THE BOARD - Kroenke, Usmanov and Finance

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: USMANOV/DEIN/HILL-WOOD - allegations etc

Post by mcdowell42 »

Block_5_Gooner wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov not afraid to splash the cash: just spent $100m on new boat, after new $350m jet
If your gonna quote from Twitter at least credit the person!
@YoungGunsBlog: Arsenal shareholder Alisher Usmanov not afraid to splash the cash: just spent $100m on new boat, after new $350m jet. Nice.

Sorry it wont happen again :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:
highburyJD wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
highburyJD wrote:which is all DD cares about - his personal ambitions
So what? It gets results,
how can somebody prioritising themself over the club possibly get results?

Because for him to do well the club has to be doing well so it is a mutially beneficial relationship - DD's profile only rises when the club does well cos lets face it, nobody has really heard of many of the people filling the position DD did at any of the smaller or less successful clubs have they ?

Contrast that with kroenke.......for the yank to do well the club needs to be maximising profits which means bigger income and smaller expenditure which as we have all seen, leads to less success on the pitch :(
Spot on augie. If Dein by helping himself helps Arsenal im all for it

Remember it was DD who took the club to a whole new level when he arranged the Bergamp and Platt signings. Personal ambition is a feature for any head honcho who wants to run a footie club. At least DD understood the game and let's face it, he was a big wig on the English and European stage for a number of years. Usmanov and Dein in charge of the club would be no bad thing.

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... -loan-debt

These guys are not stupid and I would take our current board over one that is Usmanov controlled.

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

Vinny1967 wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... -loan-debt

These guys are not stupid and I would take our current board over one that is Usmanov controlled.
Interesting read but was published in 2010. I think we need to let Usmanov in, the club is in such a stale situation at the moment and I don't think that FFP is going to work, plus what with bringing DD back, I think it would be a sensible thing to do.

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

North-Bank-1987 wrote:

Interesting read but was published in 2010. I think we need to let Usmanov in, the club is in such a stale situation at the moment and I don't think that FFP is going to work, plus what with bringing DD back, I think it would be a sensible thing to do.
Yeah it is a bit old but it just goes to show that he is not just spending his money He is protecting his investment by turning them into loans. I wonder what would happen if he decided to call them in ?
Personally i would like to see DD back at the club but I would not trust Usmanov I'm afraid.

augie

Post by augie »

Vinny1967 wrote:
North-Bank-1987 wrote:

Yeah it is a bit old but it just goes to show that he is not just spending his money He is protecting his investment by turning them into loans. I wonder what would happen if he decided to call them in ?
Personally i would like to see DD back at the club but I would not trust Usmanov I'm afraid.

So do you trust kroenke then ? A man that doesnt attend matches would be your preferred option over a guy that regularly attends our games ?? :shock: The c**ting yank doesnt give a shit how we do on the pitch as long as the balance sheets and profit and loss accounts are good :evil: :evil: :evil:

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

augie wrote:
Vinny1967 wrote:
North-Bank-1987 wrote:

So do you trust kroenke then ? A man that doesnt attend matches would be your preferred option over a guy that regularly attends our games ?? :shock: The c**ting yank doesnt give a shit how we do on the pitch as long as the balance sheets and profit and loss accounts are good :evil: :evil: :evil:
Nope I didn't say that Augie.
I don't fully trust either of them as I think they are both in it for themselves. However from what I have read I do believe Kroenke would be the man I would trust more.
Everybody running around saying why can't we have an Abramavich like figure yet he holds a loan over the club that at his whim he could call in at any time. I certainly don't want that for Arsenal.

Not sure what happened with my quote :oops:

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

Why does everyone keep linking DD to an automatic return with Usmanov.He originally dealt with Kroenke, then Usmanov but he left 5 years ago and is not getting any younger !

He might be an interim step when Usmanov makes his attempt to buy at some stage but we are looking here at the bigger picture of ownership and investment and a change in current policy which at some stage will also lead to the departure or movement 'upstairs ' of Wenger.

The focus on change is Red And White NOT DD so talk with them as one and the same is somewhat presumptuous and certainly not a given to happen just an option.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

georgeknows89 wrote:Why does everyone keep linking DD to an automatic return with Usmanov.He originally dealt with Kroenke, then Usmanov but he left 5 years ago and is not getting any younger !

He might be an interim step when Usmanov makes his attempt to buy at some stage but we are looking here at the bigger picture of ownership and investment and a change in current policy which at some stage will also lead to the departure or movement 'upstairs ' of Wenger.

The focus on change is Red And White NOT DD so talk with them as one and the same is somewhat presumptuous and certainly not a given to happen just an option.
Whatever happened between the ego driven arseholes on the board in the past, one thing remains and that is we enjoyed our best period of football and success due to the actions of DD. He knows more about football and Arsenal than the rest of the current bunch of clowns put together, so DD coming back to the fore could only be a good thing for Arsenal. If Usmanov was to somehow succeed in displacing stan then it is a reasonable assumption to think that DD would be involved with him in some way. Lets face it whoever is advising stan hasn't quite hit the mark!

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

Jock, displacing Stan is not going to be an overnight thing .

We all know DD's cv and what he has done can do might do etc etc but he isn't gonna buy the club or displace Stan it can only realistically be Usmanov so until he is in that position no point in looking back its about looking forward.

Usmanov has a strategy that will clearly trigger something he wants to do when he gets to 30% that must give more of a chance than while he is on 29.6%.

The q and a farce with gazidis on Wednesday might get an answer as to whether the club will do something to accommodate him now or at this trigger and all we can do for now is hope he gets the remaining few shares needed sooner rather than later and see what happens.

The hope is that with access to the financial records that the board are reluctant to shAre then maybe only then can a combined fan pressure start to make Kroenke uncomfortable.

Certainly, if finally Usmanov was to get a set on the board or access to information there is still no hope of DD being involved in any capacity until full ownership occurred as HIll Wood will not tolerate it and there is an enormous amount of work to happen and I expect time between 30% and ownership will be a long slow burn unless a lot of shit is uncovered

Pain before gain is still on the cards but ironically as much as USmanov would love to own the club today, the longer the non action investment performance of the Kroenke era continues the more it will create an ante Kroenke feeling and perhaps an increased demand for USmanov involvement, investment or ownership from the fans.

What more and more are agreed on though is that the existing model does not work and wil not work.

I don't care if w get a Chinese Indian asian Jewish Nigerian or whatever billionaire, it doesn't necessarily have to be that it's Usmanov but stage 1 has to be to get arsenal plc to move into the latest era, sooner the better

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

Ok serious question

How much would it realistically take an outsider who supports AFC to buy full 100% control of the club? I mean the full worth of Arsenal.

georgeknows89

Post by georgeknows89 »

On the basis that the small trading in a tight market is happening at £16000 a share , I would think it would take something like £20,000-£25,000 a share , which with 62,219 shares means about 1.5bn... That's just to buy it before tHey then put any capital or loans in to spend

North-Bank-1987

Post by North-Bank-1987 »

SammyDroppedHisShorts wrote:Ok serious question

How much would it realistically take an outsider who supports AFC to buy full 100% control of the club? I mean the full worth of Arsenal.
Interesting question Sammy, Probably one for Quartz/FrankButcher. I had a quick scope on Wikipedia, In April 2009 Forbes valued us at £605M, but (as of 31/3/2012) we have just over 62000 shares valued at £16250 totalling just over a billion? I'm not a financial stratergist so may be well off, but would be interesting to hear the views of somebody who knows more.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Did someone buy a Euromillions lottery ticket this week Sammy ?
The jackpot was only about 92million, so you would still be a "few bob! :shock: short I'm afraid.

Going back to Kronke's buying into the club and questioning what it has achieved in terms of moving us forward - nothing it would appear, but our current "custodians" can relinquish that hefty burdon onto silent stan now, safe in the knowledge that they have millions upon millions in the bank and that they share the common principle to fleece the fans, the great unwashed, the idiots who know nothing but continue to give everything due to their unquestioning (in the main) love and support of this once great club.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

North-Bank-1987 wrote:

Interesting question Sammy, Probably one for Quartz/FrankButcher. I had a quick scope on Wikipedia, In April 2009 Forbes valued us at £605M, but (as of 31/3/2012) we have just over 62000 shares valued at £16250 totalling just over a billion? I'm not a financial stratergist so may be well off, but would be interesting to hear the views of somebody who knows more.
I think it would be very hard to put a definite value on us right now, in terms of someone buying the club.

Some commercial deals are up for renewal in 2014, and any sale of the club would have to take account of those new contracts.
Without a figure for the contracts, I think any sale would be based on an estimated value for the contracts.

Shares are higher than in the past, but a point made in the marathon USMartin debates was that the shares are really only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Individual or small groups of shares might go for the current high prices, but would a buyer pay that for all of Kroenke's shares?

That is to consider that a buyer for the club would be committed to pay a share price equivalent to the highest price they had paid int eh previous six months.
So a steady buying of small groups of shares at a high price is not in the interest of any buyer, unless they had huge amounts of money.