Leicester - go on and do it if we don't

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Leicester - go on and do it if we don't

Post by xisstential »

Offside wrote:
dPmunky wrote:Will Leicester winning the league make our last 10 years look worse??!
Much, much worse because Leicester, with fewer resources and less quality, will have done what Wenger said was impossible.

It'll shine a very harsh light on Wenger's inability to organise the defence properly, adopt proper tactics and create a winning mentality and team spirit. Can you imagine us, in the last 10 years, at this stage of the season, going away to a title rival and winning 3-1? No, neither can I.

People will start saying, "so Arsene, this whole time you convinced everyone that 4th place was a trophy but with a bit more nous and organisation, you could actually have won a few Premier League titles". :lol: :lol:
No they won't, which people?? Only the same people who are criticising him now will rub his face in it even more. Nobody else will, most certainly not the press. And Wenger will deflect it anyway, after all they beat the oil rich clubs, that's a bigger story. I honestly do not know what it will take. I seriously believe that, ad nauseum, as long as we get CL football he is safe. He doesn't care what anybody says anyway, they don't pay him, Kroenke does. Do you honestly think Stan is gonna come to Wenger demanding to know how in hell Leicester won it??? Forget it, the title, if we ever win it, will be nothing more than an unexpected bonus. And with Pep at City that prick at Man.U, spurs..... we are going to fall even further down the table :cry: :cry:

Sean

Post by Sean »

If and when we do fuck it up again, I hope Leicester do win it. As others have said, it will highlight TOF's sheer incompetence since 2008 and he'll be unable to blame 'oil money' or 'financial doping'.

This title should have been ours, we should have been at least 10-15 points clear by now :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Sean wrote:If and when we do fuck it up again, I hope Leicester do win it. As others have said, it will highlight TOF's sheer incompetence since 2008 and he'll be unable to blame 'oil money' or 'financial doping'.

This title should have been ours, we should have been at least 10-15 points clear by now :banghead:
More likely that (in line with his recent comments) he will use it as a justification for not signing 'big names' etc etc. His conviction that he is on the right track will only ever get stronger.

Wenger still has so much unused slack - even if we manage to finish 5th we will be told "it's the first season in two decades where we've finished outside the top 4" and nonsense like "we finished above Liverpool even though they spent X and Klopp was touted by WOBs as an alternative to Wenger".

The reality is that there is an absolutely massive proportion of our 'fanbase' who just will not ever turn on Wenger regardless of what happens. These sorts of people tend to be morons who spend half of their lives on Twitter and the other half trying to appear on Arsenal TV and the like. That is why Wenger gets a free pass, because anybody who speaks out against him is immediately set upon by these vultures and dismissed as having an agenda.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Latest odds best prices (before we make a cock up of it today)
Leicester 15/8
Us 11/4...lol
Citeh 10/3
Spurs 9/2
Manure 40/1

I find it absolutely astounding that we are 2nd faves,i find it even more incredible/ridiculous that were ahead of citeh in the betting.

spike241

Post by spike241 »

I should've known! FFS
"You reproach me about not buying big names but you support the team who has no big names. Leicester is a fantastic example that football is not only about just spending money. It is the quality of work. Leicester is a very good example for our league."

So when City win it's because we can't compete with the financial dopers but if Leicester win it's just proof we don't need to spend.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

spike241 wrote:I should've known! FFS
"You reproach me about not buying big names but you support the team who has no big names. Leicester is a fantastic example that football is not only about just spending money. It is the quality of work. Leicester is a very good example for our league."

So when City win it's because we can't compete with the financial dopers but if Leicester win it's just proof we don't need to spend.
Couldn't agree more, is he that deluded that he doesn't realise the Leicester City story explodes every myth and excuse he has peddled since 04/05. ?

Sean

Post by Sean »

northbank123 wrote:
Sean wrote:If and when we do fuck it up again, I hope Leicester do win it. As others have said, it will highlight TOF's sheer incompetence since 2008 and he'll be unable to blame 'oil money' or 'financial doping'.

