Barcodes away.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Swifty

Re: Barcodes away.

Post by Swifty »

g88ner wrote:
Swifty wrote:Totally lacking in endeavour and enthusiasm. We are bereft of character. Arteta on for Ox? Happy with 1-0 OG result! Newcastle deserve a point to be fair.
Based on what?

They had no shots, were lucky not to concede a penalty and correctly had a man sent off for a dirty studs up challenge. We dominated at 11 v 11 and then spent the rest of the game camped in their half as Newcastle defending deep.

Fair enough we didn't make the most of it and credit to them for not giving up and keeping their shape but they didn't deserve a point. No way.
Because they tried their guts out. Our mob are more concerned with keeping their hair tidy.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Gunner Rob wrote:I will be positive

I think that Bellerin will become world class
Sprinter or hairdresser ?

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Swifty wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Swifty wrote:Totally lacking in endeavour and enthusiasm. We are bereft of character. Arteta on for Ox? Happy with 1-0 OG result! Newcastle deserve a point to be fair.
Based on what?

They had no shots, were lucky not to concede a penalty and correctly had a man sent off for a dirty studs up challenge. We dominated at 11 v 11 and then spent the rest of the game camped in their half as Newcastle defending deep.

Fair enough we didn't make the most of it and credit to them for not giving up and keeping their shape but they didn't deserve a point. No way.
Because they tried their guts out. Our mob are more concerned with keeping their hair tidy.
A pity point for being plucky? :D - with all due respect, this isn't primary school where you can a medal for taking part in a race.

I understand where you're coming from be there's no way Newcastle did enough today to deserve parity with Arsenal. As I said, Bellerin should have had a certain penalty, they were daft enough to get a man sent off for a dirty little challenge, we dominated territory and possession at 11 v11 and 11 v 10, whilst Cech didn't have a shot to save.
- By any tangible measure they didn't deserve a point as they never came close to scoring or even threatening to do so.

Arsenal weren't great though. Too one paced. But that doesn't mean Newcastle deserved a point.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Swifty wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Based on what?

We controlled the game from start to finish, Newcastle lacked discipline and got exactly what they deserved.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
Swifty wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Based on what?

A pity point for being plucky? :D - with all due respect, this isn't primary school where you can a medal for taking part in a race.

I understand where you're coming from be there's no way Newcastle did enough today to deserve parity with Arsenal. As I said, Bellerin should have had a certain penalty, they were daft enough to get a man sent off for a dirty little challenge, we dominated territory and possession at 11 v11 and 11 v 10, whilst Cech didn't have a shot to save.
- By any tangible measure they didn't deserve a point as they never came close to scoring or even threatening to do so.

Arsenal weren't great though. Too one paced. But that doesn't mean Newcastle deserved a point.
You don't have to show due respect, g88ner, when confronted with such stupidity.

Newcastl deserved -1 point if anything. Dirty :censored:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

arseofacrow wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Swifty wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Based on what?

You don't have to show due respect, g88ner, when confronted with such stupidity.

Newcastl deserved -1 point if anything. Dirty :censored:

Newcastle deserved nothing from that game, they were an absolute disgrace, should have had 2 sent off and a penalty conceded
They showed nothing 1-0 down at home and don't even have a go FFS, think they were happy at conceding just the one goal

Arsenal were far superior and they knew it thats exactly why they tried what they did, fuck knows how many time Sanchez was fouled

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Swifty wrote:
g88ner wrote:
Based on what?

Bollox they did fuck all and deserved Fuck all....you watching another game Mug

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
g88ner wrote:Get Giroud on. Theo doesn't suit these games.

Coquelin had a very good half and although without success, it's great to see Ramsey driving into the box.

Wally is not and never will be a lone striker in our system - I have argued that for a long time with fools who have argued that the clown is a striker, and that is based on nothing only the fact that he has speed :roll: His finishing is erratic, he only has one string to his bow (running onto through balls behind the defence) and is therefore easily nullified, and he has zero physical presence or ability to link up the game :oops: :oops:

As disappointed as I am that the victims didn't hand over 20-25m for him to replace sterling, the fact that we are now paying the useless fcuk £140k per week has driven me to a whole new level of anger and frustration :cry:
How Walcott can earn £140,000 for that display is mind boggling, no composure what so ever in front of goal continually makes wrong choices....TBF he's fast, thats it really......and seems a nice lad but will never make a footballer

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Redarmy, we're all for a bit of pisstake, but keep the personal insults (mug) out of it. Cheers.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Sorry, but that’s bollocks.

Newcastle got exactly what they deserved – nothing.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Chippy wrote:Redarmy, we're all for a bit of pisstake, but keep the personal insults (mug) out of it. Cheers.
All good chippy , As a CB in my 37th season I'm appreciative of an Adams/McKeown backs against the wall defensive display. If old mate says that make me a mug then so be it. We were pathetic today and our efforts reflected our managers lack of engagement.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

I will say this - the comments suggesting Newcastle were overly hard must never have played. A couple of softish tackles hardly made it a bloodbath. Maybe our team reflects how delicate our supporters are. The sooner we get some steel in our side the closer we will be to winning something.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Exactly what I was expecting to be honest, a scraped 1-0 against a dogshite side with 10-men that we should be absolutely steamrolling. Can't wait to hear all about our 'mental strength' and how we've 'bounced back'.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Swifty wrote:I will say this - the comments suggesting Newcastle were overly hard must never have played. A couple of softish tackles hardly made it a bloodbath. Maybe our team reflects how delicate our supporters are. The sooner we get some steel in our side the closer we will be to winning something.
Newcastle weren't hard and aggressive in a meaningful way - they were simply clumsy and lacked discipline :oops: :lol: That's way they ended up with a man sent off after 16 mins as well as 6 or 7 yellow card and an endless stream of fouls and breaks in play.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

g88ner wrote:
Swifty wrote:I will say this - the comments suggesting Newcastle were overly hard must never have played. A couple of softish tackles hardly made it a bloodbath. Maybe our team reflects how delicate our supporters are. The sooner we get some steel in our side the closer we will be to winning something.
Newcastle weren't hard and aggressive in a meaningful way - they were simply clumsy and lacked discipline :oops: :lol: That's way they ended up with a man sent off after 16 mins as well as 6 or 7 yellow card and an endless stream of fouls and breaks in play.
stop digging swifty

:wink: