Tony Adams praises Danny Fiszman

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

OI NUTTER get a life

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
I just down't understand how deliberately choosing to knowingly assign blame to the wrong party

give us proof that the board are definitely responsible or stop hijacking and manipulating and waffling
So you need definite proof the Board are definitely responsible before you will even question their actionppy to blame others without any definite proof they are definitel7y resposnible even if in fact tyour conclusion is worng and you know it may be wrong or weven know it is wrong...yes?

It is frabnly personally unethical if you choose hold people to different standards of guilt and innocence based solely on personal preferences ahead of facts of any sort. Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter who is who. Choosing to deliberately blame or punish the wrong person or persons and to allow the acttual offenders to go unpunished because of emotions or biases of anysort says far more about the people who do that personally than about what kind of Gooner or supporter you are.

And it will continue to say it even if I am no longer here or we never address one another again. I really hope that is not what you are saying here for your own sake because you'll still know that is true no matter how hard you try to hide it.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Martin why don't you start your own Arsenal blog? Seriously mate it would get your message to a wider audience and with the stuff you post on here you'd have no trouble getting the length or level of detail needed for a good blog?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SWLGooner wrote:Martin why don't you start your own Arsenal blog? Seriously mate it would get your message to a wider audience and with the stuff you post on here you'd have no trouble getting the length or level of detail needed for a good blog?

Hes not going to answer that question SWL because it doesnt fit in with his agenda.Its been mentioned to him b4 and hes ignored it.

Radford149

Re: catcher in the rye ???

Post by Radford149 »

Herd wrote:crazy or what!? :

Yes especially when the book was written by JD SALINGER

Most overrated book Ive ever read ,Holden Caulfield was a wanker .

I like Phillip K Dick's books but I wouldn't name my kid after him !
radfordagrees the book is shocking

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

So you need definite proof the Board are definitely responsible before you will even question their actionppy to blame others without any definite proof they are definitel7y resposnible even if in fact tyour conclusion is worng and you know it may be wrong or weven know it is wrong...yes?

pathetic! You know how I feel about the board, I've been questioning the activities of Hill Wood and Fiszman back when you weren't aware of soccer's existence . You always shit on someone's opinion if they dare criticise Wenger and you offer NO PROOF to the contrary every time.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

SWLGooner wrote:Martin why don't you start your own Arsenal blog? Seriously mate it would get your message to a wider audience and with the stuff you post on here you'd have no trouble getting the length or level of detail needed for a good blog?
Facebook, a Youtube Channel, Twitter; all options that cost nothing to do and attract a wide audience.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Martin,

Do you think you're Jesus?

I usually try to avoid dealings with you. First, because I am a mod and I always try to maintain a distance and impartiality. Second, is because you display a lot of traits, through the things that you write on here, that I see in the people who annoy me most in the world. By that I mean; it's always someone else with the problem, isn't it? If someone doesn't agree with you, they're foolish or "ignorant" (would like to offer more quotes as I'm looking to be as accurate in this post as possible to avoid any misconceptions, but can't be arsed to look through the archives. Alas, I know they're there, though).

I hope you don't think this is your run-of-the-mill arbitrary attack at you, the likes of which we see on a daily basis on this forum (which, for the record, I disagree with). I, sincerely, am trying to be as constructive as possible. I feel you have a lot to offer on this forum, and I appreciate how passionate you are with all things Arsenal.

Therefore, I would happily leave you to your own devices and get on with posting whatever you want to post. However, there are a few things you've been getting up to on here that, not only do I object to, but I actually find mildly offensive.

Everyone has the right to free-speech. Of that, we can all agree. However, I feel that you seem to take umbrage at the notion that someone might have a differing opinion to you. More often than I care to see, you appear to either patronise, condescend or belittle anyone who thinks you're wrong. I get that, from your point of view, you've got your eye on the bigger picture, and I can dig that. However, what you appear to forget, is that most of the people on this forum fell in love with the Arsenal football team. Not the board, not the business model and not the Hill-Woods. Therefore, what they judge as "success" is measured by achievements on the pitch. What is more, in their minds, and also in mine, the person who must be held directly accountable is the manager. Sure, there are outside influences on the manager from the board regarding transfer funds and whatnot, but the manager is responsible for far more than just transfers. He is responsible for tactics, for team morale/spirit, for man-management, etc, etc, etc.

