Away Ticket Membership Scheme

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Away Ticket Membership Scheme

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I normally am) but it's been a while since I can remember this being offered to us. I'd always assumed it was a closed shop and pretty tricky to get into so as with Season Tickets maybe they've seen a few defections from the Away scheme too.

http://www.arsenal.com/membership/membe ... -2010/2011

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

Every year they do this, its how i managed to get on the away scheme a couple of seasons a go, like season tickets tho, its expensive and i guess some dont renew so they have spaces free

augie

Post by augie »

By reading that am I right in thinking that if you join the scheme you have to buy tickets for every away game ? I thought that basically tickets got shared about - in other words if my mate and I applied for first away game of the season and I got a ticket but he didnt then the next time he would get one and I probably wouldnt. Is that the case can anybody tell me ? :?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

augie wrote:By reading that am I right in thinking that if you join the scheme you have to buy tickets for every away game ? I thought that basically tickets got shared about - in other words if my mate and I applied for first away game of the season and I got a ticket but he didnt then the next time he would get one and I probably wouldnt. Is that the case can anybody tell me ? :?
I think you automatically get sent - and charged for - a ticket for every domestic game.

But, I think, you only get first pick to purchase tickets for Champions League. You don't have to have them.

augie

Post by augie »

MK Gould wrote:
augie wrote:By reading that am I right in thinking that if you join the scheme you have to buy tickets for every away game ? I thought that basically tickets got shared about - in other words if my mate and I applied for first away game of the season and I got a ticket but he didnt then the next time he would get one and I probably wouldnt. Is that the case can anybody tell me ? :?
I think you automatically get sent - and charged for - a ticket for every domestic game.

But, I think, you only get first pick to purchase tickets for Champions League. You don't have to have them.

Fcuk that.....I was going to apply to become a member so that I might hit the odd away game (fulham, villa, birmingham) but I aint paying that cos finances wont stretch for me travelling over from Ireland for every away game and telling the missus that on top of season tickets I have now paid an extra 1k (approx) for every away game is not very high on my to do list :fryingpan:

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

More atmosphere than our concrete bowl at away games I bet?!?

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

If you have the money then I think it would be worth doing. You can probably sell on any games that you don't want. I suspect there are a lot that already do that. At £1,000 for a home season ticket and probably the same for away (maybe lightly cheaper....) I can't imagine there are many who go to all the games these days.

And yes, atmosphere normally brill....

augie

Post by augie »

MK Gould wrote:If you have the money then I think it would be worth doing. You can probably sell on any games that you don't want. I suspect there are a lot that already do that. At £1,000 for a home season ticket and probably the same for away (maybe lightly cheaper....) I can't imagine there are many who go to all the games these days.

And yes, atmosphere normally brill....

Problem is that at best I might make 4 or 5 away games so that would be a lot of selling to cover the cost and like I said it aint worth the hassle with the wife :roll: Mind you if it pushed her into leaving me it would be worth every penny :wink: :lol:

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

You pay £25 to join the away scheme and a further £15 to join travel club i think both have to be renewed and go hand in hand.

By joining the away scheme you get charged for a ticket for all 19 league away games and up to and including the 6th round of the fa cup. You also get first priority on champions league away games, semi finals, finals etc over season ticket holders.

Although it is expensive, it is hassle free, not having to ring up for tickets, they simply charge your card a month prior to the fixture and post you the ticket.

The only thing i dislike about the away scheme is the fact that if the away end has, two tiers (villa,bolton,chavs,sp**s,everton etc) you get allocated upper tier tickets where the atmosphere isnt as good as lower and the tickets are more expensive.

Along with my renewal for the away scheme i have jsut sent of for next season, i sent a letter asking to be allocated lower tier tickets, look forward to seeing what happens :lol:

I attended 24 away games last year, 19 in the league, man city cc cup, stoke & west ham fa cup ,porto , barca.

Next year im not going to be doing many home games, the atmopshere and day out is nothing compared to an away day :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Can you be a member of the away scheme without being a season ticket holder ie can a red level member join ?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

merson_is_god wrote:More atmosphere than our concrete bowl at away games I bet?!?
Yep, away games are better but like Augie says I too couldn't afford to go to all the away games unless I win the lottery tonight so what with the ST cost on top... It's bad enough keeping the price of the STs from the wife, let alone the committment to the Away Scheme too!!

rtpgooner

Post by rtpgooner »

augie wrote:Can you be a member of the away scheme without being a season ticket holder ie can a red level member join ?
To join the away scheme you have to be a plainum,gold or existing travel club member. I am not a season ticket holder, but when i joined it in 2007/08 season i was a travel club member.

Booking travel to the games is cheap tho, as i know i have got a ticket, and when the kick off times are announced i book the virgin trains sometimes 3 months in advance and with a 16-25 railcard, return to manchester last season was £15, birmingham away £10, wolves away £8, obviously the earlier you book the cheaper it is. Mates i go with do the same and some are over 25 so have a family railcard, which also works out cheap for train tickets

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

I am on the away scheme, well worth it. See the country and visit new grounds. Plus the atmosphere is always good.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Tbh if I didn't work Sarurday mornings I'd sign up but I wouldn't be able to make kick off. Also, having to pay £1000 odd for my ST then all the away games would be a bit much. But away days are a million times better! You haven't got people sitting around you talking about their loft conversion the whole game, people leaving 15 minutes early or having to sit down every 2 minutes.