MESSAGE TO DAVID DEIN

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rolypoly

MESSAGE TO DAVID DEIN

Post by rolypoly »

I am sure the vast majority of gooners appreciate the fantastic work you have done on behalf of the club and fans over very many years and regret your departure.

But no one man can be bigger than the club - not you, not Arsene Wenger, not Thierry Henry.

So whatever the reasons for your departure, why do you not come out and make a public statement to the effect that as a true Arsenal fan you would love Thierry to stay, that you would love Arsene to sign a new contract and that you hope Arsenal are successful for many years to come because those must be the true feelings of any genuine fan.

Eboue Can't Defend

Post by Eboue Can't Defend »

HEAR, HEAR!!

demzy

Post by demzy »

I second that :)

norn irish red

Post by norn irish red »

now im sure this will all come out in the end but the fact is david dien has been stabbed in the back for trying to bring the club forward....in my opinion.theres alot that hasnt been made public ive yet to hear any full story of what happened,i know i couldnt make a heartfelt public display of my love for the club when they had just booted me in the balls and threw me out the door

rolypoly

Post by rolypoly »

I understand your point of view but dont agree. Like many gooners I loathe and despise many of the buffoons who work at the club esp at middle management level and who treat supporters like shit but that does not stop me supporting the team as passionately as ever.

Whatever Dein may think about those who ousted him,he must be aware that the departure of Wenger and Henry would be a disaster and have short and long term adverse consequences for the club both on and off the pitch. That may suit Dein the businessman but no genuine supporter would want that. By all accounts Dein has considerable influence with Wenger and Henry.

Never mind Dein`s business ambitions, if he is a genuine fan of the team he would do his best to persuade both Wenger and Henry to stay. And I say that a public pronouncement from him to that effect would help.

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Good post there. Come on DD

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Im wondering if the truth will come out in an interview or a book or if a deal has been done where he keeps stum. I had no problem with David Dein because one thing he is is an Arsenal fan . I remember some fans singing David Dein is a ---------- (fill in the blanks !) when the bond came out and he got a lot of stick. I still dont know how I feel about a takeover bid. If we got somebody who was genuinely interested and put the money up for players fair enough but if its a case of buy a club just to make money and try not to spend any then dont bother !!! Anyway once again I have drifted off the subject ! Dein , Wenger and Henry all get on well so we dont know if privately they have spoken about the club.

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

you can bet that dd, aw and th have indeed talked between themselves about the club. dein was given the boot for acting outside his brief, doubtless in his own belief what he was doing is best for the club. he wants more money for aw to spend. however, by going behind the backs of the board in his dealings with silent stan, he overstepped the mark. kronke could inject funds, but with the long term goal of extracting profit. i'd rather ride out this period for the long term benefit of arsenal on the understanding that the club is owned by supporters whose real interest is maximising the club's ability to win things, rather than having one eye on making profit as a result. if arsenal become the richest club in the world in 15 years time (feasible given the gate money and the prem tv revenue) i want that money ploughed back into the team. not the back pockets of anyone whose heart and soul has not got a cannon imprinted on it.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

gooner.ed wrote:you can bet that dd, aw and th have indeed talked between themselves about the club. dein was given the boot for acting outside his brief, doubtless in his own belief what he was doing is best for the club. he wants more money for aw to spend. however, by going behind the backs of the board in his dealings with silent stan, he overstepped the mark. kronke could inject funds, but with the long term goal of extracting profit. i'd rather ride out this period for the long term benefit of arsenal on the understanding that the club is owned by supporters whose real interest is maximising the club's ability to win things, rather than having one eye on making profit as a result. if arsenal become the richest club in the world in 15 years time (feasible given the gate money and the prem tv revenue) i want that money ploughed back into the team. not the back pockets of anyone whose heart and soul has not got a cannon imprinted on it.
Really, really well said. Initially I was leaning towards DD and SS. The season was a disaster, the squad looked thin on talent and we looked like taking a couple of huge steps backward. But after looking into the Glazer/ManUre situation and reading what the board members themselves have said, I am now totally against the possiblity of a takeover that involves SS.

He is not a Gooner.

We are quite lucky to be a big club that is owned and run by fans (yes, very rich fans - but fans all the same). The board haven't done too badly up to this point, have they? I know DD had a lot of input but his ideas had to be approved by the board, so I think they know what they are doing.

Keep the faith.

Loyalty above all, except honour.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

DB10Gooner

I may be being a little slow but SS??

I certainly think that would be a step in the wrong direction.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Galasso wrote:DB10Gooner

I may be being a little slow but SS??

I certainly think that would be a step in the wrong direction.
SS = "Silent" Stan.

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

Oh, I see it now..Cheers.

And DD...Dirty Dein?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Galasso wrote:Oh, I see it now..Cheers.

And DD...Dirty Dein?
Could end up being that, couldn't it? I hope not...

augie

David Dein

Post by augie »

:evil: Sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes it makes me mad when I read some of the crap that fans come out with. "We're lucky that our club is run by fans??" - that is total bullsh*t. Lady Nina Bracewell Smith knows nothing about football(self confessed) and the only reason that fitzman is there is because DD brought him on board(similar to what he tried to do with kroenke). Its all well and good to speculate that in 15 years time we might be the richest club in the world but at what cost in the meantime ? I agree that we as fans will support the club through thick & thin for many many years but do we seriously expect employees of the club (players,managers etc) to do the same ? I stated at the time that wenger would not renew his contract after dein's sacking which would result in our best players following him out the door and that my friends is exactly what is on the horizon. I am not a big fan of henry but i do agree with his belief that he, at 30, cannot wait around for another few years to be successful and wants the club to invest in quality players now but this board simply cannot provide the necessary funds. DD was against the building of the emirates(the 1 decision that i don't agree with him on) because he knew it would hamstring our finances and this has proved to be the case. Do we think that wenger, henry,cesc etc will be happy to stay with us for the coming years as chelski,manure & scousers pull further away from us while shammers,citeh,villa &maybe even sp*rs + geordies overtake us ? Wenger has worked miracles in his time at the club but even he cannot continue to defy the odds that are mounting up against him. I am unsure whether I would support a takeover of our club but I do believe that we need a major cash injection from an outside source and I do trust David Dein to introduce this in an appropriate way that would be acceptable to the fans. However I would not expect him to come out and appeal for all & sundry to stick with Arsenal after the kick in the boll*x that our board has given him and I am amazed that there hasn't been more vocal public support given to DD by the fans. Would you rolypoly come out publicly in support of a board that you felt was wrong in the direction it is going just because you are a fan ? Would you endorse an opinion that you believe is wrong when you know that when it goes pearshaped down the line the people who trust you implicitly (manager,players & most fans) will point the finger at you and see you as part of that problem ? Or would you stand back saying nothing,especially anything critical, because you know that anything negative you say will possibly make a bad situation 100 times worse and as a fan you do not want that ? Maybe just maybe you are also hoping that given time even the slowest of fans will see the shit hitting the fan when our manager & players start leaving and that when that happens the fans will start calling for the current boards heads which will in turn open the door for your return. I trust DD far more that the rest of that current board put together (I remember what a shambles we were as a club back in the 80's before his introduction) and I hope 1 day real soon we will see his return to our club and in the meantime I hope that we will hold our place as a top 4 club :evil:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

For your second post augie, that one is right on the money :!: