Swans away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Swans away

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:We are playing Swansea who have been dire this season, one win in 5 so why is everyone pessimistic :?

Ox was mainly bench warmer this season and when he has played has been pants (and I tipped him to be a sensation this season :( )

90% of this forum think Theo is shit so surely we won't miss him (yes I rate him played in the right role).

Ramsey also has been pilloried on this forum so again we won't miss him.....surely.

Looks to me that this forum is getting its Christmas early :barscarf: :wink: :lol:

I haven't got a clue what the score will be but I would back The Arsenal to win this one.

Largely agree with most of what lefty has said here :shock: :shock: :oops: :wink:

Personally I will never forgive wally for his performance in the corresponding fixture last season - we have a guy that always talks himself up and especially in international terms, and he played the most selfish performance that I have ever seen as he hung chambers out to dry :evil: The young kid was an absolute novice and was getting torn a new one by Montero, but not once did wally drop back to help protect the kid and help him out, and that was the day that convinced me that wally is all about wally :evil: :evil:

The problem with the out of form ox and the out of position thus ineffective ramsey missing, is that we have no alternatives for that right wing position - the likelihood is that le cock will revert to playing either ozil and cazorla on the wing, and we all know how successful that has been in the past :roll:

I watched most of Swansea's game on the Monday night last week, and I have to say that they were absolute dogshite :o They had nothing going forward and ayew and gomis were about as useful as a paper umbrella :roll: It is a testament to how average they are, that shelvey is the most important player that they have (although I rate ki more tbh) and if we nullify him then they are done as far as I am concerned 8) The only slight issue I have is that giroud will be up front and he is exactly the type of player that Williams likes playing against.

1-2 to The Arsenal :barscarf:
:shock:

Kind of feel dirty now so I retract my post forthwith :? :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
augie wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:We are playing Swansea who have been dire this season, one win in 5 so why is everyone pessimistic :?

Ox was mainly bench warmer this season and when he has played has been pants (and I tipped him to be a sensation this season :( )

90% of this forum think Theo is shit so surely we won't miss him (yes I rate him played in the right role).

Ramsey also has been pilloried on this forum so again we won't miss him.....surely.

Looks to me that this forum is getting its Christmas early :barscarf: :wink: :lol:

I haven't got a clue what the score will be but I would back The Arsenal to win this one.

Largely agree with most of what lefty has said here :shock: :shock: :oops: :wink:

Personally I will never forgive wally for his performance in the corresponding fixture last season - we have a guy that always talks himself up and especially in international terms, and he played the most selfish performance that I have ever seen as he hung chambers out to dry :evil: The young kid was an absolute novice and was getting torn a new one by Montero, but not once did wally drop back to help protect the kid and help him out, and that was the day that convinced me that wally is all about wally :evil: :evil:

The problem with the out of form ox and the out of position thus ineffective ramsey missing, is that we have no alternatives for that right wing position - the likelihood is that le cock will revert to playing either ozil and cazorla on the wing, and we all know how successful that has been in the past :roll:

I watched most of Swansea's game on the Monday night last week, and I have to say that they were absolute dogshite :o They had nothing going forward and ayew and gomis were about as useful as a paper umbrella :roll: It is a testament to how average they are, that shelvey is the most important player that they have (although I rate ki more tbh) and if we nullify him then they are done as far as I am concerned 8) The only slight issue I have is that giroud will be up front and he is exactly the type of player that Williams likes playing against.

1-2 to The Arsenal :barscarf:

Kind of feel dirty now so I retract my post forthwith :? :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

In other news; we will fuck 'em 1-3. 8)

Okay, maybe. 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I've been feeling this way for some time (not just this season) but it has come to be that whenever we play ox, I feel sure we are going to get a negative result. In fact I'm actually starting to associate the bloke with disappointing results. I love the lad but unfortunately he seems to try too hard and fails to do the simple things. Maybe it's the pressure getting to him but we look so much better as a team without him, looking at how many minutes he's had this season without a goal or an assist to his name says it all.

