WHICH PREM OLD CLUB DO YOU MISS? IF ANY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

WHICH PREM OLD CLUB DO YOU MISS? IF ANY

Post by goonersid »

With the ups and downs becoming more predictible each season, are there any club(s) which have slipped out of the annual prem promotion/relegation battles that you feel their absence is a loss to the premiership?
I feel a bit sorry for Southampton, they were one of the first clubs to take the plunge and build a new stadium, and whilst it's no grove nor even a madejski, it was a huge gamble which unfortunately for them has not paid off.
Add to that they always tried to play the game in the right way unlike the blackburns and boltons of this world. They also gave me some very happy memories like the 6 goal thrashing of utd in their "invisible" shirts, and a 4-0 FA cup hammering of a tottenumb side that were sure that would be "their year" for the cup :lol:
Add to that they were more often than not a handy 6 points for the Arse, then that alone is good reason to miss the saints.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Newcastle!

:lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Wimbledon. Saw my first ever professional game at Plough Lane and I miss the way that they wound up Manure, Scousers, Chavsea and Leeds but always spoke fondly of us and our ethos. Hope that AFC Wimbledon get back in the league to beat MK Franchise.

digger

Post by digger »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Wimbledon. Saw my first ever professional game at Plough Lane and I miss the way that they wound up Manure, Scousers, Chavsea and Leeds but always spoke fondly of us and our ethos. Hope that AFC Wimbledon get back in the league to beat MK Franchise.
Loved how a Wimbledon home game vs a big club would have 80% away fans :lol:

Could do with more southern teams, it's a pain having so many teams in the north east and west (thankfully newcastle, middlesboro and hull will go down!)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Dont miss any of them and dont understand all this sentiment that Newcastle will be missed if they go down bollocks... The totnumb of the north "id loove it if they go down" :lol: Now Shearer is there they have run out of Messiahs if they go down

What a shit hole Plough Lane was though
Last edited by flash gunner on Fri May 01, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

digger

Post by digger »

flash gunner wrote:Dont miss any of them and dont understand all this sentiment that Newcastle will be missed if they go down bollocks... The totnumb of the north "id loove it if they go down" :lol: Now Shearer is there they have run out of Messiahs if they go down
Imagine if Sheringham took over the heebs and "did a Shearer"? :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Yeah saints for me, i live about 30 mile from southampton and when they had the dell years back my eldest brother lived a mile away so i watched them a few times, brilliant atmosphere. Fans were so close to the pitch it intimidated them stupid, saw many good players go hiding down there.

Le tiss was a true master of his craft, i played against him when he went to eastleigh, big old unit but his first touch was sublime.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Norwich and Ipswich for me.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Rob wrote:Norwich and Ipswich for me.
Agree also Reading, I really hope they come up (instead of Birmingham (The *word censored*)) a guaranteed 6 points every season, and quite easy to get to.

paperclip

Post by paperclip »

Southampton.

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

leeds utd...

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

digger wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Dont miss any of them and dont understand all this sentiment that Newcastle will be missed if they go down bollocks... The totnumb of the north "id loove it if they go down" :lol: Now Shearer is there they have run out of Messiahs if they go down
Imagine if Sheringham took over the heebs and "did a Shearer"? :lol:
That would be just perfect.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

benglenton wrote:leeds utd...
Fuck me no! I hope they never return!

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

I nearly crashed my car laughing when I heard they had been put into administration and relegated from to League One / Division 2 or whatever they call it now.

Charlie! Charlie!

Post by Charlie! Charlie! »

Rob wrote:Norwich and Ipswich for me.
I agree Ipswich - not sure about the budgies.

Some local derby - what is there? 50 miles between them? Fucking carrot crunchers! :lol: