Aaron Ramsey - statistics and form etc.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Aaron Ramsey - statistics and form etc.

Post by clockender1 »

Ramsay acted with real class today, not celebrating his goals, and doing "the ayatollah" when the bluebirds fans sang his name.

nice to see young players remember where they're from - I have a feeling Rocky would have approved today.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

clockender1 wrote:Ramsay acted with real class today, not celebrating his goals, and doing "the ayatollah" when the bluebirds fans sang his name.

nice to see young players remember where they're from - I have a feeling Rocky would have approved today.
It was also nice to see Cardiff fans behave in the way they did. Rare indeed.

Only One Tony Adams

Post by Only One Tony Adams »

Cockerill's chin wrote:Andy Townsend enjoyed the plaudits for crass commentary the other night for cheering on Marseille but Clive Tyldesley came out with something more offensive to me. He ridiculed Wenger's claim to have stood by Ramsey and said he was often overlooked last season or thrown out on the right.

Ramsey played a part in 36 of the 38 PL games last season. Playing wide right is an important role for us and Jack was effective when he took up that wing against OM. Wenger took a lot of stick from many of us for persisting with Ramsey. I find it offensive that a commentator would try to take that faith away from AW with lies and inaccuracies. Why on earth would he go out of his way to put that in his commentary?

He's a Utd fan, fuck him.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

He's one PL goal away from equalling Spurs' total this season

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:He's one PL goal away from equalling Spurs' total this season

So far he's got two more league goals from open play than Sp*rs 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:He's one PL goal away from equalling Spurs' total this season

:coffeespit:

bunch

Post by bunch »

He's been playing class and he showed yesterday that he is a classy human being as well, remembering and respecting where he started his career.

Yes he had a big dip in performance coming back after the injury but he is back on track to where he should have been before he was Shawcrossed.

I always have liked he becasue he looks lke my son. :shock:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

A thread from the past...

The question is, is he back???

Because in his last cameos, he has been using the ball well, and importantly (especially to himself) scoring goals. Big shift from the woeful performances pre injury.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

with Coq sitting alongide him, he's being played further forward, so he sees more of the ball and doesn't have to try too hard - which is what happens when he has to play as the sitting midfielder alongside jack, tets or flam (whose weakenesses he also has to cover for).

as usual, our very best players are played out of position to fit wongas formation and need to have at least six diminutive midfielders in any line up....

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Been much better again, bit too soon to be certain, but its been a much better couple of matches.

Even DB10, his number 1 fan may smile more at him now :barscarf:

AFCjames

Post by AFCjames »

Think Aaron deserves a special mention for refusing to shake hands with that grass Morgan

If only some others would take suit, bloke ain't welcome at our club!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I really love the bloke, but he needs to kick morgan in the bollocks to ensure legendary status 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:I really love the bloke, but he needs to kick morgan in the bollocks to ensure legendary status 8)
hmmmm... :rubchin: The Welsh Messi would probably try to backheel him in the bollocks - and miss. :lol:

I would still love to see Rambo return to last year's form and cut out the flicks and tricks. But tbh I think he might have had that "one season" that many PL players have. Remember Robert Lee at the Toon in 95-96? That one season he was incredible, player of the month award, made the PL team of the year, and Keegan spoke of him as a "future England captain". But he never regained that form under Dalglish and then Gullit railroaded him out.

I hope I'm wrong but I just get the feeling Rambo has had his "one season". :(

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

I haven't seen any change in Aaron's finishing apart from his early season form when he seemed to get anxious in the box.

At his age he certainly has it in him to score 15+ goals from midfield. When new players come in the dynamic of the team changes and players have to play different roles. It's difficult for aaron to get into the box when he plays wide right, if he is playing as a deep CM, plus he doesn't want to step on other players toes. He doesn't really have a relationship with Sanchez yet. That will come soon though.

Aaron is our biggest goal threat from midfield. Carzola and Jack are average finishers and at times pretty appalling.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Thought he had shown a big improvement last 5 games or so before Wenger in his infinite wisdom decided to try the wide midfield experiment again.