I feel (as much as many other things it would) it would be beneficial for a new manager to come in and give him the coaching he needs with the right level of patience and strictness. I get the feeling his career is passing him by, a bit like gibbs, where these players should have come on leaps and bounds but have just stalled. In fact the only british player I'd really like to see in the team right now is jack, but even that is a bit dodgy. I'm not totally confident any of our young players are improving as they should :|

fuck it , that was a sad post. thank fuck for sanchez and cazorla. we should- should nick this. 2-1 Arse :barscarf:

Sean

Post by Sean »

They have our number (who hasn't?), so I'm not expecting a win going on previous results :(

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

After watching Arsenal over the years and seeing how there results pan out, I have a feeling we are going to loose at Swansea
followed up by another loss against Munich......

Really hope I'm wrong though.......

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Campbell will probably play wide right so he can get back & help look after Montero. On Tuesday he made a couple of half decent tackles. Some say like Ox all he needs 'MAYBE' is game time to improve. I hope so cos I can't see either Feo or Ox as a long term solutions. The have not improved in a long time.
2-1 to us. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ray C wrote:Campbell will probably play wide right so he can get back & help look after Montero. On Tuesday he made a couple of half decent tackles. Some say like Ox all he needs 'MAYBE' is game time to improve. I hope so cos I can't see either Feo or Ox as a long term solutions. The have not improved in a long time.
2-1 to us. :barscarf: :barscarf:
In theory that is sound. But in reality Campbell is an absolute moron when it comes to tackling. He accumulates too many niggly stupid fouls and if we look to him to try and work on Montero he will be off with two yellows within the first half. :|

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

We need a win here to lift the spirits after Wednesday debacle.

I would try Bellerin on right wing and put Debuchy to RB. Yes I know Debuchy is shit but so is Campbell and I wouldn't take Santi away from midfield at any price.

Depth in squad would help but of course it isn't important when it come to The Arsenal it seems... :banghead:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

Has a similar feeling to a couple of seasons ago when Rambo and Gnabry scored. We had a few injuries and the win sent us top......let's hope this repeats itself. They are not as annoying with the keep ball as they used to be when they first came into the PL. Our lack of pace is my biggest concern. If wenky goes Iwobi or Campbell they surely will look better playing with class players.

0-2 to the Arsenal :barscarf:

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

I am forecasting Ozil to play on the right, Santi to play in Ozils role, and Chambers partnering Coq in the middle.
I can't see Campbell being up to the task of playing wide right.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Id play Sanchez through the middle, Gibbs on the left and Ozil on the right, coquelin, flamini, carzola in the middle. A bit defensive but Swansea have done us on the break. Giroud will be pocketed by Williams if he plays. Bellerin can handle Montero, it was chambers that was twisted by him last season. We should win this.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:We need a win here to lift the spirits after Wednesday debacle.

I would try Bellerin on right wing and put Debuchy to RB. Yes I know Debuchy is shit but so is Campbell and I wouldn't take Santi away from midfield at any price.

Depth in squad would help but of course it isn't important when it come to The Arsenal it seems... :banghead:

That's not such a bad idea. We've no obvious cover for wide right and the two of them together should keep that side secure. Bellerin's decision making is still a bit erratic but he's got pace and can cross and shoot reasonably well.
It might even give Debuchy the chance to recover some form. I know he's been suspect lately, but he did really well for us when he first arrived (before he got mugged while off the pitch!).

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

feeling confident 2-0 win

a Sanchez special followed by a Giroud tap in :barscarf:

slevinlacey

Post by slevinlacey »

If Crowley has been recalled can see him on the bench.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Cannot see us winning this. There are certain games where the backbone we lack is most prominent. Stoke away...... this is one of the others. And of course our "strike force" has been halved.