THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Offside

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Offside »

The thing about Mancini is that he wouldn't take any bullshit from the players. I guess that's one of the reasons Man City lost the plot when they were trying to retain the title in 2012/13 because there was too much tension. There has to be a balance but I'd love someone like him to administer a short, sharp shock to our pampered players.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i'd love someone who could buy a DM who is young and fit.

not much to ask is it ?

is it ?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

clockender1 wrote:Roberto Mancinci is putting himself in the frame to succeed wenger ( :wink: )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ncini.html
'I would have loved to have managed Arsenal, a club with a special charm. But there is still time,' the Italian told Corriere dello Sport.
I would love mancini - sacked for not winning the CL in 2 years at city - always liked the guy, i hope he does a good job at Inter. I think his style of play and manner would suit us.
Mancini was apparently very unpopular in the end with the City players....that is not always a bad thing but it could also be disruptive. Anything that awakens our team from it's comfort zone slumber would be welcome.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Mancini is definitely an interesting option, the biggest issue any manager has coming to us is being given the time and resources to reorganise.

If certain elements of the fans don't see immediate results it may cause an even bigger schism from all the 'we told you so's'.

Personally when he goes, and hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later, I'm more than willing to give his successor a couple of seasons to rebuild and reorganise, a lot of the 'newer' fans wont.

One thing i did want to ask you all is whether you think that what I see as Wenger's serious loss of prestige and credibility as a manager due to bad results against top teams both domestically and especially outside the EPL (my opinion i know) over the last few seasons has actually had a more serious detrimental effect on our attempts to buy more top class players.

For a number of seasons now we have been linked with a number of top players, allegedly, but always with a couple of obvious exceptions have missed out. I know many people think footballers aren't always the brightest bunch but even if they aren't they have agents and management teams who are incredibly shrewd, if you were a real world class player would you honestly come to The Arsenal with him in charge especially if you were looking at previous matches against top opposition?

wibble

Post by wibble »

Offside wrote:The thing about Mancini is that he wouldn't take any bullshit from the players. I guess that's one of the reasons Man City lost the plot when they were trying to retain the title in 2012/13 because there was too much tension. There has to be a balance but I'd love someone like him to administer a short, sharp shock to our pampered players.
Di Canio?!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

This torture will go on for years yet.

WHY? Because -

1. Wenger is revered for the early years.
2. Wenger has enough resources at his disposal to win just enough games to keep the media onside.
3. Wenger has enough resources at his disposal to win just enough games to keep enough fans onside.
4. The owner is concerned only with profits.

The ONLY thing that will end this torture is when thousands of us organise ourselves and protest inside and outside the ground. How did it get this bad??

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The man has the most important resource in football....... endless luck when the pressure is on :banghead:

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

Fucking distraught that the momentum growing against Wenger will subside.

Sanogo has scored, Klopp is shit, we've qualified again. I feel the bile rising already.

'Fickle'will be our label :banghead:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

weeks of pressure just pissed away on a poxy meaningless game...disappointing....really disappointing!!!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

GoonerMuzz wrote:The man has the most important resource in football....... endless luck when the pressure is on :banghead:
Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good !!

augie

Post by augie »

c.unts :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I can see it now bang 3 past WBA, scrape a draw against Southampton and to the media and the flip floppers he is the greatest manager ever again.

The man has more lives than 20 cats...

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Steve O probably hasn't bothered tonight seeing that we won, so allow me...

:barscarf: ONE ARSENE WENGER! :barscarf: :barscarf: THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER! :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Still and always will be 100% against 8)

Humoresque

Post by Humoresque »

he's got a horseshoe up his arse....