More likely that (in line with his recent comments) he will use it as a justification for not signing 'big names' etc etc. His conviction that he is on the right track will only ever get stronger.

Wenger still has so much unused slack - even if we manage to finish 5th we will be told "it's the first season in two decades where we've finished outside the top 4" and nonsense like "we finished above Liverpool even though they spent X and Klopp was touted by WOBs as an alternative to Wenger".

The reality is that there is an absolutely massive proportion of our 'fanbase' who just will not ever turn on Wenger regardless of what happens. These sorts of people tend to be morons who spend half of their lives on Twitter and the other half trying to appear on Arsenal TV and the like. That is why Wenger gets a free pass, because anybody who speaks out against him is immediately set upon by these vultures and dismissed as having an agenda.
spike241 wrote:I should've known! FFS

So we really cannot win either way :(

TOF will always twist the situation to suit his warped agenda, the fucking fraud :banghead:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

The thing with Leicester this season has been their desire, loosing 0-2 to Villa early in the season, 2-0 to Saints and Orcs yet fighting back in the last few minutes to win (Villa) or draw

There just isnt a shred of doubt in my mind that we would have got zero points from those positions, yet they got 5. Theres the difference, never say die Vs ovrerpampered mentally "strengthened" lot we have :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Strangely enough I think we'll see what Leicester are really made of once they've got the game against us out of the way and they have their run of so called 'easier fixtures'. The media suggestion was that the Liverpool, City and Arsenal games would be the ones that would see them come undone but I think they've revelled all season in being the 'underdogs' and even heading into Saturday's game City were still made huge favourites and Leicester played almost without expectation and certainly free from fear. 3 weeks ago they were still 8/1 for the title, now they're down to around 9/4 and people for the first time are starting to talk about them winning it

After playing us they face Norwich (h), West Brom (h), Watford (a), Newcastle (h), and Palace (a). They'll be favourites for each of those games and in the case of the first 2 they'll be playing against teams who have a first priority to shut up shop and nick a point. That's where I think they will struggle

However, if they do go on and win the league then fair play to them. It would be one of the most remarkable achievements in modern football history and I'm sure 99% of Gooners would prefer them to win it rather than one of the other unthinkable options !

augie

Post by augie »

Who the fu.ck has my half and half scarf ?? :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:

donaldo71

Post by donaldo71 »

A win for the Champions elect.And i don't mean Arsenal

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I think Leicester's real challenge will be when they face those clubs fighting for survival in march/ april. They are not used to being leaders, they are used to fighting for survival and the mentality is a lot different. The media expectation will be different. They have nothing to lose when they play the likes of us and man city, but they have everything to lose when facing sunderland, Swansea, Newcastle, Norwich, Bournemouth, west brom and chelski. I would add villa in the mix but they are just playing for respectability not survival.
Even if they do beat us and go 8 points clear, they'll drop points in march. When you are top waiting 7 days for a game it can be exasperating, better teams then Leicester have blown leads in march/april and not won the league

Herd

Post by Herd »

I cant beleive this thread which is wrong on so many counts its unreal !

Firstly Leicester are a proper team wtf is that all about ?

They went belly up in 2002 and were bought by a crook manduric he of popmpey fame before selling out to an
another extremely dodgy bunch,this time thais, ................so much for the club.
Their fans are scum of the highest order racist neandathal cowards that love beating up woman and children !

So whats there to like about them ?

I want Arsenal to win every time !

Fcuk Leicester and fuck any Toby that backs em against the Arsenal ! :banghead: :box: :cussing:

Sean

Post by Sean »

The thing is... Leicester actually have this vaunted 'Mental Strength' that TOF constantly talks about. We clearly do not :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

leicester is a rugby union town. that's the only explanation I can come up with when you have all those fans clapping those fucking clappy things like they used to at fulham.