Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by rodders999 »

I think Lescott just tried to give birth to whatever it is that lives in his forehead :lol:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

One thing about Hodgson so far he hasnt fallen for the Feo hype

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

donaldo wrote:One thing about Hodgson so far he hasnt fallen for the Feo hype
what fucking hype? he hasn't been hyped since 2008 :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
donaldo wrote:One thing about Hodgson so far he hasnt fallen for the Feo hype
what fucking hype? he hasn't been hyped since 2008 :lol:

Should have sold him the day after he got his hat trick. Might have bluffed somebody into paying £30 mill for him and saved us all years of frustration watching him do his headless chicken stuff. I know 5 year olds with a harder shot than some of Theo's efforts.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Chamberlin starting and Walcott benched, hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

He did ok considering this is as dull an England side as can be.

Post by 1989 »

Took Woy a couple of weeks to figure out what Wenger couldn't for 9 months - that the Ox is miles better than Walnut.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I thought Chamberlain was poor tonight, and perhaps cemented Downing's place in the team.

I think he's lost momentum and form after being used sparingly in the Premier League run in. He needs a spark to reingnite him, and if that happens early in the tournament, he might take the Euro's by storm. Probably not, but he's got the raw talent.

I thought AC Milan at home was his coming of age performance, but we didn't see much of him after that game, and that surprised me. Perhaps Wenger thought he needed a rest (or maybe he was injured?) but he didn't really perform after that and has now lost all momentum. Oh well.

I reckon he'll be an Arsenal regular by Christmas. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Ox wasn't great I agree but he was country miles ahead of Milner on the other wing who may as well have stayed in mainland for all he did :roll:

Did annoy me too, that after taking the ox off he switched Milner to the left allowing braindead feo to play on his preferred right wing.......why wasn't the same courtesy shown to the ox ? Wenger did the very same thing to the ox lately and it pisses me off cos you are asking a young lad to shine whilst playing him out of position :evil: :evil:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

augie wrote:Ox wasn't great I agree but he was country miles ahead of Milner on the other wing who may as well have stayed in mainland for all he did :roll:

Did annoy me too, that after taking the ox off he switched Milner to the left allowing braindead feo to play on his preferred right wing.......why wasn't the same courtesy shown to the ox ? Wenger did the very same thing to the ox lately and it pisses me off cos you are asking a young lad to shine whilst playing him out of position :evil: :evil:

Hmmm, I may be wrong here but I seem to remember the ox playing on the left for Southampton?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Top Londoner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Hopefully The Verminator kicks John Terry in the face. :barscarf:

Studs up, naturally.
:high5: 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LDB wrote:
augie wrote:Ox wasn't great I agree but he was country miles ahead of Milner on the other wing who may as well have stayed in mainland for all he did :roll:

Hmmm, I may be wrong here but I seem to remember the ox playing on the left for Southampton?
so did feo

N1Goon

Post by N1Goon »

Hopefully Ox is deployed through the middle today in a creative role, I don't fancy his chances against the experienced French right-back Debuchy or Abidal/Evra on the left if i'm honest.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I can't understand why Walcott is not playing.
He must be being used as a super sub :D

come on the OX though!

France dont look anything special apart from maybe Ribery.
Apparently England are 8 places above them in the world football rankings so it is like Arsenal playing WBA.

augie

Post by augie »

N1Goon wrote:Hopefully Ox is deployed through the middle today in a creative role, I don't fancy his chances against the experienced French right-back Debuchy or Abidal/Evra on the left if i'm honest.

Abidal isnt in the french squad I think :?

Debuchy is def there for the taking and the way evra has played for the last 12 months any half decent football at all should be able to take him to the cleaners (obviously that rules out walnut then :wink: :lol: ).
I still believe that playing ox on the left wing will hinder his chances of showing what he can do though :(

Post by 1989 »

Keep up boys. Abidal has retired from football.