Although it may seem like I'm digressing a little bit here, I'm actually not. My point is that, some people think the manager is solely to blame for the "mess" we find ourselves in, and others think the board are. In my opinion, the truth, as always, lies somewhere in the middle. What I object to, is you questioning someone's worth or loyalty as an Arsenal fan because they may not pay too much attention to the inner workings of the board or to the balance sheets. Perhaps you will ask me for evidence of this accusation, to which I'll tell you right now, I will provide none for frankly, I have better things to do than go looking through the depths of the OG history. However, given how measured I've chosen to be in this post, you can rest assured that I would not mention your questioning of fellow Gooners had I not seen it on here numerous times with my own eyes.

As you may, or may not have been able to gather from this post, I do not intend any offence. Nor do I wish to fall out with any member of this forum. However, I'm starting to question whether being a member of a discussion forum is right for you. You're good at discussing what you're passionate about, but terrible at accepting other ways of seeing things. I really think you could win around a lot of support of you were more personable in your approach and in your postings, but your posts and, I'm afraid to say, it would seem your personality are far too taxing for such an informal environment.

So, getting back to my original question; the reason I ask it is because, judging by the way you speak to forum members, you seem to be able to transcend the understanding of us mortals of all things Arsenal. Heck, I've seen you talk a few times today about how things will be when you're no longer here!

(Just to avoid confusion, the theological stuff was intended to be satirical and should be taken with a pinch of salt. The other stuff in between was serious though).

T.S

Post by T.S »

USM,

P.S. Can you please use more commas? I honestly would find your posts much easier to digest if you broke them up with a little punctuation from time to time! :wink: 8)

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

SWL the problem is all that would do is make it easier for people to ignore all of this.

I was told by many on here and elsewhere that one person alone will achieve nothing. Indeed what are people suggesting when they speak of the one-man crusade? That my effort on my own is essentaiily pointless.

Whether that is true is debatable, but it does point up the rela problem here, which is that no one man (except in very specific and limited circumstances, such as being highly placed in the Media and having access to highly sensitive information and details most bloggers or even traditional media outlets simply would not) can really move this issue forward in the manner it needs to be on their own, no matter what their nationality or location.

The simple truth is whatever is happening and-or why so long as the supporters are contnet to raise little or no real concern or ignore genuine concerns they simply don't want to cosider no one atArsenal has even the slightest incentive to act any differently if they decide it is not in their own interest to do so because no is reminding them that we don't think their own interests are more important than Arsenal's.

Simply showing by raising some pointed questions that we will not simply trust them to do what is best in their own eyes without question will (or would have) discouraged them doign things excatly as they have. Refusing to do so intentionally or totherwise emcouraged them to act as they did, and as i alluded to to Big Lunn will only continue to do so even if its Tsan Kroenke making the intila decision on his own now..

If you don't show someone you suspect of shoplifting that you are watching them and they won't keep getting away with it if they come back in store, guess what they'll shoplift again.

The problem here is one blogger alone can't have the needed effect in this circumstance on their owen uless as i say they have an ace in the hole no one else can get to, and right now I don't. Just the way it is. I can't hire a lawyer to pursue whatever British freedom of Information standards I could to obtain futher information otherwise not publicly disclosed to now to shed light on whatever is happening and whoever is ultimately resposnible, and I'm not even sure how the guidelines work in England to do so anyway or what I would be able to get. in any event.

I can't just run up hundreds or thousands in phone bills right now conducting phone converstations or interviews with parties of interest who might shed light on these matters right now. And online chatting is fine but not ideal because of the time difference either way

One person asking these questions can only get so far so quickly. 500 or 1000 or more people asking these questions can get some response and some reaction or action that we all want even if we can't agree entirely on why it's needed.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

USMartin wrote:SWL the problem is all that would do is make it easier for people to ignore all of this.

I was told by many on here and elsewhere that one person alone will achieve nothing. Indeed what are people suggesting when they speak of the one-man crusade? That my effort on my own is essentaiily pointless.

Whether that is true is debatable, but it does point up the rela problem here, which is that no one man (except in very specific and limited circumstances, such as being highly placed in the Media and having access to highly sensitive information and details most bloggers or even traditional media outlets simply would not) can really move this issue forward in the manner it needs to be on their own, no matter what their nationality or location.
Martin, why do you feel the need to concentrate your efforts to the Online Gooner Forum?

