Can i park me wheels.........

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mrgnu1958

Can i park me wheels.........

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Anywhere near the ground?
I know theres a few private ones knocking around,but are they booked for the season?

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Not really. You're best bet is the carpark opposite Blackhorse road station on the victoria line then hop three stops to Finsbury park. £1.00 parking all day.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Must admit had me worried by the title of this thread and the person writing it mrgnu im relieved now :lol: ..............Get to the Blackhorse road car park early though it gets full quick

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

thanks Spuddy..looks like ill have to keep using the Fenchurch street line then

RaM

Post by RaM »

£1.00 parking all day

WOW! Cheap parking!

Basil is a Gooner

parking

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

As long as when you get back its not just your wheels left waiting for you!

rhyspac

Post by rhyspac »

normally park in bounds green in some residential street and get the tube from there

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

I know of two places close to the ground (walking distance) - but neither are as cheap as a £1!

The first is a car-wash place with first-come-first-served parking. At the start of the season I raced back to London after a stag weekend for a Sunday match. I arrived late (think 20 mins into the game) but the car-wash still had parking available. I think it was £10. It's on Seven Sisters Rd, heading towards Finsbury Park, its just after the Hornsey Rd/Seven Sisters Rd junction on the left-hand side.

The other place I've used a couple of times for mid-week games. It's on-street parking-bays behind Finsbury Park station: Clifton Terrace, Lennox Rd or Morris Place. It doesn't seem to get too busy mid-week, although I've never used it at the weekend. The other bonus is that the 12pins is just round the corner!

Hope that helps.

Roll on Saturday!

Gimp_mask

Post by Gimp_mask »

Spuddy is indeed correct bout the Blackhorse road car park but you have to get there before 1pm coz it is usually closed by then.

When collecting your car you can pop in the Yassar kebab house for a lovely kebab which stays open and serves booze till 5am.

Just a thought.....

stats

Re: parking

Post by stats »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:As long as when you get back its not just your wheels left waiting for you!
i don't think he needs to it's not Liverpool ere :oops:

dvbrisgooner1

Post by dvbrisgooner1 »

A few car parks have sprung up around Highbury Corner, £10.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Try near Caledonian Road tube, but make sure you are outside the restricted zone otherwise you will get towed. You will have a 20 mins walk from there.

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Not really. You're best bet is the carpark opposite Blackhorse road station on the victoria line then hop three stops to Finsbury park. £1.00 parking all day.
If £1 is too much and you fancy a bit of exercise, park in one of the side streets off of Chingford Road which is just off the North Circular and have a 15 minute walk to Walthamstow Central.

olgitgooner

Re: Can i park me wheels.........

Post by olgitgooner »

mrgnu1958 wrote:Anywhere near the ground?
I know theres a few private ones knocking around,but are they booked for the season?
Oy, get back to the official forum, where you belong mrgnu!!! :lol:

Wayno

Re: Can i park me wheels.........

Post by Wayno »

olgitgooner wrote:
mrgnu1958 wrote:Anywhere near the ground?
Oy, get back to the official forum, where you belong mrgnu!!! :lol:
Oi his one of our's now, he is our very own pie man 8)