sunderland away pubs

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
AFC_AD

sunderland away pubs

Post by AFC_AD »

Where is everyone drinking before sunderland away?. I heard the albion takes away fans

BubalooDan

Re: sunderland away pubs

Post by BubalooDan »

In Newcastle

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BubalooDan wrote:In Newcastle
Aren't they the same place? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

AFC_AD

Post by AFC_AD »

Anywhere in particular?

BubalooDan

Post by BubalooDan »

DB10GOONER wrote:
BubalooDan wrote:In Newcastle
Aren't they the same place? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:
Yes basically but the women have lower (if any) standards in Newcastle, so we'll be trying our luck there :lol:

AFC_AC - Theres a big pub called 'The Three Bulls Head' that we went to last year before getting the train to Sunderland. Quite close to station and a tasty pint.

remigardeshair

Post by remigardeshair »

There's (or at least used to be)a proper old school pub not far from Newcastle station with strippers (the old style rough as old boots, wander round with a pint glass after their show type 8) ) which is a brilliant place.

However I cant recall its name or where it is, so not really much help at all.

Have fun.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

Newcastle's shite, come and drink in Sunderland. No "home fan only" pubs in Sunderland, loads to choose from in the city centre and no chance of any bother, just some decent pre match banter and, if you go to "illusions" theyll have ropey stripers getting their fannies out. Plus our women are just as easy as the ones in Newcastle (one of them, me lass, even let me get her pregnant and that so yer knaa, obviously no standards to speak of!)

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

safcftm wrote:Newcastle's shite, come and drink in Sunderland. No "home fan only" pubs in Sunderland, loads to choose from in the city centre and no chance of any bother, just some decent pre match banter and, if you go to "illusions" theyll have ropey stripers getting their fannies out. Plus our women are just as easy as the ones in Newcastle (one of them, me lass, even let me get her pregnant and that so yer knaa, obviously no standards to speak of!)
Youve lost me mate, are we talking about the Sunderland Stripes here :oops: :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sunderland is a quality night out. When I went to Newcastle for the famous 'Dennis goal' (which he definitely fucking meant incidentally !) stayed in Sunderland because the shit-for-brains organiser of our trip forgot to book the rooms till the last minute......turned out to be one of the funniest and best nights out ever.

MM99

Post by MM99 »

safcftm wrote:Newcastle's shite, come and drink in Sunderland. No "home fan only" pubs in Sunderland, loads to choose from in the city centre and no chance of any bother, just some decent pre match banter and, if you go to "illusions" theyll have ropey stripers getting their fannies out. Plus our women are just as easy as the ones in Newcastle (one of them, me lass, even let me get her pregnant and that so yer knaa, obviously no standards to speak of!)
Any in particular that you would recommend mate? Preferably close to the ground.

villej

Post by villej »

MM99 wrote:
Any in particular that you would recommend mate? Preferably close to the ground.
Colliery Tavern, I think it is closest to the ground. It was two years ago I visited but then it was full of gooners. Also The Wheatsheaf is very close to ground but it was mostly Sunderland supporters there.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

MM99 wrote:
Yeah, as mentioned below the colliery tavern is a good shout- very near the ground and theres normally gooners in there. The wheatsheaf is near the ground too and, although it will definitely be more sunderland, there will be a few random gooners there as well (its the nearest we have to a "home fans" pub and some clubs wouldnt feel too welcome there but honestly the arsenal fans tend to be made welcome in any of the pubs in sunderland, we've always got on well with them.)

Personally though if you had the time id just do a pub crawl in the centre of sunderland - greens is canny, next door is establishment (a bit shit tbh) then the lambton worm (weatherspoons), all 3 of them have pints for a couple of quid. Then keep walking up and youve got fitzgeralds (irishy place, good atmosphere normally) and a couple others before you get to the livelier weatherspoons (the cooper rose). From there a quick one in ttonic, stop off in illusions if you want strippers, a shite comedian and trebles for £3, then go to gatsbys (decent place), through the bridges shopping centre to get to the londonderry (£1.85 a pint and a nice pub) then over the bridge and into the ground.

I dont recommend going to all these places like, you wouldnt remember the game! On second thoughts actually that might be a good thing. Hope you all enjoy the trip, and remember, drinking in newcastle is cheating!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

MM99 wrote:
Women? It's probably important they're close to the ground.

:shock: :D