The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Groundhog summer transfer window thread

Post by wibble »

northbank123 wrote:
Robin_L wrote:People whinged when Kallstrom signed and now appear to be whinging that he's leaving again at the end of his LOAN spell. Jesus wept.
Who has been whinging? I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I haven't personally seen complaints on the forum.
Indeed, only complaints on here have been that the original whinging has proved right, i.e. people thought it was a shit signing and at the end of the season it turned out that he was indeed a shit signing

northbank123

Re:

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
markyp wrote:with a choice of Vela or Remy im not fussed although it would be nice to see Vela back in an Arsenal shirt,hes definitely matured and looks a really decent player,i don't see the point is us nurturing these players then loaning them out to get them game time then selling them with a buy back clause and then when they finally show some ability not buying them back,Velas available for peanuts,hes worth a punt for sure otherwise lets just pack up the development system right now :shock:
Is he though? We all know we're only going to sign one striker this year, I don't want it to be him. I'm not naive enough to think we're gonna go out and sign a genuinely world class striker but equally I am still gonna set my stall higher than Vela. It may not be much money on the line but if he comes and can't cut it (again) we'll be stuck with at least another 2 seasons of watching sub-standard strikers.
but at just 3m it doesn't matter if he flops,knowing Wenker nobody is coming so id take vela over nobody.what a fucking piss poor money grabbing club we've become :oops:
If it was Vela or nobody I wouldn't mind. But I think there is a fair chance we will sign somebody, particularly as Podolski leaving wouldn't be a massive surprise. As I said I'm not expecting a world class striker but I'm still not willing to settle for Vela.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Is everyone forgetting about Joel Campell,hes the reason wenger wont buy another striker :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Giroud, Sanogo, Akpom, Joel Campbell and Vela

Who said we had no strikers you bloody whingers !

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

SteveO 35 wrote:Giroud, Sanogo, Akpom, Joel Campbell and Vela

Who said we had no strikers you bloody whingers !
ARSENE WHINGER :barscarf: :barscarf:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Is everyone forgetting about Joel Campell,hes the reason wenger wont buy another striker :roll:
he'll be like a new signing. a new, shit signing.

business done already, off to brazil you go wenger :barscarf:

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

when Feo comes back he'll be like a new signing! along with some unheard of guys from league one!

there is no way this winter is EVER going to end... /groundhog day

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:The Premier League is fast paced, defensively stronger and more unpredictable than other leagues. Last nights score wouldn't of happened in La Liga.
I'll have to disagree about the unpredictability factor. Look at what happened in Spain this weekend:

Barcelona 2 - 2 Getafe (last minute equaliser)
Levante 2 - 0 Atletico Madrid
Real Madrid 2 - 2 Valencia (last minute equaliser)

The top three, all in need of points, collectively dropped 7 points. It was an unbelievable weekend.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

SteveO 35

Re:

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Gunner wrote:Another nearly signing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... azard.html
This virtual XI we've accumulated would give the Invincibles a good stuffing !

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Javi Martinez has said the situation with Pep is "Not as I'd imagined it." Bild are reporting that he'd consider leaving, Arsenal interested
10:35pm - 6 May 14

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are set to table a £12m bid for Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin at the end of the season.

We were in for Schneiderlin last summer and is was widely reported back in January that we had an unspecified formal offer turned down by the Saints.

However, it seems Arsene Wenger hasn’t given up hope of landing the France international with the Daily Star claiming that we will go back in with a £12m offer in the coming weeks.

The boss has supposedly made a defensive midfielder a top priority this summer, along with a new striker, and it appears Schneiderlin is right at the top of his hit-list.

The report comes after another target, Lars Bender, confirmed he’s not interested in leaving Bayer Leverkusen this summer so it seems Wenger may now have turned his attention to the Southampton ace.

The 24-year-old has been in excellent form over the past 24 months and I think he’d be a superb signing. It’s clear we need an athletic defensive midfielder to replace Mikel Arteta next season and as he has plenty of Premier League experience, Schneiderlin may actually be a better bet than Bender, and he’s likely to be a little cheaper too.

Hopefully we can get a deal done but I don’t think Southampton will let him go easily, especially if the likes of Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana are prized away.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Arsenal are set to table a £12m bid for Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin at the end of the season.

We were in for Schneiderlin last summer and is was widely reported back in January that we had an unspecified formal offer turned down by the Saints.

However, it seems Arsene Wenger hasn’t given up hope of landing the France international with the Daily Star claiming that we will go back in with a £12m offer in the coming weeks.

The boss has supposedly made a defensive midfielder a top priority this summer, along with a new striker, and it appears Schneiderlin is right at the top of his hit-list.

The report comes after another target, Lars Bender, confirmed he’s not interested in leaving Bayer Leverkusen this summer so it seems Wenger may now have turned his attention to the Southampton ace.

The 24-year-old has been in excellent form over the past 24 months and I think he’d be a superb signing. It’s clear we need an athletic defensive midfielder to replace Mikel Arteta next season and as he has plenty of Premier League experience, Schneiderlin may actually be a better bet than Bender, and he’s likely to be a little cheaper too.

Hopefully we can get a deal done but I don’t think Southampton will let him go easily, especially if the likes of Luke Shaw and Adam Lallana are prized away.
£12mil is a steal. I think Lallana will stay as there's not really room for him at any of the bigger clubs and has been at Southampton his entire career. They're building a good core of talent there and I would tip them to challenge for 5th next season.

MrT

Post by MrT »

Can't wait for Remy and Schneiderlin to join, it will send shivers down every mid table club's spine.

Post by 1989 »

mcdowell42 wrote:Javi Martinez has said the situation with Pep is "Not as I'd imagined it." Bild are reporting that he'd consider leaving, Arsenal interested
10:35pm - 6 May 14
Yes please.