The day I met a LEGEND

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

OneBardGooner

Re: The day I met a LEGEND

Post by OneBardGooner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:saturday morning i had the 'decent' oportunity of having a chat with this fella:

his agent called us friday to tell me it was happening, it was all so quick that i still haven't believed it to be honest. you cannot imagine how fucking awesome and what a gentleman gilberto is. you had to see his smile when he talks about the invincibles, you can see his eyes get brighter as he remembers his time at arsenal. what a fucking legend, lads.

it was a 20 minute interview, and i'll be translating and releasing it by next week i. just some highlights of what he said:

"as soon as i got to the team, they told me: gilberto, whenever you see that fella thierry running down the left wing, you RUN. just run mate, goalwards. he WILL get pass through everyone and deliver the ball, so you'll want to be there"

"when cesc got to the club, he had guys like campbell, pires, thierry, patrick to look up to. in the last few years, people had cesc to look up to. spot the difference? you need experience in football" (that's when i asked him why we won so much with the invincibles era and nothing with the cesc era)

by the end he gave us loads of autographs, and we gifted him an arsenal brazil shirt. he was going away and then came back to us and said "lads, would you mind signing the shirt you gave me? it would be a good reminder of this day for both me and you guys.

so basically yeah, i gave gilberto silva an autograph:

that's how fucking wicked it was 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

no need to say, he just got a legendary status almost as big as bergkamp's with me. what a cracking person :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
That is BRILLIANT BG - :high5: ( I looked for a low 5 but couldn't find one :wink: :D ) Well Done and Huge Congrats on that....Yes, it is only now looking back that I realise just how very special and how Very Blessed we were to actaully see the "Invincibles" Play....I look forward to reading it...

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Gilberto = Legend
Lucky you BG, I'd love to meet Bertie one day.
Great thread mate, can't wait for the Q & A's.

Post by 1989 »

Captain Fabregas wrote:Image
:lol:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

you don't look brazilian to me, fake, fake

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:BG - that is brilliant mate!! The word legend is massively overused but Gilberto really is a legend.

I always liked him but only realised what a great team player he was after he was out injured with his back problem. He was the kind of player that went about his job quietly but by God was he effective.

Every championship winning team needs a Gilberto - the unsung hero that holds the team together and allows the flair players to do their thing. And by all accounts he is a thoroughly nice bloke - well done BG!! :lol: :lol:
Spot on Jumpers. Always loved Gilberto i like those sort of players more so than flair players :? hard working, tackling and 100% effort...

Nice story and pics bG :barscarf:

RaM

Post by RaM »

Awesome!

I miss Gilberto. :cry:

Definitely a very under rated player when he was at the club. But when you look at the players he was in the squad with you can understand why.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well played BG. 8) Great to see what a decent and genuine bloke Gilberto is. 8)

Compare him to arrogant ignorant shite like Nasri and Greedywhore. :evil:

You look like you've grown an inch or two as well, mate! Makes you about 5'2" now. Or a "Spudmasher" as it's known. :-P :wink:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Brilliant stuff BG. Always good to read about ex players that still have time for fans of their old clubs. Sounds like a cracking lad as well. Giving him an autograph is class :lol:

flash gunner

Re: The day I met a LEGEND

Post by flash gunner »

Anyone else wondering if bG has the biggest forhead in the Southern Hemisphere? :hmmthink: :wink:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Was going to say something but decided not to be cruel to a mate. :roll: :oops: I see you had no such consideration then flash? :roll:

By the way you're right. Even Herman Munster is looking on enviously!! :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

:oops: :oops: Sorry

Thought it was open season on here always seems to be regarding me :cry: :wink: :wink: :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Maybe so flash but who nose why that is? People always like to pick their targets specifically based on their their appearances. I'd like to blow the impression that regulars can be scabby to each other right out of the water. Although the gags could run and run, in reality it'snot funny if you are the target!!! We don't want it becoming a serious tissue with some on here and I'm sure you certainly wouldn't want to become known as the forum bogey man. :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

ah go fuck yaself :x :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

:lol: :lol:

Going back to BG's huge forehead for a second..... do you think someone should inform those people in NASA in case they want to send an exploration team onto it to seek signs of alien life? :? :? :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink: