair play to you.

I have to say, unlike a fair few on here i live in the real world and so , thankfully, does Arsene. Regardless of weather you jerk off with your right hand or your left hand football is a business now and thats that. We do not have the money to buy all the talent and replacement that we are in need of. People need to realise that this purchase of the new stadium will allow us to compete with the other big players eventually, not straight away. the effing debt has to be paid off first, then we get to reap the benefits.

All players have to start off somewhere, so tell me this if Wenger bought in a bunch of poeple you had never heard of and won the league you'd be creaming your pants, but when it fails all I hear is we need a messi or dudec or socrates or bekenbauer(sp?) (you get my point). Those players had to start somewhere so why not be Arsenal as it is were finishing top 4 on a regular basis against other clubs that behave in the exact way that some people want us to.

The crap the board comes out with is spin, you as a fan should know that. We have to look like a club with loads of money to spend and appear to be comfortable with manure's and the chavs being cash rich, so for a skint club like Arsenal the only way to do that is lie.

Virtually all incoming managers like to spend and that would not sit right with the board, so for that Wenger needs to stay at least until we win the title that way an incoming manager will not need to make so many changes
Are you getting married :?: :lol:

I think it's a bit much to be putting yourself on a pedestal like that, considering your post is full of over-simplifications.

Frankie's clock shot

Post by Frankie's clock shot »

Yes, I have to agree with much of that. It has been obvious to almost everyone that we have needed a decent goalie for a long time - he must surely buy one now. In addition to this we must have players that are totally committed to the club - we have too many players that look great when everything is going well but fade away when things get tough !
We also need a strong leader on the pitch with the ability to motivate players with words ( as Tony Adams did ) Sometimes leading by example is not enough ( Cesc )
Talking about Adams I think Wenger should consider perhaps employing him as a coach for the defence - perhaps he could do what George Graham did all those years ago.
I think that Wenger has this dream of producing a team from young players that he has developed to win the Premiership & Champions League. It's a great idea but, unfortunately, I believe that it is an impossible dream. Get real Arsene, beautiful football is no longer enough !

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

I agree 100% mate, we spend so much supporting arsneal. Its frustrating that the board dont put there hands in there pockets and stop making stupid claims that obviously cant be kept. Same goes to Mr Wenger to be honest. Maybe they should realise we dont have much money as fans, and we end up using credit cards and over drafts in order to go matches at £48- £76 a ticket.
Seems like they only care about profit, and using arsenal football club as a money making plaything. Top 4 is good but if thats the only objective then whats the fucking point????????????? If we carry on in this way we will get over took by Man citeh, Villa, everton, Dare i say it..... SPUDS

£12000 Is loads to pay out, especially if you dont see the club actualy working forward in the new modern way. This boils down to spending money and attracting world class fucking players!!!!!! not shitty over paid little fuckers who dont have the right to put on the arsenal shirt.

Dont care how much the stadium cost, i find it hard to belive that we cant go over the bank ballance and spend a good 30-50 mil at least. Trust me i bet that £12000 hits you harder than it would the board spending 30-50 mil!

If the fans do it every season, why dont they....

end of!

jamjc64 wrote:Ok for the keep it simple stupid approach. I go to every game home and away, but have missed 3 games this year, ( Fulham Chavs and Brum ).

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

Certainly makes interesting reading £12000 :shock:

Thought i would do some number crunching aswell, and worked out i have been to 34 of our 52 matches this season, 24 away games, 10 home games, costing me £1320 in tickets, plus food, beer, tube, train and flights on top of that, unfortunately with no trophy to show for it :x

Champagne Charlie

Post by Champagne Charlie »

Boomer wrote:So why not just keep the likes of Henry etc...
Well there comes a time were you have to take the money otherwise we loose him (later down the line) for free.
I think we all wanted to see Henry stay but what if he didn't go he'd still be here? maybe I probably wouldn't argue with that! :lol: The sad fact is Henry probably bought Sagna and Eddie.
I thought he left more because he was caught by his ex-wife hanging out the back of some broad?

g88ner

Re: People who want wenger out ...

Post by g88ner »

PI7ES wrote:Was just wondering how many games do the people go to a year? And how long you have been a ST holder if you are one?

Not judging you in anyway i would just like to see. :barscarf:

I only say this as all the ST holders around me have never once said they want wenger out, and reading most pundits/experts they say losing wenger would be a big mistake. But on here the general Consensus is that wenger has to be sacked.
I can't say I've noticed many people demanding Wenger is sacked... how have you come to the conclusion that that's the general consensus on here? :? :?

I'm assuming you're basing your results on a cross section of 1 person i.e. Sid??

Sorry Pi7es, but I think you're falling into the trap of thinking up an opinion, then plucking the "evidence" out of thin air!