THE ARSENAL CAPTAINCY: THE ABUSE CONTINUES

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: THE ARSENAL CAPTAINCY: THE ABUSE CONTINUES

Post by flash gunner »

g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:
Babatunde wrote: I was going to write a more lucid response to your bilous vitriol but then realised you had to go pick your IQ out of the dustbin first.

I've watched more Arsenal matches than you've sucked dangly balls

you gorbellied toss-pot.

Go watch some football, read a book, get an education. You're retarded.
is this sort of stuff necessary for a discussion?

i mean, i know the guy he's replying to started some of it, but i can't see a single post by babatunde where he's not trying to catch the attention of everyone, and does so by being as controversial as possible, and calling people whatever he wants in the way.

wasn't that the definition of WUM for starters?

Have to say baba that the abuse levels is ridiculous - most on here are willing to debate rationally (yes even the akb) so treat others with the respect that you would expect to get yourself even if they are on occasions talking shite :wink:
Respect from him? :shock:

He'd rather take the advice of a suicide bomber than me apparently, and I've had no altercations with him really... :? it's just so angry and spiteful :roll: :lol:

It's abuse for the sake of it, and aimed at almost everyone - especially if you're from Brazil or pro-Wenger in any way. It's WUMing at it's very worst...

It's a shame, as he's intelligent and interesting when he's calm and not attacking people.
My thoughts exactly

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

g88ner wrote:
augie wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:
Babatunde wrote: I was going to write a more lucid response to your bilous vitriol but then realised you had to go pick your IQ out of the dustbin first.

I've watched more Arsenal matches than you've sucked dangly balls

you gorbellied toss-pot.

is this sort of stuff necessary for a discussion?

i mean, i know the guy he's replying to started some of it, but i can't see a single post by babatunde where he's not trying to catch the attention of everyone, and does so by being as controversial as possible, and calling people whatever he wants in the way.

wasn't that the definition of WUM for starters?

Have to say baba that the abuse levels is ridiculous - most on here are willing to debate rationally (yes even the akb) so treat others with the respect that you would expect to get yourself even if they are on occasions talking shite :wink:

He'd rather take the advice of a suicide bomber than me apparently, and I've had no altercations with him really... :? it's just so angry and spiteful :roll: :lol:

It's abuse for the sake of it, and aimed at almost everyone - especially if you're from Brazil or pro-Wenger in any way. It's WUMing at it's very worst...

It's a shame, as he's intelligent and interesting when he's calm and not attacking people.
solution - mods need to determine the "default threshold" and apply zero tolerance to all. we're adults so...........one warning and you're gone

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:

Would've thought you'd learnt your lesson from ****'ygate g88ner

:lol: :wink:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

it's not about captaincy - it's about having leaders on the pitch and we don't have any

go a goal down and the players heads drops, Sol Campbell said "when adams was captain, we still had four or five leaders on the pitch", and if he two were injured or missing we still had leaders

the contempt Vieira, Henry and Cesc showed as captain, shows the captain arms band means fuck all

even Almunia was captain last year

i want leaders not captains

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

arseofacrow wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Ban trouble maker g88ner :D

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

flash gunner wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Ban trouble maker g88ner :D
That's one solution, I suppose :lol: :lol:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

Rosie_titters wrote:it's not about captaincy - it's about having leaders on the pitch and we don't have any

go a goal down and the players heads drops, Sol Campbell said "when adams was captain, we still had four or five leaders on the pitch", and if he two were injured or missing we still had leaders

the contempt Vieira, Henry and Cesc showed as captain, shows the captain arms band means fuck all

leader is synonomous with captain. a strong leader or captain will generally provide a foundation and enviroment for mentally strong team members to develop and follow but it normally flows from the top (ie. gg to ta to bould/keown/wright/seaman/dixon/parlour, etc. etc.). aw failed to replace that hard core of "strong characters" he inherited.

many overlook the fact vieira developed within the squad that included those above and then left in '05 (a year after the last of the old guard left in '04 - parlour/keown)

since then, successive captains have had to "carry" a technically and mentally inferior team.....henry, gallas, fabregas and now RvP

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

n6gooner wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:it's not about captaincy - it's about having leaders on the pitch and we don't have any

leader is synonomous with captain. a strong leader or captain will generally provide a foundation and enviroment for mentally strong team members to develop and follow but it normally flows from the top (ie. gg to ta to bould/keown/wright/seaman/dixon/parlour, etc. etc.). aw failed to replace that hard core of "strong characters" he inherited.

many overlook the fact vieira developed within the squad that included those above and then left in '05 (a year after the last of the old guard left in '04 - parlour/keown)

since then, successive captains have had to "carry" a technically and mentally inferior team.....henry, gallas, fabregas and now RvP
Excellent point.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

The captaincy should be retired, its importance died when Djourou wore it.

