[POLL] Should we have bought back Cesc Fabregas?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Would you buy Cesc Fabregas this summer?

YES
68%
NO
22%
MAYBE
10%

Total votes: 145

Henry Norris 1913

Re: [POLL] Should we have bought back Cesc Fabregas?

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

lets be honest here, it's the opinion of those on here that count, but those in the bowl tomorrow. You can guarantee he will get stick. I remember the capital one cup match v citeh in 2011, some daft bellend has cut up some small pieces of paper resembling money and started taunting nasri with it. needless to say he looked like a deplorable mong and thats difficult to do when your surrounded by emirates matchgoing fans :oops:

i could't give two shits about cesc, just another foreign player who wore the Arsenal shirt once, then left. no-one who could play for chelsea could be considered an AFC legend, unless your name is David Rocastle and you were carted out the club with no choice of coming back.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Shocking omission from the PFA team of the year. Coutinho did fuck all for months and even now many of his big performances and goals have come in the FA cup. Whatever your thoughts on Fabregas he was a standout performer for 6 months and a huge reason for Chelsea opening up the unassailable lead.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

northbank123 wrote:Shocking omission from the PFA team of the year. Coutinho did fuck all for months and even now many of his big performances and goals have come in the FA cup. Whatever your thoughts on Fabregas he was a standout performer for 6 months and a huge reason for Chelsea opening up the unassailable lead.
Completely agree, always the way, shocking as it is given the powerful people that picked the team, but as with all of us we favour the most recent days and weeks over performances months ago. I expect Hazard or Costa will get the Chavs player of the season, but Cesc predictably has been the game changer really for them this season.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Theoperator wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Shocking omission from the PFA team of the year. Coutinho did fuck all for months and even now many of his big performances and goals have come in the FA cup. Whatever your thoughts on Fabregas he was a standout performer for 6 months and a huge reason for Chelsea opening up the unassailable lead.
Completely agree, always the way, shocking as it is given the powerful people that picked the team, but as with all of us we favour the most recent days and weeks over performances months ago. I expect Hazard or Costa will get the Chavs player of the season, but Cesc predictably has been the game changer really for them this season.
Being PFA player of the season presumably it was voted for by the players, but the exclusion of Fabregas for Coutinho makes me think it was probably voted for recently.

Whereas unless I'm mistaken the player of the season gets voted for in January/February for some reason, hence a few surprising results.

Kallstrom29

Post by Kallstrom29 »

Cesc still has a banner on the Ken Friar bridge. He is officially an Arsenal legend, He should have been treated like a girlfriend you once loved but parted ways with. No standing ovation, no booing - just remember the good times and treat him with indifference.

Shame he got both! Which is just weird...

He threw pizza at Fergie. LEGEND :barscarf:
Last edited by Kallstrom29 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

To be fair I didn't really hold any bitterness or anger towards him before but it's different when you see him stepping out at our place with one of those *word censored* jerseys on.

Nuggets

Post by Nuggets »

He is a diving £unt.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I was ashamed when he was booed. We used to be "posh", the Arsenal. The class team in the league, but no more.. :(

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

Thanks Arsene

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

He got a round of applause, but I wouldn't give him the steam off my piss.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TheCook wrote:He got a round of applause, but I wouldn't give him the steam off my piss.
Exactly. Fuck him. He dived to try win his new love a penno against his old love. He is a chav now. He was never an Arsenal legend, but he was (and is) a very very good footballer. But now a very very good chav footballer.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I doubt if I'd booed or clapped. Maybe he's a victim of the wilderness years.

I'd have given him shit all game for just being at C :censored: sea though, like any other of C :censored: sea player

:barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
TheCook wrote:He got a round of applause, but I wouldn't give him the steam off my piss.
Exactly. Fuck him. He dived to try win his new love a penno against his old love. He is a chav now. He was never an Arsenal legend, but he was (and is) a very very good footballer. But now a very very good chav cuntt of afootballer.
Needed a bit of an addition there mate. :wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

donaldo71 wrote:Thanks Arsene

How good was Henry that season!

24 league goals
20 league assists

still think there was some sort of conspiracy going on to stop Henry winning world player

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Did you have a special "sod off" banner for another nasty old Jonny Foreigner ?