Rosicky staying....for now...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
armchair

Post by armchair »

brazilianGOONER wrote: how many attempts at the goal since then? the problem isn't his finishing, thing is that he rarely goes inside the box, and always prefers passing to shooting - ramsey on the other hand always tries the shot - and misses them. only difference is that rosicky will leave team mates one on one (like rvp against united) where ramsey will end the attacking play by shooting it to row z.
Mmm yes, isn't that the fuckin problem. Tippy, tappy pass, pass shit.
Give me a player prepared to have a dig at goal. :)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

He should be bombed out of the club for turning his back on a free kick TWICE this season :banghead: Instead he gets a new contract :banghead: :banghead:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

armchair supporter wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote: how many attempts at the goal since then? the problem isn't his finishing, thing is that he rarely goes inside the box, and always prefers passing to shooting - ramsey on the other hand always tries the shot - and misses them. only difference is that rosicky will leave team mates one on one (like rvp against united) where ramsey will end the attacking play by shooting it to row z.
Mmm yes, isn't that the fuckin problem. Tippy, tappy pass, pass shit.
Give me a player prepared to have a dig at goal. :)
i agree, that's one of the problems of this team - thing is, you cannot have only guys who go for it. it's not problem having one or two players who'd rather pass (as long as they are good passers of the ball).

problem is we only seem to have those, and the ones who do like to have a go (like chamberlain) seem to somehow "lose" that ability the longer they stay at arsenal.

we have the lowest proportion of shots from outside the box of the premier league. :( that's obviously an order from the GIC and i wonder how much that's costing us in games where the opposition just "park the bus"

brazilianGOONER

flash gunner wrote:He should be bombed out of the club for turning his back on a free kick TWICE this season :banghead: Instead he gets a new contract :banghead: :banghead:
both times he did that, the ball went in. he was clearly frustrated in both. he's always one of the happiest players whenever we score, you can see him jumping around in joy.

i can understand people who don't like him because of his football, but questioning his motivation is something i can't understand.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:He should be bombed out of the club for turning his back on a free kick TWICE this season :banghead: Instead he gets a new contract :banghead: :banghead:
both times he did that, the ball went in. he was clearly frustrated in both. he's always one of the happiest players whenever we score, you can see him jumping around in joy.

i can understand people who don't like him because of his football, but questioning his motivation is something i can't understand.
He's a *word censored* B.G., a bottling, big time tosser, I can't stand seeing his weedy face either. :twisted:

brazilianGOONER

franksav63 wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

He's a c**t B.G., a bottling, big time tosser, I can't stand seeing his weedy face either. :twisted:
yeah i figured that out already :lol: :wink:

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

far rather get rid of arshavin than rosicky.

considering our squad he's useful to have on the bench...

now i'm not saying he's much good, i'm just saying that compared to our other midfield options (which won't change anytime this month barring losing a few to injuries, and probably won't change in the summer either barring benayoun getting signed full time :roll: ) i'd rather we had him there than didn't

at least if arshavin fucked off it'd bump ox chamb further up the pecking order as wenger seems determined to always play the russian ahead of him

armchair

Post by armchair »

nexum5me wrote:far rather get rid of arshavin than rosicky.
Gotta agree with that. :)

Theres bigger problems than Rosicky at the club. Arseshavin is one of them.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

comparing him with our other midfielders bar arteta, is like comparing chlamydia and herpes.

at dortmund and at the world cup and in his early days for us he was good, since his first injury hes been woeful.

comparisons to rambo are unfair, as much as rambo has been poor this season, hes very young and in time may get better, so he should be retained, however should not be in the 1st xi week in week out.

i can see why most think roshitsky should be shipped out asap, i agree, but i also agree he has done better in recent time than his peers in midfield, but thats not a justification to keep him, as there all at a shit level.

it sums up what we have become, that bg and reb are saying keep the guy cos basically he's slightly better than the rest of the shite. i suppose thats a valid opinion, but at arsenal, realistically his not good enough now, and should be gone along with most of the midfield.

However what we have become means he wont. saying he should be retained is basically us resigning ourselves to 2nd best and accepting averageness, a massive shame but thats whats happened to us.

There used to be a football club there..

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

i dnt mind having him at the club, never moans about not playing, happy to sit on the bench and be back up and then tries and puts much more of a shift in than alot of them

there is alot bigger problems to get rid of more than him

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

Taking his entire stay at the club, he's been disappointing but this season he's put in a series of decent performances. He's got a decent footballing brain, adds a bit of pace to our usual tippy-tappy play and has put real effort in when he's been picked.

I'd like to see our squad strong enough that he wouldn't merit a place but this season, imo, he's been our second best midfielder after Arteta (and he was shit to start with).

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

REBEL GOONER wrote:i wish people would get off his back. i like rosicky and he brings more to the team then some of the other gobshites that wenger has signed down the years,
Rosicky is one of my guilty secrets...... He played well against United, but that isn't the first time this season. He isn't a world beater, but have in on the teamsheet quicker than many and would be sad to see him leave. There, it's out now!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Like the vast majority of our squad these days, I wouldn't be too bothered if he stays or goes

If he stays its likely to be another case of ordinary player gets bumper pay deal and carries on as just another average squad player, whilst if he goes then the dumbing down of the squad would continue as the club would not reallocate his wages to bring in a decent replacement. Nope it would be the cheap import from a substandard league or worse still a loan deal for a player not good enough for a CL qualifier.

With the exception of the elite two or three in the squad, you can't win with the others. They're not the real deal themselves but our management team would still find a way to weaken the squad further if they left

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

brazilianGOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Are you pissed mate?

Please re-read and rectify the 2 glaring errors in your analysis.

Clue: "The ball went in" (mmm, it hadnt when he turned his back)

"questioning his motivation" - mmw, ok, right. :lol: :lol: See clue 1

:-P :wink:

RaM

Post by RaM »

I've always liked Rosicky.

I'm also quite sure I've posted on here in defence of him before, so I'm not going to bother doing it again. :lol:

If this means I'm thrown into a Rosicky-lover category with Rebel and BrazilianGooner then so be it. :oops: