THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ikechukwu1

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

So Pep will be on £15m a year at Citeh. :shock:
Absolute Disgrace as that's nearly twice what our Trou du Cul is on! I hope Kroenke and Gazidis match parity for Arsene's next deal.
Look at what Pep has done this past decade then look at Our Trou Du Cul. How many FA cups has Pep got? And how many other managers have the record of beating a Pep Guardiola team TWICE in the CL? (Ignore that both narrow wins were followed up by absolute drubbings)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Ikechukwu1 wrote:So Pep will be on £15m a year at Citeh. :shock:
Absolute Disgrace as that's nearly twice what our Trou du Cul is on! I hope Kroenke and Gazidis match parity for Arsene's next deal.
Look at what Pep has done this past decade then look at Our Trou Du Cul. How many FA cups has Pep got? And how many other managers have the record of beating a Pep Guardiola team TWICE in the CL? (Ignore that both narrow wins were followed up by absolute drubbings)
How many times has he been beaten 8-2, only to win the really important game in the chumps league qualifiers? How many times has he masterminded defeats to teams like Bradford, Burnley, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, given away a four-goal lead, sold all his best players, injured everyone else and STILL, finished in the top four every season, miles off the pace in a two horse race? How many times has he led the table for the most amount of weeks and still not managed to win the league? How many times has he played a Chumps league game and not registered a single shot on goal in the whole 90 minutes plus stoppage time? How many times has he pulled transfer coups like Sanogo, Park, Chamakh, Silvestre, Squillaci, Bischoff? How many times has he nearly signed Ronaldo, Drogba, Zlatan, Yaya Toure, Beckham, Alonso, Tevez or Rooney? Never, I tell you never! Pray for Wenger, pray for a pay rise. Pray for another twenty years!

Sean

Post by Sean »

He has pissed away yet another transfer window and he will piss away yet another league title. FUCK OFF, WENGER! :censored:

We have to suffer through another three and a half years of this C.UNT? :suicide:

:cussing:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You ungrateful fucking reprobates moaning about dear old Arsene not strengthening the squad. How the hell was he supposed to do it when nobody came -

Knock-knock-knockin' on Arsene's door
Is it Leo Messi or that French rapper whore
Knock-knock-knockin' on Arsene's door
Ya Ya Sanogo for the Ballon d'or

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

4 more years.......

Ivan, sign him up
Ivan Ivan sign him up
Ivan, sign him up
Ivan Ivan sign him up

:barscarf:

Christ I think I'm going delirious.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

That raises a question..... where is Sanogo??? Surely nobody has borrowed him??? Or has he been quietly sold on at a leeeetle bit of a loss. Mind you we couldn't have lost money, didn't he only cost about a grand?

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

xisstential wrote:That raises a question..... where is Sanogo??
Charlton on loan!

Weren't we told by Wenger that it would be a busy transfer window this year? I guess he was referring to the youngsters he would be loaning out then!

glenngould

Post by glenngould »

“I felt on the day [in December] we did not have the mental energy. We put a lot in. It was Christmas, we always go to Southampton at the Christmas period. We got caught by a team that was full of desire.”

Fair enough - it was CHRISTMAS!!! Champions always lose at Christmas. I mean, after all, it's CHRISTMAS, innit? Why would you turn up in Southampton at CHRISTMAS and try to win a football match? Hope today isn't one of the players' birthdays, otherwise we'll lose again. Bit concerned about the Leicester home match - it's on Valentine's Day...

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

How fitting that today, February 2nd is........Groundhog Day :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rob Admin wrote:
xisstential wrote:That raises a question..... where is Sanogo??
Charlton on loan!

Weren't we told by Wenger that it would be a busy transfer window this year? I guess he was referring to the youngsters he would be loaning out then!
Busy for us is when we sign somebody, hectic when we sign two, frantic is three. Anybody on here ever seen frantic??? Actually didn't we have a frantic after that 8 - 2 thrashing?? That's when we snatched Mertersucker from under the noses of....... nobody.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Wenger on the recent league form

“I don’t feel that we have really struggled recently because we had two difficult away games with Stoke and Liverpool and we didn’t lose. We had a bad result against Chelsea and of course, if you put the three results together, it looks like we’ve struggled but overall the Chelsea result is under special circumstances."

what special circumstances were they then??

Sean

Post by Sean »

rodders999 wrote:How fitting that today, February 2nd is........Groundhog Day :barscarf:

This is what it feels like to be an Arsenal fan :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

This surely is Wengers season of judgement, no doubt about it in a season when the title race is wide open and he signs only the one outfield player, at that an unknown Egyptian guy for around 5 million

If he manages to steer them to the title i will be delirious, and will be first to laud his achievement, but If as expected he fucks up, it will really be unforgivable

Just imagine Leicester or Tottenham winning it, proof that it was there for the taking

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Sean wrote:
rodders999 wrote:How fitting that today, February 2nd is........Groundhog Day :barscarf:

This is what it feels like to be an Arsenal fan :banghead:
I concur :( another wasted window and another chase for 4th..this is why we left highbury boys and girls :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:This surely is Wengers season of judgement, no doubt about it in a season when the title race is wide open and he signs only the one outfield player, at that an unknown Egyptian guy for around 5 million

If he manages to steer them to the title i will be delirious, and will be first to laud his achievement, but If as expected he fucks up, it will really be unforgivable

Just imagine Leicester or Tottenham winning it, proof that it was there for the taking
sorry but no it isnt

if we (as I expect) win nothing this season, then the AKBs will just say that "we can't expect to win trophies every season" and "Wenger got us challenging for the title this season, if we buy one or two more players this summer we should win it next season"

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I actually hate the man now. There's no respect left for him and the way he treats the club and fans. I've said for years that he's a spineless, arrogant, egotistical *word censored* that is incapable for thinking about anyone other than himself. The man has no morals, no principles and if he does care about the club as much as he claims he does, he should be banging down doors to get players in. He is like a truly despicable dictator who should be using his enormous power and influence for good but chooses to use it for his own selfish ends. Just fuck off, you snide old *word censored*.