Macca

Post by Macca »

Who's going to call heads or tails then ????
:wink:

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

Gunnersaurus wrote:The captaincy should be retired, its importance died when Djourou wore it.
depends whether you want afc to be successful in the future.......'71 mclintock.......'89 & '91 adams........'98-'04 adams/vieira. see the connection with winning silverware?

if not, try keane, ince, neville (man.u) and terry (chel). no real captain ......no real success

dvbrisgooner1

Post by dvbrisgooner1 »

Babatunde wrote:
dvbrisgooner1 wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
I shall remind those of you with short memories that Alex Thong was shocking in Marseille and has been one of our biggest Liabilities this season.

Have you been to watch Arsenal this season? Or ever? Song has been superb since he came back from suspension, and was outstanding in Marseille.

This is the first time I've replied to any of your threads as you seem to be a complete fuckwit of the very lowest order, but this really is utter shite.

As it happens I agree that Song shouldn't have been Captain, but your reasoning as quoted above is pure nonsense.
I was going to write a more lucid response to your bilous vitriol but then realised you had to go pick your IQ out of the dustbin first.

I've watched more Arsenal matches than you've sucked dangly balls, so get yourfacts straight first sunshine. Song 'outstanding' in Marseille?
Says a lot about your knowledge of footie to me. The same muppet who wihtin three minutes had gotten himself booked and conceded a dangerous free-kick due to complete lack of focus. The same moron who tried to dribble out of his box with two men on him.

Following on from that, this would be the same Song 100% at fault for the Blackburn own-goal, trying to hip the ball back to his keeper instead of getting side-on. The same Song who was completely unaware of tracking his runner in any way, shape or form against the Spuds when Van der Vaart started his original run. The same Song who was given an absolute lesson in the middle of the park as we LOST a NLD to the Spuds AGAIN.

I won't go on. Fuckwit? I'm surprised you could spell the word you gorbellied toss-pot.

:roll:

I think the word you've tried to use is "bilious" but, hey, I'm a retard who needs an education.

I'm also someone who has been watching Arsenal in the flesh for 30 years you ignorant *word censored*. You are exactly the sort of person I'd love to meet one day so that we can see if you're so fucking brave when you haven't got the keyboard in front of you. Wanker.

I really don't understand how people like you are still allowed to troll around this forum on a personal mission to wind people up.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

n6gooner wrote:
Belfast Boy wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
n6gooner wrote:aw inherited ta5, got lucky with pv4 and hasn't had a clue about what "captain material" entails ever since. truth is that he couldn't handle the strong character of a real captain which is why neither adams nor vieira returned after retiring
Thank you very much!
:barscarf:
Have to disagree with this, DD was lobbying for AW to get the job of AFC manager long before before Bruce Rioch got the job the and the reason the board initially rejected his suggestion was them looking at AW's portfolio, commenting that he looked like a school teacher or a "professor" and that he would not be able to handle the senior and/or more difficult characters in the dressing room like Adams, Parlour and Merson etc who were, lets face it, hardened drinkers and in Merse's case a degenerate gambler and coke head, and regardless of the subsequent downturn it's very hard to argue deny he turned the culture not just of the club but of the whole league completely around!
bb - can't dispute what you say, however, not sure what that has to do with aw being unable to appoint conventional, strong and inspiring captains
My point is that you seem to be suggesting that AW is deliberately refusing to appoint strong characters because he can't handle them and I'm saying that how he turned round the careers of Adams etc. whose repuatations and standing at the club, not to mention their drink fuelled exploits, were legendary, suggests otherwise!

It's also true that rightly or wrongly, continental culture does not place the same level of importance on the captaincy as we do, with the honour usually goin to the most senior player regardless of leadership qualities!

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

When rvp isnt playing let Chessa be captain.

He can bully the back 4 and he is so loud the whole pitch can hear him. He is the only player that gets that angry. If he was captain there is no way some of the players would get away with the stuff there doing.

The guy is a fucking nutter i would be worried if he was screaming at me