Were you to write a blog, as there are people who agree with you, then you would be far more likely to pick up followers than by simply posting here and arguing with people -- I'm not saying you should stop posting on here but it seems strange to me to only concentrate on this one website.

Were you to start a blog, you could then start a movement when the blog begins to get noticed.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

I feel a movement coming on :wink:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

USMartin

Only about 100 people read this Forum regularly.
Only one of them (YOU) is committed to the intensive investigation of the board, so surely it hits home that repeated posts on this Forum are of limited use?

You say you cannot afford a lawyer/accountant in the UK, and that you are unable to interview people using phones or chat.

But you could email questions to people.

Using a dotcom, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube combined you could write your opinion piece posts, which you currently write for this Forum anyway, and advertise them to a wide audience.

In the meantime I guess Black Scarf Movement has some similar aims to you, maybe join that.

And please read Tony Saunders' posts, because as I and many others have stated, there is little tolerance left of you if you continue to insult others here.

USMartin

Post by USMartin »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

pathetic! You know how I feel about the board, I've been questioning the activities of Hill Wood and Fiszman back when you weren't aware of soccer's existence . You always shit on someone's opinion if they dare criticise Wenger and you offer NO PROOF to the contrary every time.
No I don't rally I only know you say you feel as I do in certain respects and nothing more then disagree vehemently with everything I say and and bash me from pliiar to post for saying it.

So you will have to forgive for concluding that since your actions seem inconsistent with your words concluding I honest don't know how you actually feel.

Imean you say you feel simlarly to me and even share some of my concerns but I see far more of posts like thses (though to be fair this seems dialed up for you even)
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:can someone ban this rude, ignorant little gobshite who I'm ashamed to say is a gooner? trying to peddle his little petition as one man's brave crusade against the board when no-one would believe him is pathetic .
I've done more to help the club than that pathetic twat. The fact he keeps coming back here spouting the same tired shit says it all. he only wants a reaction , he's a WUM. he doesn't even sound interested in football , and even used the board as a scapegoat in the official match forum, and has abused many of us who had it with the constant hijacking.

FUCK OFF CUNTOSSER
Extreme Deadpan? Performance Enhanced Irony? As I say you'll have to forgive me if I am not as confident That I know what you think as you are that I do.

Just do me one favor.Don't insult my intelligence by suggesting you were forced or driven or made to express this as you did. You chose to on your own because that is hwo you choose to conduct yourself when it suits you.

We all control our actions and choices - myself included. I chose to call someone a *word censored* pussy when I was angry - no one made me no one forced me - I had the choice and I took it. Same with you here. You made the choice to type this as you did and choose the words and invective and insults you did - no one else.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

USMartin wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

No I don't rally I only know you say you feel as I do in certain respects and nothing more then disagree vehemently with everything I say and and bash me from pliiar to post for saying it.

So you will have to forgive for concluding that since your actions seem inconsistent with your words concluding I honest don't know how you actually feel.

Imean you say you feel simlarly to me and even share some of my concerns but I see far more of posts like thses (though to be fair this seems dialed up for you even)
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:can someone ban this rude, ignorant little gobshite who I'm ashamed to say is a gooner? trying to peddle his little petition as one man's brave crusade against the board when no-one would believe him is pathetic .
I've done more to help the club than that pathetic twat. The fact he keeps coming back here spouting the same tired shit says it all. he only wants a reaction , he's a WUM. he doesn't even sound interested in football , and even used the board as a scapegoat in the official match forum, and has abused many of us who had it with the constant hijacking.

FUCK OFF CUNTOSSER
Extreme Deadpan? Performance Enhanced Irony? As I say you'll have to forgive me if I am not as confident That I know what you think as you are that I do.

Just do me one favor.Don't insult my intelligence by suggesting you were forced or driven or made to express this as you did. You chose to on your own because that is hwo you choose to conduct yourself when it suits you.

We all control our actions and choices - myself included. I chose to call someone a c**t pussy when I was angry - no one made me no one forced me - I had the choice and I took it. Same with you here. You made the choice to type this as you did and choose the words and invective and insults you did - no one else.

I was that someone still not quite sure what a *word censored* pussy is though :lol: