Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by wibble »

Man United season-ticket holders who don't buy a ticket for the return leg against Olympiakos will have their season ticket suspended for the Manchester derby six days later!

:shock: :lol:

Looks like the club have decided the on pitch issues just aren't quite enough to piss off the fans. Bunch of money grabbing bastards!!

augie

Post by augie »

LDB wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
i think its a 2-3 year project to rebuild with their limited cashflow - Fergie really really screwed them imho.
Disagree, he only screwed them in the sense that he gave Moyes the job (unless that's what you mean). I personally don't buy into this stuff about them having a crap squad.

When you look at it they have an embarrassment of attacking riches and plenty of other players that are far from mid table scrappers. I think it was inevitable that they would suffer in the first season after Fergie left, especially without going for a big manager like Maureen. But at the end of the day they've added Januzaj, Fellaini and Mata, and taken nothing away from a team which cantered to the league title last season and yet they're way off the pace for even a top 4 spot and almost out of every other competition.

No, they don't have the best midfield or defence in the league but they have plenty of players there with enough experience and ability to be competitive at the top of the game if managed and motivated properly.

Moyes is way, way out of his depth and has no idea how a team at that level should play.

Still,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really ?? They have rvp and shrek and as far as proven quality then that is it as far as attacking riches imo - nani is absolute garbage, young hasn't stepped up like I thought he would, januzaj has played at this level for 2 months and done ok, wellbeck is at best average and cleverly is at best absolute shite so I struggle to see why you claim that they have an embarrassment of attacking riches :? I have to say that I did really rate the prospects of chicarito but he hasn't kicked on at all and seems certain to leave in the summer

Post by 1989 »

To be fair they do have some good options. An attack consisting of Shrek, Judas and Mata isn't to be scoffed at. Thankfully Moyes is too thick to get them working together and bring the best out of them both individually and collectively. May he reign long at Old Shatford.
Last edited by 1989 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kite

Post by kite »

United have the money to spend. You don't need to save money just because some clubs are trying to brainwash their fans into beliving this. United won't have a problem spending 100m or even far more if they want. It's as simple as that. Not every year like Real Madrid does but certainly once.
I was hoping for them to have a bad season but not as bad as it is. Go out against a decent team in the CL and finish 5th, close to 4th. Because Moyes would survive that. He won't survive what's currently happening. No way. They'll bring in a big coach (as I said I'm certain they'll get van Gaal) and they'll give him money to spend big.
Anyway at least it's great to watch this season :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Moyes is living proof that a Big Teams needs a big time manager .
He has done very well at smaller clubs but like many before him he simply doesn't have what it takes at the next level up.
I remember many on here calling for him to replace the Lord Wenger and I'm very glad he hasn't .
United also have another problem ,he was Fergies choice for replacement and since Fergie is the only person in the UTD Hierarchy that knows anything about football the directors will defer to him ,fergie mindful of his own predicament in his early years at OT may persist with him for a while longer .
RVP and Rooney clearly do not get on so Im hoping this malaise will continue for some time to come !

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

It's funny to see how fickle the media and many pundits are. Pre-Xmas they were saying how desperate Manure were for a creative midfielder. Then they were saying that Mata was the perfect purchase. Now they're all querying how he fits into the team, suggesting he was a panic buy.

There were also many posters on here in the summer clammering for Moyes to replace AW. Are they still keen?

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

augie wrote:
LDB wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
i think its a 2-3 year project to rebuild with their limited cashflow - Fergie really really screwed them imho.
Disagree, he only screwed them in the sense that he gave Moyes the job (unless that's what you mean). I personally don't buy into this stuff about them having a crap squad.

When you look at it they have an embarrassment of attacking riches and plenty of other players that are far from mid table scrappers. I think it was inevitable that they would suffer in the first season after Fergie left, especially without going for a big manager like Maureen. But at the end of the day they've added Januzaj, Fellaini and Mata, and taken nothing away from a team which cantered to the league title last season and yet they're way off the pace for even a top 4 spot and almost out of every other competition.

No, they don't have the best midfield or defence in the league but they have plenty of players there with enough experience and ability to be competitive at the top of the game if managed and motivated properly.

Moyes is way, way out of his depth and has no idea how a team at that level should play.

Still,

Really ?? They have rvp and shrek and as far as proven quality then that is it as far as attacking riches imo - nani is absolute garbage, young hasn't stepped up like I thought he would, januzaj has played at this level for 2 months and done ok, wellbeck is at best average and cleverly is at best absolute shite so I struggle to see why you claim that they have an embarrassment of attacking riches :? I have to say that I did really rate the prospects of chicarito but he hasn't kicked on at all and seems certain to leave in the summer
Rooney and Van Persie when fit and playing well are two of the best strikers in world football.

They have Mata
Kagawa
Januzaj has played at this level for 6 months and looked one of their best players
Most clubs would happily have hernandez and welbeck as the back up options to two world class forwards.
Valencia and young are effective players when on form.

I don't rate Cleverly but he has shown in the past he is at least capable of playing better than he currently is. Carrick has won nearly everything in the game and was their player of the year last year. Fellaini is a player that people have been clamouring for us to sign for years.

Even allowing for the post-Fergie factor their squad is more then good enough to be comfortably top 4 and not losing meekly to Sunderland, Swansea and Olympiakos in the cups.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

LDB wrote:
augie wrote:
LDB wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Still,

Rooney and Van Persie when fit and playing well are two of the best strikers in world football.

They have Mata
Kagawa
Januzaj has played at this level for 6 months and looked one of their best players
Most clubs would happily have hernandez and welbeck as the back up options to two world class forwards.
Valencia and young are effective players when on form.

I don't rate Cleverly but he has shown in the past he is at least capable of playing better than he currently is. Carrick has won nearly everything in the game and was their player of the year last year. Fellaini is a player that people have been clamouring for us to sign for years.

Even allowing for the post-Fergie factor their squad is more then good enough to be comfortably top 4 and not losing meekly to Sunderland, Swansea and Olympiakos in the cups.
Absolutely agree, certain people (you know who you are :wink: ) are trying to downplay a very good manure squad - that has an ex twat of ours that everyone knows we miss badly, a player most would have welcomed with open arms when we were linked and one that nearly everyone said we should sign from Everton - to defend a manager a lot of posters championed to be our next manager :lol:

I am glad I said he would be shit there as he was totally average at Everton as Martinez is now proving.

Oh and one Everyone on here said winger missed out on (mata) another one springs to mind (chicarito) that some are now saying isn't cutting it but wanted them in the summer, etc etc.

Football supporters ay, fickle fuckers aren't we :lol:

Moyes will be gone in the summer.

augie

Post by augie »

LDB, I dont dispute that they should be doing better than they are (although I'm not sure about top 4 comment) but how you are classing kagawa, cleverly, wellbeck, young and valencia as "attacking riches" (the latter two you also described as "effective") is beyond me :o Hernandez, as I said earlier, is a player who I rated but the reality is that he hasnt kicked on at all. Of course they should be doing better (although rvp was injured for a while :roll: ) but an attacking riches group they are not( btw I did forget about mata in my previous post :oops: ), but either way, it is defence that good teams are built on and they are basically shit (and yet we couldnt score against them in two games :oops: :oops: ).

Re other peoples comments deriding those who on here who called for moyes to replace wenker, all I will say is guilty as charged - I thought in the summer that he wouldnt be a big enough name to entice foreign players to sign for them but I do think that he should be doing better. It is clear that the players have stopped trying for him and are basically cutting the legs from under him and once that starts happening the end is nigh. IF he lasts until the summer then it will be a big test of his bottle/ability to be ruthless - he simply has to get rid of the ringleaders (ferdinand, vidic, evra, rvp) so that he can take control of the dressing room because he is wasting his time if he isnt in charge there

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm still laughing! :barscarf: :lol: 8)

I said all along that Moyes was a small club manager. Not as shit as Fat Sam, Curbishly or Pardew, but cut from the same cloth. Add to that list one Martin O'Neill. All managers that are resonably good at a certain level with a certain level of club and player. Small time on a budget they do ok and get hysterical praise from the media (especially if they are British or came up through the English game) that is mostly undeserved. It's only when they step up that they get found out. Fat Sam couldn't even manage the step up to mid table mediocrity at the Toon ffs! :lol: :oops: :lol:

Moyes has no idea how to manage winners and big egos and the massive expectations of a big club. And I for one am fucking delighted! :D 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Loads of them on the talkshite yesterday greetin about their current demise 8) one of them who had been going for 23years..sounded like he was having a meltdown :barscarf: 23 years.. :rubchin: so all he has known is success..boo hoo i thought :lol: absolute cockholes the lot of them.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

wibble wrote:Man United season-ticket holders who don't buy a ticket for the return leg against Olympiakos will have their season ticket suspended for the Manchester derby six days later!

that cant be true surely can it ? - a season ticket is a contract.

its not up front that us the problem - its the midfield, they can't win and keep possesion, dominate a game and set up the forwards, and protect the back four.

ironically, they need their own Ramsay, Flamini and Rosicky.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

augie wrote:LDB, I dont dispute that they should be doing better than they are (although I'm not sure about top 4 comment) but how you are classing kagawa, cleverly, wellbeck, young and valencia as "attacking riches" (the latter two you also described as "effective") is beyond me :o Hernandez, as I said earlier, is a player who I rated but the reality is that he hasnt kicked on at all. Of course they should be doing better (although rvp was injured for a while :roll: ) but an attacking riches group they are not( btw I did forget about mata in my previous post :oops: ), but either way, it is defence that good teams are built on and they are basically shit (and yet we couldnt score against them in two games :oops: :oops: ).

Re other peoples comments deriding those who on here who called for moyes to replace wenker, all I will say is guilty as charged - I thought in the summer that he wouldnt be a big enough name to entice foreign players to sign for them but I do think that he should be doing better. It is clear that the players have stopped trying for him and are basically cutting the legs from under him and once that starts happening the end is nigh. IF he lasts until the summer then it will be a big test of his bottle/ability to be ruthless - he simply has to get rid of the ringleaders (ferdinand, vidic, evra, rvp) so that he can take control of the dressing room because he is wasting his time if he isnt in charge there
I'd take their striking options over ours.

wibble

Post by wibble »

clockender1 wrote:
wibble wrote:Man United season-ticket holders who don't buy a ticket for the return leg against Olympiakos will have their season ticket suspended for the Manchester derby six days later!

that cant be true surely can it ? - a season ticket is a contract.

its not up front that us the problem - its the midfield, they can't win and keep possesion, dominate a game and set up the forwards, and protect the back four.

ironically, they need their own Ramsay, Flamini and Rosicky.
Article about it in yesterdays metro. Apparently as in small print, its not illegal!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/26/mancheste ... b-4324593/

MM99

Post by MM99 »

GranadaJoe wrote:There were also many posters on here in the summer clammering for Moyes to replace AW. Are they still keen?
I remember a few seasons ago when some posters were asking for Wenger to be sacked and replaced by Owen Coyle :lol: