Can you remember?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Can you remember?

Post by GranadaJoe »

It's interesting, and a relief, to hear other fans admitting forgetting matches. I regularly feel ashamed when I read posts about some important games from our past and thinking, "Fuck, I'd completely forgotten that!".

While not all of the old banter was poetic, I do remember being at Anfield for a game (travelled full of hope until the stadium announcer informed us that neither Chippy nor Rix were playing) and a Liverpool player (I think Alan Kennedy or Sammy Lee) slipped and put a corner straight into the crowd to be greeted with a chorus of 'Gis' a job, I can do that' (Boys from the Blackstuff for you youngsters wondering).

Bendtners Drinking Buddy

Post by Bendtners Drinking Buddy »

augie wrote:
Bendtners Drinking Buddy wrote:Beinf row 3 and watching Winterburn blow his cheeks not just when he passed the ball, but anytime it came remotely near him......

Vinny Jones celebrating after scoring in a 1-0 win for Wimbledon......heard my old man swear for the first time

It was "fuck off you twat" if your wondering

By any chance was that game played on a Sunday for tv ? I attended a game against them when we lost 1-0 to them just a few days after the wrighty v red nose racist battle after the game (was also at that game :( ). If the game v Wimbledon was the same one then I was sitting in the clock end right beside the away fans that day and I hardly watched any of the game cos the banter and craic with their fans was brilliant 8)

Sure was mate!

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:I clearly remember a Norwich defender getting a round of applause from the West Lower Stand in 1990-91 season when he made a fantastic interception...seemed strange and yet seemed the correct thing to do.

Dont know if was the same thing or Im getting mixed up but I dont remember a defender in a Norwich game but Winger Ruel Fox. A ball was played out to towards him on the right wing ( dug out side ) and it was over his head and he put his foot out and brought it down superbly and the he got a round of applause from the crowd.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I remember Glenn Cockerell going down and staying down for no apparent reason,Only to see on MOTD later that night Paul Davies landing a peach of a punch on his jaw,That boy could punch AND play a bit!

perrygrovesworld

Post by perrygrovesworld »

I remember standing on the North Bank, right at the front when Bryan Gunn (Norwich goalie) spent the whole of the first half picking at his arsehole with his his right hand.

What made it so funny was that he couldn't pick it properly because his goalkeeping glove was massive and that he did it every 30 seconds or so as if it was some sort of nervous tic. In the end we spent time just looking at his arse waiting for the next pick. He didn't disappoint.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:I remember Glenn Cockerell going down and staying down for no apparent reason,Only to see on MOTD later that night Paul Davies landing a peach of a punch on his jaw,That boy could punch AND play a bit!
Yep, exactly the same I didn't see it at the time, as nobody appeared near him.

Was the first case of trial by tv (always fucking us)

Also one of my highlights was when during the warm up the North Bank crowd sang "lee dixon, lee dixon" and Kevin Richardson,(who had the same tune, we were never very original) clapped and acknowledged the North Bank, which Perry Groves spotted and then gleefully went the rest of the team pissing himself telling them what Richardson had just done. :lol: